If Slash goes back to SMKC after the tour..

2 minutes ago, crashoride said:

Why would GN'R take time off? Touring has been really successful and Slash will make way more $$$ doing GN'R.

GN'R needs a new album with this lineup or a couple of new hit singles on the radio. This is the only thing missing.

Also, Axl and Slash seem to be having a blast together.

You learn from your mistakes. In the 90's they should have taken a break from each other...then came back together later on. Instead Axl tried to force gnr into his own solo project. They butted heads and the whole thing came crashing down. 

I think after a year+ on the road together they need some time away. Axl has his thing with AC/DC and Slash has his with Myles..give these guys time. No need to force touring for years to come just to make a buck or two. 

2 hours ago, soon said:

This makes a lot of sense to me.  Other members have been careful over the years pre-VR to not have too many of them together on any stage or recording to be close to being Guns.  But, yes, especially Slash and Axl I think this would still be true today.

Also, a separate thought; One song isnt hard for most working singers, but apparently is hard for Axl.  Especially a Slash track that he cant control the music on, I would think.  So Slash could try and hand him some lyrics and a melody, but we've seen where that goes.

Well, when Slash goes solo again and GNR doesn't implode till then, I can see Axl do one song. He did it for Bach, he did it for Gilby, he did it for West Arkeen. If Slash hands him an instrumental track that fits (and Slash is very well capable of writing the right song for the right singer) I think it is a possibility that's not unrealistic at all. Slash even considered to ask Axl singing one song on his self titeld knowing he wouldn't accept at the time. This would be a whole new situation.

IF he's doing it, he would use his own lyrics and melodies, that's for sure.

Of course I'd prefer new Guns music, I just dont know how likely that is. New Slash music is a safe bet.

2 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Well, when Slash goes solo again and GNR doesn't implode till then, I can see Axl do one song. He did it for Bach, he did it for Gilby, he did it for West Arkeen. If Slash hands him an instrumental track that fits (and Slash is very well capable of writing the right song for the right singer) I think it is a possibility that's not unrealistic at all. Slash even considered to ask Axl singing one song on his self titeld knowing he wouldn't accept at the time. This would be a whole new situation.

IF he's doing it, he would use his own lyrics and melodies, that's for sure.

Of course I'd prefer new Guns music, I just dont know how likely that is. New Slash music is a safe bet.

I sure hope Axl could produce in a timely manner if he's asked by Slash.  I personally doubt theyd think it fits brand wise.  But Id love for it to happen.  Didnt know about Slash considering to ask previously.  So thats definitely more hopeful!

37 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I didn't know about that either, very interesting!  Do you know which song he considered Axl for? 

No, no mention of that. I think he mentioned that in an interview after Slash was released, but I don't know how serious he was about it.

http://sleazeroxx.com/slash-considered-using-axl-rose-on-solo-album/

Slash considered ending his longrunning feud with former Guns n’ Roses bandmate Axl Rose during the making of his solo album – because he was desperate for the singer to join him in the studio.

The guitarist quit the legendary band in the 1990s after a famous falling out with Rose and hasn’t spoken to his former friend in years.

But Slash admits that while he was recruiting singers to lend vocals to tracks on his recent self-titled solo record, he thought about asking Rose to help.

He tells Classic Rock Revisited, “When I was in the middle of this process there were a lot of singers’ names who flew through my mind during the process. You are living in ‘Singer Land’ so all you are thinking about is singers. The thought of him crossed my mind at one point. I thought, ‘Axl could sing the shit out of any of these songs’.”

But Slash “never made the call” and jokingly cites Gun N’ Roses’ long-gestating album Chinese Democracy, which took more than a decade to make, as his reasoning.

He adds, “I wanted to put the record out in this millennium.”

Courtesy of www.sleazeroxx.com and jam.canoe.ca

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

http://sleazeroxx.com/slash-considered-using-axl-rose-on-solo-album/

Slash considered ending his longrunning feud with former Guns n’ Roses bandmate Axl Rose during the making of his solo album – because he was desperate for the singer to join him in the studio.

The guitarist quit the legendary band in the 1990s after a famous falling out with Rose and hasn’t spoken to his former friend in years.

But Slash admits that while he was recruiting singers to lend vocals to tracks on his recent self-titled solo record, he thought about asking Rose to help.

He tells Classic Rock Revisited, “When I was in the middle of this process there were a lot of singers’ names who flew through my mind during the process. You are living in ‘Singer Land’ so all you are thinking about is singers. The thought of him crossed my mind at one point. I thought, ‘Axl could sing the shit out of any of these songs’.”

But Slash “never made the call” and jokingly cites Gun N’ Roses’ long-gestating album Chinese Democracy, which took more than a decade to make, as his reasoning.

He adds, “I wanted to put the record out in this millennium.”

Courtesy of www.sleazeroxx.com and jam.canoe.ca

This is brilliant, thanks so much for finding it and sharing!

How I LOL'd at, "'The thought of him crossed my mind at one point.'  Nice try Slash, we know Axl haunted you day and night. ;)  Slash spent all those years searching for an Axl replacement and Axl spent all his dark years searching for a Slash replacement.  Reading stuff like this and knowing they are back where they belong makes me think all will be ok with the GNR world in the end.  It's a start.  First Axl, Slash and Duff.  Then Izzy.  Then Steven.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Unless Axl has had a complete change of heart and/or personality, or his ego has diminished considerably, I cannot see him working on Slash (or Duff) side projects for the same reasons he's likely to never allow Guns to cover VR or Snakepit songs on the current tour.  I could be wrong, but that's my hunch.  I personally would love to see him working with the others and I'd prefer it if Guns covered a Slash or Snakepit song on tour over the other covers, but I honestly don't think it'll happen.

Same,and plus Axl sure not go compete whit Myles.

From what I can tell, Myles is busy next year between finishing off the AB touring cycle, and on top of that he seems fairly dead set on releasing his solo album. Where that leaves SMKC? I don't know but maybe there's a window where they can do some shoes or make that next record. 

Hopefully Axl pulls the trigger and gets this band in the studio because it's clear that people are interested in a new guns record, not saying it sells twenty million records or anything crazy but there's an appetite for it, and when you're in your mid 50s there's really no time to waste.

Edited by Tom2112

3 minutes ago, JaxTeller said:

I would love to hear Axl on a Slash's song , but I would prefer the first Slaxl song since 1991 , to be for GNR. 

Yeah, I agree with that. I thought that you talked about new music in general.

3 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Imagine a Slash solo record with Fortus as the lead guitarist and Myles on vocals, this forum would go into meltdown :lol:

I think since SMKC doesn't have permanent rhythm guitarist it will be worked great, even if the song is very mediocre people still gonna flocking to it since it was like a sneak peek of how future GNR album gonna sound like.

34 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

I think since SMKC doesn't have permanent rhythm guitarist it will be worked great, even if the song is very mediocre people still gonna flocking to it since it was like a sneak peek of how future GNR album gonna sound like.

Frank Sidoris is permanent. 

Slash writes and records all the guitars. Richard can join as a touring guitarist.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Frank Sidoris is permanent. 

Slash writes and records all the guitars. Richard can join as a touring guitarist.

That's what i'm trying to say, Sidoris were permanent but just at touring level

What Slash need is let Fortus guest on just one song on the album, no need to make him full-time.

It would be cheap and effective advertisement for both SMKC and GNR.