The Disaster Artist

Powerage5

12 hours ago, maynard said:

Tommy is awesome. The Room is awesome. I have to say I like how Franco apparently didn't try to do a perfect impression of Tommy but just nuances of his weirdness. Let's see how it sounds in the rest of the movie. More excited about this than loads of other movies.

It didn't sound very Tommy-ish at all until he got the actual take at the end of the trailer. I agree it's good to not try and do a perfect Tommy impression, because he's so...erratic in the way he speaks, an impression would come off more as a mockery. 

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Who the fuck is that long haired Herman Munster lookin' motherfucker? :lol:

James Franco, playing Tommy Wiseau - the star, writer, director, and producer of The Room. This film, The Disaster Artist, is based on a book by the same name written about the making of The Room by Greg Sestero, the co-star of The Room.

17 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

It didn't sound very Tommy-ish at all until he got the actual take at the end of the trailer. I agree it's good to not try and do a perfect Tommy impression, because he's so...erratic in the way he speaks, an impression would come off more as a mockery. 

James Franco, playing Tommy Wiseau - the star, writer, director, and producer of The Room. This film, The Disaster Artist, is based on a book by the same name written about the making of The Room by Greg Sestero, the co-star of The Room.

Shit, THATS James Franco?  I kinda see it now you said it but wow!

• GNFNR 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw it last night. It's honestly one of the most enjoyable films I've ever seen. James Franco is at his absolute peak - he was born to play Tommy Wiseau. The film is fairly accurate to the book, though it does take a few small liberties most likely in the interest of run time (The biggest being glossing over some of Greg's life between meeting Tommy and starting work on The Room). The rest of the cast is phenomenal as well, and the cameos never feel too on the nose. There's a montage at the end where they compare the original film side-by-side to the scenes they recreated for The Disaster Artist, and it's truly amazing how close they got to the original film. 

Highly, highly recommended whether or not you know and love The Room. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...