Slash's best solos?

Gibson87

My 'Top 10 debut albums' video never materialized and now I'm doing a fun little project until I find a better idea. So, I'm looking for Slash's best solos. I have part one on YouTube already.

PART 1 SOLOS

-Both Estranged Solos
-Don't Cry
-The Last Fight (1st solo between verses)
-Nightrain (1st solo)
-Jungle (2nd solo)
-Ghost 
-YCBM
-SCOM (obviously) 
-Yesterdays
-Anastasia (1st solo)
-Dead Horse
-Patience 

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 1

Very cool!  Really enjoyed that.  All of his solos are incredible, but imo Last Fight isn't a standout.  If you do another Id vote for:

- The second solo in Back and Forth Again from Its Five O'clock Somewhere

- Sucker Train Blues from Contraband

- Dont Damn Me

• Like 2

I'm wondering why there isn't the second Nightrain solo listed...

Back and Forth Again should be definitely up there. Crucify The Dead, Halo, some of WOF as well as some of his Guest Appearances like "Where You Belong" from the Carmine Appice' Guitar Zeus, Fields of Joy (Lenny Kravitz), his two solos on Pawnshop Guitars or onTeddy Zigzag's Shotgun Shack.

Top 10 list does't do Slash justice.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2017 at 4:50 PM, janrichmond said:

Battleground from WoF is pretty amazing and

the Dissident, The Unholy and..oh fuck it..all of them :lol:

I had to work very hard to not throw every solo he's written in that video :lol:

I do think The Unholy is one of his best solos

• Like 1

I know the solo in Back to the Moment isn't quite 'worthy' of inclusion but I feel compelled to give it a shout out because while it's on the short side and it's not complicated or busy, it's FULL of feeling.  I happen to think it's one of his most 'feeling all the feels' solos.  It's like a brief spasm of pain. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I know the solo in Back to the Moment isn't quite 'worthy' of inclusion but I feel compelled to give it a shout out because while it's on the short side and it's not complicated or busy, it's FULL of feeling.  I happen to think it's one of his most 'feeling all the feels' solos.  It's like a brief spasm of pain. 

such a great song

On 9/21/2017 at 3:05 PM, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

That one, and Back And Forth Again are very feely solos.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Can any of the tech savvy fans we have on here make a SLASH solo complication - just Slash solos  as 1 song - I have DIMEBAG DARRELLS someone made and I rip to it all the time , I don't have the knowledge to do it , any help would be welcomed , I got the DIMES off youtube it was called top 30 solos  from DIME 

On 21/9/2017 at 4:48 PM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Part 2

I love this shit, could spend so many hours listening to his solos!

I think his solo on Elan's song Street Child shouldn't be missing in any list, it's just perfect :heart:

Other killer solos (some already mentioned) would be Serial Killer, You Got No Right, Dime Store Rock, Messages, Back To The Moment, Back And Forth Again, American Man, Dirty Little Thing (:headbang:), Loving The Alien, We Will Roam, Starlight, I Hate Everybody But You, Bad Apples, Vengeance Is Mine, Mother Maria, By The Sword...

37 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I love this shit, could spend so many hours listening to his solos!

I think his solo on Elan's song Street Child shouldn't be missing in any list, it's just perfect :heart:

Other killer solos (some already mentioned) would be Serial Killer, You Got No Right, Dime Store Rock, Messages, Back To The Moment, Back And Forth Again, American Man, Dirty Little Thing (:headbang:), Loving The Alien, We Will Roam, Starlight, I Hate Everybody But You, Bad Apples, Vengeance Is Mine, Mother Maria, By The Sword...

Well shit... now I'm gonna make a part 3! :D I'd add 'The Unholy' to your list too. Such a great solo

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • GNFNR 1

Solo in "Mother Maria" (damn this fingerpicking <3) is a great example in which direction Slash sometimes should go. Less noodlin', more emotions and particular choice of notes. "Far and Away" is great too, I also like those guitar fills that Myles does. I love "The Dissident" and "Stone Blind" solos, very characteristic.

No one mentioned "Give in To Me" and "I Hold On" yet? o_O 

Edited by Ralphelmo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
22 hours ago, Serpens Albus said:

I really like the "You Could Be Mine" or whoever plays the solo on that. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but Slash plays all the guitar solos in the early albums, right?

There are lead guitar parts played by Izzy on different songs like the first half of the first Nightrain solo or the intro to Back off Bitch

Edited by Free Bird

On 19.1.2019 at 11:14 PM, Tom-Ass said:

I haven't seen anyone mention "You Got No Right" but I always thought that was a great solo.. You could easily have a Slash top 100 solos if you wanted to. 

A top 100 would make more sense than a top 10 by the amount of great solos he has written.

• Like 2