Another Buckethead Question

98izzark

Since I don't like streaming does anyone know where I can actually download Buckethead's discography/albums without torrenting until I can buy CDs (because lord knows that'll be a tough one with him) or even have it on hand with Mega or something?

TDRS used to offer some mp3 tracks to sample his albums ages ago, otherwise since you don't like streaming Buckethead still offers Nottingham Lace as a free download on his bucketheadland site.

His bandcamp store only offers the pikes currently for download, but the vintage albums might pop up sooner or later; there's a great sale going on now too:
http://music.bucketheadpikes.com/

30 minutes ago, Gackt said:

TDRS used to offer some mp3 tracks to sample his albums ages ago, otherwise since you don't like streaming Buckethead still offers Nottingham Lace as a free download on his bucketheadland site.

His bandcamp store only offers the pikes currently for download, but the vintage albums might pop up sooner or later; there's a great sale going on now too:
http://music.bucketheadpikes.com/

It's not even that I don't like streaming (I mean I don't because I would never have enough data for how much I listen to music and I don't even have a phone plan atm) but I like physical media

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 98izzark said:

It's not even that I don't like streaming (I mean I don't because I would never have enough data for how much I listen to music and I don't even have a phone plan atm) but I like physical media

You can buy some of his older albums on ebay

1 hour ago, 98izzark said:

Your best bet would be something like discogs or ebay then, as most vintage Buckethead albums are long out of print

If you're a vinyl guy, Buckethead's been busy releasing vinyl editions of several older & newer albums:
http://bucketheadpikes.com/vinyl.html

Standard CD's:
http://www.bucketheadpikes.com/standards.html

• Like 1

Is there a decent Buckethead forum going anymore, or just fb groups? I kind of lucked out in that I found a copy of Crime Slunk Scene on the rarities page of TDRS, Captain EO's Voyage on Buckethead-coop, and Day Of The Robot on eBay all for reasonable prices, as well as his more common albums like Colma, Cuckoo Clocks of Hell, Electric Tears and Electric Sea at record stores.

In regards to the OP, sorry I can't help you, but why won't you use torrents? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Buckethead should get his own sub-forum in the Jungle section.

this. kinda dumb that when slash wasnt part of the band that posts about him got moved. buckethead is a small footnote in gnr history. great guitarist and i wish him luck on his future ventures but tbh i dont really care about the guy or what hes doing now

4 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

this. kinda dumb that when slash wasnt part of the band that posts about him got moved. buckethead is a small footnote in gnr history. great guitarist and i wish him luck on his future ventures but tbh i dont really care about the guy or what hes doing now

You're right. I just moved this to The Jungle as we do with most threads involving past members :)

8 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

There a so many threads about him that it would make sense. You wouldn't have to visit the sub-forum if you are not interested.

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Is there a decent Buckethead forum going anymore, or just fb groups? I kind of lucked out in that I found a copy of Crime Slunk Scene on the rarities page of TDRS, Captain EO's Voyage on Buckethead-coop, and Day Of The Robot on eBay all for reasonable prices, as well as his more common albums like Colma, Cuckoo Clocks of Hell, Electric Tears and Electric Sea at record stores.

There's a couple Facebook groups, otherwise most of the online communities have scattered; TDRS being so dead lately is depressing, since I used to frequent that forum often to see what's happening.

46 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

He's one of the few GNR alumni that Axl wanted to stay on good terms with after their departure, so there's that :lol:

20 hours ago, Gackt said:

Your best bet would be something like discogs or ebay then, as most vintage Buckethead albums are long out of print

If you're a vinyl guy, Buckethead's been busy releasing vinyl editions of several older & newer albums:
http://bucketheadpikes.com/vinyl.html

Standard CD's:
http://www.bucketheadpikes.com/standards.html

I've been collecting music long enough now to know where to find rarer CDs or records but the issue is finding somewhere to download most of them without having to pay for them so I can see if I want to buy them or listen to them on my phone until I can get said CDs

18 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

In regards to the OP, sorry I can't help you, but why won't you use torrents? 

Primarily because I don't need to for anyone else and there's more to torrenting than just clicking download plus having to hide your IP and all that