Mass Shooting, Las Vegas, 10/01/2017

RussTCB

6 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Just been updated to over 400 injured.

Terrible situation, it was just unfolding as I woke up this morning. Those poor people. :(

Just heard the update about 400 injured. I'm assuming that the death toll is going to be closer to 100 when this is said & done. So sad :( 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Graeme said:

I was sure I made a post in here... What happened to it?

Tried to send you a PM about it but it says you can't receive messages. If you'd like to send me a PM, I'll be happy to explain why it was removed.

So very sad and tragic. Thoughts go out to the hundreds killed/injured and the thousands of people who will undoubtedly be effected by this event.

It's a sad day when something meant to be unequivocally fun and celebratory now morphs into something so utterly horrifying, and no one is at fault but one deranged human with access to the means to inflict harm.

Stay safe to all MyGnR'ers traveling to future concerts and events!

58-59 confirmed dead with 515 wounded.

Terrible news. 

I had two friends who were attending this festival but fortunately were not harmed.  They found themselves in someone else's hotel room after running to escape.  It took several hours before they were allowed to leave as the entire area and adjacent hotels were put on lockdown.

It sounds like the shooter just lost it for reasons we'll never know.

We're going to ask that this thread avoid the usual gun control debates at least for a day or two.  I believe there is another thread in AG specific to gun control.  Please use that thread for the time being. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

It was an old white guy so the shooter has been labled "Lone Wolf" and probably has "mental illness"

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor identify skin color article terrorist lone wolf 

Aside from that this is obviously a disgusting crime. Opening fire with an automatic rifle on a festival crowd from a hotelroom... Coward.... Absolutely horrible... 

I wonder what they'll say about his motives... 

Edited by username
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Police have searched his home. I gather we'll get the gist of it shortly. My question is if he indeed had an automatic, how did he get it? Nevada has lax gun laws but this is a Federal regulation. Did he obtain it illegally or through a legal loophole? 

I read that he had multiple (automatic and semi-automatic) weapons in that hotel room. 

47 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Police have searched his home. I gather we'll get the gist of it shortly. My question is if he indeed had an automatic, how did he get it? Nevada has lax gun laws but this is a Federal regulation. Did he obtain it illegally or through a legal loophole? 

From what I read, in his room police found around 10 weapons. So he carried several guns with him. Where did he buy them? There are Gun Shows all over the U.S. Guns are sold like candy everywhere. His house it's located just 80 miles away from Vegas. I guess he just drove his car. Apparently he was in the company of woman. Police talked to her. But it seems she was not involved.