Mass Shooting, Las Vegas, 10/01/2017

RussTCB

Last I heard it was 58 dead and over 500 people injured. Some in surgery.

My God! It seems to get worse everyday. How did this guy get that weapon in that hotel room? The news said the gun was very hard to get. Obviously, not that hard. What the fuck is going on?

I hate when the news continues to show people running for their lives. Have some respect. I mean we don't need to see that over and over again.

I think Trump is right when he blames the media for adding to people's stress.

My prayers and thoughts go out to those people who lost their lives and their friends and families.

It's getting to be where you have to be cautious everywhere you go, but how do you think about something like this happening?

Just terrible!

44 minutes ago, Padme said:

From what I read, in his room police found around 10 weapons. So he carried several guns with him. Where did he buy them? There are Gun Shows all over the U.S. Guns are sold like candy everywhere. His house it's located just 80 miles away from Vegas. I guess he just drove his car. Apparently he was in the company of woman. Police talked to her. But it seems she was not involved. 

Yes, but to buy a full automatic you need serious cash or someway to bypass the loophole. People think he got the gun illegally. 

7 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Yes, but to buy a full automatic you need serious cash or someway to bypass the loophole. People think he got the gun illegally. 

Certain weapons can be converted to fully automatic with kits, etc....not all that expensive to do, actually. 

2 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Certain weapons can be converted to fully automatic with kits, etc....not all that expensive to do, actually. 

Yes, police mentioned one of the rifles looks to be converted. I see too many dumb comments how no civllian could be able to buy that gun, but you can convert it if you know what you are doing. Gotta love loopholes.

10 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Well the media is reporting that the guy was a millionaire. He was an accountant and had many real state investment.

This one really makes no sense (none of the other mass shootings did either but usually there was some sort of motive discovered) .  If they don't find some sort of letter, background information, computer backlogs, or some sort of conversations this guy had in relation to this....this could go down as a mystery....and if that's the case, watch out for conspiracy theorists to take over.

8 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Yes, police mentioned one of the rifles looks to be converted. I see too many dumb comments how no civllian could be able to buy that gun, but you can convert it if you know what you are doing. Gotta love loopholes.

Im sure many comments are speaking to the issue of assault riffles in general.  Including semi automatics.

Apparently, he has sent "tens of thousands" of dollars to the Phillipines in recent months and his wife is over there now, visiting. (someone).  The wife definitely has some answers...and maybe some odd terrorist connection can't be totally ruled out atm. (The Phillipines/SE Asia has been a hotbed for Terroristic cells over the past few years) 

8 minutes ago, Chris 55 said:

Why?

Good question.  

Another one: if Congress did fuck all about gun control after Sandy Hook, why would they do anything now.  Sandy Hook pretty much settled the gun control debate: apparently doing nothing in response to kids getting killed with guns is now standard in the US.  

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Padme said:

Well the media is reporting that the guy was a millionaire. He was an accountant and had many real state investment.

Did they mention whether or not he had a manufacturing license?

Even on the black market, a fully automatic rifle is expensive.

1 hour ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Did they mention whether or not he had a manufacturing license?

Even on the black market, a fully automatic rifle is expensive.

They just mentioned the guy had an arsenal with him and also more weapons at different houses he owned. They said the guy converted the specific rifle he used in Vegas

1 hour ago, Kasanova King said:

Takes about 90 seconds to "legally" convert a high powered semi automatic into essentially a fully automatic rifle using a "bump fire"....like this woman does...

Fuck me, I wouldnt wanna be the one to tell her to do the dishes!

• Haha 1

Im not well traveled and I dont have any interest in assault weapons, yet anytime I visit the USA someone wants to show me their assault weapons.  Even I know that one doesnt even need a commercially produced kit to mod a semi into a full.  But why the semis?  To oppose tyranny is the legal reason (just barely at that). If the govt wants to clamp down and you resist they will kill you from outer space, a drone, poison, black magic or Chenney will eat your face off.  Your little modded assault weapons are like bringing a twig to a missile fight.

This is what they actually do.  This and DV.

54 minutes ago, Padme said:

They just mentioned the guy had an arsenal with him and also more weapons at different houses he owned. They said the guy converted the specific rifle he used in Vegas

Yeah he had a special stock added. Perfectly legal.

So much for gun nuts trying to say he got it "illegally". What he did was perfectly within the realms of law. Minus the shooting people.

• Like 1

So sad. The news is continuing to talk to the people.

today they showed the names and faces of some of the dead. So sad.

Worse shooting in US history and that's just sad. With each horrible event it seems to get worse and worse.

The news is trying to find out more about the killer. Why? He's dead and why should we care. Maybe he was just crazy or fed up with life and just lost it.

He had so many guns and since Las Vegas allows you to carry guns everywhere and in hotels, no one thought having so many guns was strange?

I think the gun laws need to get stricter because too many innocent people are dying.

For those left behind it will stay with them for a long time to come. For the wounded it will be a long road to recovery. Still losing some of them. Just too damn terrible to think about. How can we as a people stop this?

I go to a lot of concerts here in Dallas and security is very tight now, but you just never know? Life has changed for all of us and not in a good way.

24 minutes ago, Dazey said:

The most telling thing about this latest atrocity is that this thread is two days old and only two pages long. :(

That could be partly our (mods) fault for limiting initial discussion on the inevitable discussion on gun control.   

However, with the dust settled somewhat, anyone is more than welcome to reiterate the same arguments concerning controlling gun use and ownership.