Slim Shady vs Donald Trump

Len Cnut

3 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Maybe I'm getting old but it lacked any sort of flow or rhythm imo....and I'm a pretty big Eminem fan. 

I think its Eminem getting old. I haven't listened to a full Em project since "Relapse" but the little bit ive heard since then he seemed to use that same yelling fast flow.

7 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Maybe I'm getting old but it lacked any sort of flow or rhythm imo....and I'm a pretty big Eminem fan. 

Its done accapella and the rhyming is a lot more intricate, done to a beat it’d come off a lot better but if you wrote that shit down and underlined the rhymes and half rhymes you’d be surprised.

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Its done accapella and the rhyming is a lot more intricate, done to a beat it’d come off a lot better but if you wrote that shit down and underlined the rhymes and half rhymes you’d be surprised.

Yeah probably would sound better with beats behind it...but his older stuff...even when he did accapella, used to have a lot of flow and rythym to it...

40 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm aware :lol:

Seriously though, for a start Eminem has never rhymed bad in his life, not on record.  The song might be a bit meh but this ain't no song, it's a freestyle, his rhymes always come correct and on the off instances where they are lacking HIS standard, they piss all over 95% of whats around.  And trying to stay relevant?  C'mon, when was this guy EVER relevant?  He kinda was a fuckin' entity unto himself.  I know people point at Esham and Red and etc etc but really and truly speaking, what was Eminem ever relevant to?  He was always an industry anomoly...if Em' was THAT kinda person he could've been a helluva lot more visible with the level of fame and acclaim that he had but he never gave a shit to cuz that ain't him, as far as what I see of him, I don't think thats in the boys character.  He seems to stand up when its something he feels strongly about, like all that shit he did getting behind Detroit etc  Thats what I think anyway. 

He's getting a kind of weird backlash along with the support for this, and i don't mean some kinda right wing American political shit (which is also there but thats less within my sphere of interest).  Its more from sort of corporate publications like Spin or whatever with these weird little articles about how look at the notice he's been getting for this when Kendrick and Cole have been blah blah blah blah-ing and they're black and it's like, y'know what, you gotta be fuckin' one way or the other with this.  Either you want people to stand up and get behind a thing or you don't but don't get on his fuckin' arse cuz he's white and he's getting behind this thing and getting noticed for it, thats some bullshit.  And its odd that its fuckin publications like Spin doing this shit when everything from BET, The Source, XXL, all of them are giving him respect, black sports stars, artists etc are behind the kid...and then corporate publications like Spin are like 'oh he's white', like we didn't fuckin' notice.

I like it well enough.  And i love that he went for it.  Its not gonna replace Whitey On The Moon or anything, but a powerful message in a time that needs them.  We don't need Dave Chapelle saying to give Trump a chance - we need Em threatening to stomp him!

Question, do people think a late 90's early naughties Eminem would thrive like he did in Trumps America?, i mean could you imagine if a white rapper came out this week spittin " you think i won't choke no whore till the vocal chords don't work in her throat no more?''...i can't see it flying today he'd be absolutely torn apart.

Edited by Silverburst80

58 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Question, do people think a late 90's early naughties Eminem would thrive like he did in Trumps America?, i mean could you imagine if a white rapper came out this week spittin " you think i won't choke no whore till the vocal chords don't work in her throat no more?''...i can't see it flying today he'd be absolutely torn apart.

#antifaiswatchingyouthroughyourwindow

2 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

Question, do people think a late 90's early naughties Eminem would thrive like he did in Trumps America?, i mean could you imagine if a white rapper came out this week spittin "you think i won't choke no whore till the vocal chords don't work in her throat no more?''...i can't see it flying today he'd be absolutely torn apart.

And the thing is Em was highly controversial back then. I can only imagine the world would implode if he came out today.

Edited by -W.A.R-