Steven Adler plans to release a new book =Steven Adler: The S--t My Friends Remember I Did=, releases website and wants people to send him stories

now thats fun

Slash-Steven-Adler-pic.jpg

Steven Adler Seeking Out Stories of His Past for New Book

16 hours ago

Steven Adler has led a colorful life, but one that due to his well documented issues with excess has left his mind a little bit cloudy. However, that's not stopping the onetime Guns N' Roses drummer from working on a new book about his past that he's given the clever title, Steven Adler: The S--t My Friends Remember I Did.

Adler revealed the book project to us on the red carpet at the Bowl for Ronnie fundraiser in Los Angeles Friday night (Oct. 6). “I’m putting a book together called Steven Adler: The S—t My Friends Remember I Did. Because now that I’m sober I’m hearing all these stories of things I did and I’m completely blank. So all my friends are telling me stories and so I started a website called Steven Adler Stories and if you have a story where we’ve ever met anywhere around the world, it should be no less that 20 words and no more than 125 words. That’s how you can be a part of my history."

"Girls, there are plenty of girls around the world that I have to apologize to. I was drinking and using and I would say and do things that I would not normally do," says Adler, who adds with a smile, "So be gentle.”

FULL STORY = http://loudwire.com/steven-adler-stories-of-past-new-book/

1 hour ago, AlterL said:

Didn't some guy recently claimed he smoked some weed with Adler not to long ago? If so then maybe he isn't as sober as he claims he is.

Weed is often prescribed medically for mental illness, even if it was recreational it’s not the worst thing you can do. His past addictions were more so illegal drugs and drinking.

I really hope Adler doesn’t put anything in this book that (further) damages his relationship with this incarnation of Guns, although the damage may already be done with his mother’s last release.

• Like 2

It sounds like a fun book. It is obvious he is doing this for the money. While the big 3 sit around making a shitload of money he probably feels like he should get what he can while GnR is "hot" again.

He is not being included on the big pay day, so I can't knock him for getting what he can get. I won't buy it but I might download it lol.

1 hour ago, AlterL said:

Didn't some guy recently claimed he smoked some weed with Adler not to long ago? If so then maybe he isn't as sober as he claims he is.

Yeah, I saw that. A lot of these musicians don't count weed as a drug. I guess when you have been strung out sucking dick for crack and heroin weed is nothing lol. As long as he can smoke a joint and keep it at that I say more power to him.

5 hours ago, AlterL said:

I smoked weed with him a few times... But that was when he was still with Adler's Appetite

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

9 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Maybe I'll submit it to the book.. Some pretty cool stories.. One was that he didn't even know he was on Live Era so I played a the songs for him.  Another was him, my two cousins and myself hanging out smoking and listening to tunes in my car.. He was saying how much he loved the song "Draw The Line".  I knew I had it loaded into my 6 CD changer (was awhile ago lol) and exactly which CD and track. I put it on and cranked it.. We were all drinking.. I was a bit younger and it was so surreal. I was so jacked up that I punched my windshield while rocking out making it spider web and crack, Had to get it replaced.. I actually have a bunch more of memories..

Ya know... People talk a lot of shit about that dude. I don't "know" Steven but got to hang out with him a couple times for a few hours.. I have to say that in that short time you could tell he was one of the nicest, sincere, genuine and most gracious people out there.

I probably will write something up and send it to him..

Wtf tom ass this is cool as shit

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Maybe I'll submit it to the book.. Some pretty cool stories.. One was that he didn't even know he was on Live Era so I played a the songs for him.  Another was him, my two cousins and myself hanging out smoking and listening to tunes in my car.. He was saying how much he loved the song "Draw The Line".  I knew I had it loaded into my 6 CD changer (was awhile ago lol) and exactly which CD and track. I put it on and cranked it.. We were all drinking.. I was a bit younger and it was so surreal. I was so jacked up that I punched my windshield while rocking out making it spider web and crack, Had to get it replaced.. I actually have a bunch more of memories..

Ya know... People talk a lot of shit about that dude. I don't "know" Steven but got to hang out with him a couple times for a few hours.. I have to say that in that short time you could tell he was one of the nicest, sincere, genuine and most gracious people out there.

I probably will write something up and send it to him..

Dude that's great! Thanks a lot for sharing these stories!

But what I expected to hear from you is - HOW did you manage as an average  regular fan (no disrespect intended) to get THAT close to Steven? I mean HOW did you meet him THAT many times (was it VIP or Meet and Greet) and how did he agree to come to the car with you? Did Steven remember you after a few times?

It seems really unbelievable - at least from my perspective cause I never met any GNR member in person... 

Edited by scooby845
  • Like 1

As much as I'd love to see a new book from Steven I wonder who will come forward with who knows what. How will he authenticate these stories? These days you have people 

surfacing 40 years later and claiming someone famous did something to them in an attempt to gain money or fame. Wouldn't want to see him have trouble from someone shady.

He's doing so well and it's great seeing him getting out and playing.

13 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Is there anything worse than the day after a big night a friend turning and saying to you " sooooo do you remember what you did last night?''. Surely this won't be one book, Steven could easily release a trilogy.

What's worse is the friend that lives in the past and won't shut up about it. There's a great Chris Rock quote from one of his 90's standup specials that feels relevant here:

"Relationships: easy to get in to, hard to maintain. Why are they so hard to maintain? Cause people stop talkin'. Why? 'Cause at a certain point you have heard everything this person has to say and it makes you sick to your stomach. You know what they gonna say before it even comes out of their mouth and you just wanna stab them in the neck with a pencil...they're like, "Remember that time?" "Yeah I remember that time...stop tellin' me the same shit over and over! Why don't you go out and get kidnapped and have some new shit happen to you?"

The story of Steven and Slash's relationship essentially. :lol:

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 1

He might be a literary genius with a whole library of books lined-up?

11 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

at this stage in his life why does he want to go down this path. I hope we aren't going to get multiple books about it like nikki six.

Like Michael Caine? I think Caine must be on his fourth autobiography by now.

10 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

at this stage in his life why does he want to go down this path. I hope we aren't going to get multiple books about it like nikki six.

Money and relevance I suppose now that Guns is huge again. He's embracing the mythology of him being the ultimate fuck-up party animal that got kicked out of the most dangerous band in the world because he was too wild. That's cool when you're in your 20's or even 30's. Not when you're 50 something like Steven.

He had a glorious past but this stuff is sort of like the uncle we all have that won't stop talking about their glory days in high school when they were the star athlete. 

None of the guys celebrate their excess to the level Steven does. How many interviews do Gilby or even Matt give about the wild debauchery of the Illusion tour? Steven seems to revel in that stuff.