Let’s honestly talk about ticket prices...

hm how did I manage to attend my 3 shows: I spent like 700 euros for the shows and about 200 eur for travelling and 1 hotel. 

I have a nice income but I am not rich. my account was overdue like 5 -6 months due to GNR but I managed to pay back everything.

other idea is to tell your family and friends that this year for birthday you just want money and put a box on a table where they can throw the money in. don t know if this is common in your country?? 

35 minutes ago, Natty said:

hm how did I manage to attend my 3 shows: I spent like 700 euros for the shows and about 200 eur for travelling and 1 hotel. 

I have a nice income but I am not rich. my account was overdue like 5 -6 months due to GNR but I managed to pay back everything.

other idea is to tell your family and friends that this year for birthday you just want money and put a box on a table where they can throw the money in. don t know if this is common in your country?? 

In South America is too very expensive 😡

7 hours ago, JimMorrison4 said:

The shows are selling out anyway. If they priced them lower they'd sell out even faster and end up around the same price they are now on resale sites.

On the other hand, I wish they would've been priced lower in Nashville so I could justify seeing them for the 3rd time on this tour lol

The resale would still be high but plenty of people could still get in at fair prices through fan clubs and pre sales and if they were lucky during the public sale.. 

i paid about £350 for GC in London but that was for 2 tickets and about 3 days before the concert. I also paid about the same for 2 tickets on night 1 but a got them as soon as they were released. I used Viagogo which is a rip off. At the time it seemed a bit much but until this thread i never really looked at how much i spent and including travel,food and drinks it's about a £1000:facepalm: 

I could of got a new Mulberry handbag with that! :lol:

Slash was worth it :slash:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This can and will go on indefinitely “in fits and starts”. The best thing you can all do to voice your displeasure is simply stop attending these shows, no need to complain.

Mark my words, the next step for GNR will be an Appetite era, original member “Once In A Lifetime” tour. This will take place sometime in the not-so-distant future, and will include both Adler and Izzy. Possibly the final piece in the “GNR legacy”.

I hope there’s a new album somewhere in the midst but I wouldn’t wager anything on it happening. 

1 hour ago, smokingarthur said:

Mark my words, the next step for GNR will be an Appetite era, original member “Once In A Lifetime” tour. This will take place sometime in the not-so-distant future, and will include both Adler and Izzy. Possibly the final piece in the “GNR legacy”.

Just a gut feeling?

If they're just going to play on and on then everybody should just wait for the cheaper tickets and smaller venues. I'm waiting until they play my local social club, £5 admission and a free pint of John Smiths. How long do you think I'll have to wait? Not long I suspect if Rose's voice continues the way it has been going.

• Like 1

For me, I don't have any regrets paying $180 for my MSG ticket. I did something that I really enjoy and loved every second of it.

What I have a problem with is paying for NY Giants tickets for my father and I. Initially, the Giants received hype to be in the playoffs and be Super Bowl contenders. That is far from the case. This season went down the toilet in week 4. I feel like I now have wasted $350 on a crappy product. Giants should be issuing refunds for this season. 

i would really like to know when and why the music industry thought they could fuck the fan by increasing ticket prices to the price they are now. I routinely see comments on band forums from north american fans who reminince when they saw bands like van halen and maiden in mid 80's in their prime and only paid less than $10.00 for a ticket probably between 3 to 5 bucks and i think those prices were normal. But how the fuck promoters can justify prices being what they are and thats not including VIP pricing. My thoughts are bands wernt getting ripped off back then in terms of pricing  and the economy in some countries hasn't vastly changed. So how did pricing end up the way it has?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

i would really like to know when and why the music industry thought they could fuck the fan by increasing ticket prices to the price they are now. I routinely see comments on band forums from north american fans who reminince when they saw bands like van halen and maiden in mid 80's in their prime and only paid less than $10.00 for a ticket probably between 3 to 5 bucks and i think those prices were normal. But how the fuck promoters can justify prices being what they are and thats not including VIP pricing. My thoughts are bands wernt getting ripped off back then in terms of pricing  and the economy in some countries hasn't vastly changed. So how did pricing end up the way it has?

It was £15 - £25 ($20 - 25) when I was a very active concert goer which was 1996 - 2002ish. At some point in the '00s the prices rocketed at an unprecedented level of inflation!

A similar thing happened to the bag of chips.

• Like 1

I haven't been to a single concert on this tour. Would love it, but I can't afford it, as a student and carer. In 2012 I paid just over £100 for two front-row seats in the first block by the stage. And they played in Manchester, which is less than an hour away from where I live. I can't do nosebleeds - sitting up high makes me feel dizzy. So the prices they asked for lower tier seats + travel to London and a hotel on top of that, nopes, not going to happen.

I was lucky enough to catch them in '93, so I have those memories. But I feel bad for people in a similar position as I am in, who really want to see Axl, Slash and Duff together and who simply can't afford it.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, blackieloveless said:

for those of us old enough that have seen this band in their prime and payed $20 ish bucks it is really hard to justify paying these prices sans prime . i have not nor would i entertain the idea of contributing to the retirement fund .

I seen them with Faith No More and Metallica In 1992 and If I am remembering correctly the tickets were $29.50. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

At one time these bands made large profits selling albums, that Is certainly not the case today. Now It Is merchandise and tickets. Just my opinion.

Edited by ironmt

Yeah, I agree the prices are pretty damn high and it’s a real shame that some people will be priced out of seeing their favourite artist, but we should understand that the music industry is not the same anymore. It’s true that 25 years ago the tickets prices were about 25 bucks, but we forget that the live performances are now worth more than the recorded music. Today even major label bands rarely make money from album sales.

How are concert ticket prices set? It’s a hard job, a balancing act that involves making sure the touring artist and promoters / venues make money while keeping prices reasonable for fans. Basically, a band sets a figure it is guaranteed to be paid for a concert. The promoter and the band’s management work together to determine a ticket price that makes the most sense for both parties and that’s it.

The ticket prices are my only real complaint about this tour. I would have seen more shows, had they kept the regular ticket prices. I think it really is a slap in the face of all those fans, who supported them in their various incarnations over the years. But that said, people are stupid, if the top priced ticket cost 100, then ticketscalpers will snatch them up and fans will still pay 300 on the secondary markets. I'd rather give the money to GNR than reseller assholes. But it still leaves a bad taste in ones mouth.

12 hours ago, Natty said:

Hi. how much did gnr ask in southamerica for golden circle or other categories? usually bands ask lower prices there don t they? 

@Nattythe most lower price in my country, last time and for blame TheWho was $150.00and others up ,very more expensive what $ 150.00.

• Sad 1

guns n' roses is the only band i would pay this much money to see.  i went to foxboro and metlife last summer and paid over 1200$ for tickets to the 2 shows for my girlfriend and i........and don't regret it a bit.  it was awesome!!!  i'm going to msg tomorrow night, paid 180$ for my ticket.  i'm not wealthy by any means, but i would regret it if i didn't go.  with all of the rock stars we've lost in the last few years, i just never know how many more opportunities i'm going to get to see axl, slash, duff, and the band.  i hope that i get many more years of chances to see the band, but you never know.  i'm going to enjoy the fuck out of tomorrow night and i don't care what i paid for tickets.

Edited by Evil Doer
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Natty said:

really , wow :max:

that s unfair. people there don t have the same income as europeans or north americans. Thats a nasty price to ask over there 

Yes. It is. And I saw people in front of the hotel, who were there, but couldn' t afford tickets.