Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILER TAGS NO LONGER REQUIRED]

Powerage5

I thought we had a thread for the Han Solo movie already, but I can't seem to find it. Anyways, the title was officially announced today!

solo-a-star-wars-story-tall-A.png

http://www.starwars.com/news/official-name-for-the-untitled-han-solo-film-revealed

Release date is still slated for May 25, so hopefully we get a trailer before too long. Maybe attached to The Last Jedi?

Star Wars is standing on the precipice. I can envision it being completely buggered through constantly diminishing sequels and spin offs. We've seen this with so many American films from that (New Hollywood) era - Jaws, Terminator, Alien - that were all buggered up the arse, Indiana Jones just entering that course with his fourth outing. Star Wars managed to avoid that until the Disney takeover because of the holistic nature of Lucas's 'envisioned' sextology, and the simple fact that Lucas works 'Axl Rose hours'.

I think there is only Back to the Future left! (don't tell them!!).

Edited by DieselDaisy

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Star Wars is standing on the precipice. I can envision it being completely buggered through constantly diminishing sequels and spin offs. We've seen this with so many American films from that (New Hollywood) era - Jaws, Terminator, Alien - that were all buggered up the arse, Indiana Jones just entering that course with his fourth outing. Star Wars managed to avoid that until the Disney takeover because of the holistic nature of Lucas's 'envisioned' sextology, and the simple fact that Lucas works 'Axl Rose hours'.

I think there is only Back to the Future left! (don't tell them!!).

Yeah Except The Force Awakens was fine, Rogue One was great so, so far they're 2 for 2 in NOT buggering it up. By all accounts The Last Jedi is going to be great. The idea of doing a Han Solo movie is a joke that they even chose to do it and nobody wanted it but by the time that comes out there's a very real chance the franchise is 3/3 in quality films in the post prequel era. So maybe the Solo movie will be good. How about we stop bitching like a bunch of assholes over movies that haven't even come out yet. The Obi-Wan movie has potential to be awesome and there's still Episode 9. So maybe pump the breaks on the overly cynical pessimism. 

1 hour ago, Bono said:

Yeah Except The Force Awakens was fine, Rogue One was great so, so far they're 2 for 2 in NOT buggering it up. By all accounts The Last Jedi is going to be great. The idea of doing a Han Solo movie is a joke that they even chose to do it and nobody wanted it but by the time that comes out there's a very real chance the franchise is 3/3 in quality films in the post prequel era. So maybe the Solo movie will be good. How about we stop bitching like a bunch of assholes over movies that haven't even come out yet. The Obi-Wan movie has potential to be awesome and there's still Episode 9. So maybe pump the breaks on the overly cynical pessimism. 

I thought The Force Awakens was absolutely hideous.

• Like 1

On October 20, 2017 at 12:47 PM, soon said:

Its not the anthology story that Im most looking forward to, but to me things are going just fine with Disney.  From what I know it sounds good that they fired those comedy directors?  

yeah I like Lord and Miller's films, but I prefer Ron Howard for a Han Solo film. 

i think disney is doing well. Not great, but well. My "the plot thickens" comment was just to point out how both SW fans and GNR fans tend to complain a lot. 

• Like 1