If guns we're to at least shuffle the existing set list what order would it be?

Heres DC's set list for reference:

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive 
Estranged
Better
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
New Rose 
This I Love
Civil War
Yesterdays 
Coma
Band Intros
The Godfather Theme/Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita Lineman
Used To Love Her
My Michelle
Wish You Were Here/Layla
November Rain
Black Hole Sun
Only Women Bleed/Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

ENCORE:

Catcher In The Rye
Patience
Madagascar
Don't Cry
The Seeker
Paradise City

The only change I would make is to change the opening song from It's so easy to WTTJ

Oh, and they should play Shadow Of Your Love and Heartbreak Hotel instead of Black Hole Sun.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

Open with Nightrain

Separate YCBM and RQ as those are hard for Axl to sing back to back

Open the encore with Coma

End the regular set with Rocket Queen or add in something like You're Crazy to close it

Break up the cluster of songs from Wish You were Here all the way to Heaven's door as it's too much slow shit and makes the show start to drag.

• Like 1

Get rid of:

Wish You Were Here, Black Hole Sun, Wichita Lineman (much as I love it, there are too many covers), Layla, The Seeker and I Feel Good (great addition but I'm going w no more covers besides LALD, KOHD and TSI stuff Duff does)

Alternate (pick a different one every show):

This I Love/Prostitute/The Blues

Coma/Locomotive

Catcher/Sorry/TWAT

Eliminating the covers gives them room to add in at least 5 more full band GNR songs. I would bring in You're Crazy (Lies), Dead Horse, Pretty Tied Up, IRS and Shacklers.

Also, spread out the longer songs so they aren't back to back (Coma/Civil War/This I Love, etc)

• Like 1

Drop BHS and swap This I Love for CITR, and play the songs in this order and you have a way tighter show, IMO.

Nightrain
Welcome To The Jungle
Chinese Democracy
Mr. Brownstone
It's So Easy
Better
Live And Let Die
Civil War
Rocket Queen
Double Talkin' Jive (extended solo)
-Wish You Were Here
Patience
Wichita Lineman
Used To Love Her
-Layla
November Rain
New Rose/Attitude
My Michelle
You Could Be Mine
Yesterdays
Don't Cry
Coma
Catcher In The Rye
The Seeker
Knockin' On Heavens Door
-Godfather/solo
Sweet Child O' Mine

encore:
Madagascar
Estranged
Paradise City

• Like 1

2 hours ago, craiggunslover said:

I'm going to say open with night train and than go in to you could be mine for second song.....continue list someone and thanks for the set list reference!! :)

those two tracks - what I was gonna say actually - and then DTJ, ISE...

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

OTGM needs to come back to save the second half of the set. It would add a spark and not allow that second half to drag as much 

For sure.. This lineup kicks ass at it, It is one of Axl's best songs and it always goes over good.  That was one of if not my favorite songs last year... A CD song, BHS or some other cover could be bumped for sure.. Just not an original...

Other than, I would do something with the encore.. Make it a little more upbeat and move the CD songs somewhere else..

I absolutely LOVE opening with Its So Easy and Nightrain being last before the encore. Obviously the night must end with Paradise. 

Even tho I enjoy TIL, I would dump it. I'd also dump the seeker, Wichita lineman and BHS. Keep whole lotta Rosie  

OTGM should be a regular occurrence for sure. I'd like new Rose and attitude every night. 

I also would love to hear garden of eden but I'm unsure if Axl could pull it off 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think WTTJ should be moved to the opener like others said. No other song gets a crowd pumped up as that one. Hearing the intro lick and then Axl doing his signature, usually best scream of the night.

Either that song or Shadow of your Love would be great as the first song of a concert.

I thought that the WTTJ / ISE / Brownstone order was great back in 2001 / 2002 and 2006 / 2007.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2017 at 7:06 PM, Tom-Ass said:

For sure.. This lineup kicks ass at it, It is one of Axl's best songs and it always goes over good.  That was one of if not my favorite songs last year... A CD song, BHS or some other cover could be bumped for sure.. Just not an original...

Other than, I would do something with the encore.. Make it a little more upbeat and move the CD songs somewhere else..

Better yet, put all the CD songs in the encore.  Then I could split a little early, not miss anything and beat traffic..

Songs from DC

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
The Seeker
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive 
Live and Let Die
Estranged
Patience
Rocket Queen
Black Hole Sun
New Rose 
Civil War
Yesterdays 
Coma
Band Intros
The Godfather Theme/Sweet Child O' Mine
You Could Be Mine
Wichita Lineman
Used To Love Her
My Michelle
Only Women Bleed/Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Wish You Were Here/Layla
November Rain
Don't Cry
Nightrain
Paradise City

ENCORE:

Chinese Democracy
Madagascar
This I Love
Better
Catcher In The Rye

• Haha 1

the classics are beyond overplayed now DEEP CUTS ONLY with orig 5 and Axl actually pulls off his AXLDC voice 

PTU 

You could be mine 

14 Years 

Reckless Life 

Mama Kin 

Back off Bitch 

Move to the City 

You're Crazy (acoustic) 

Nice Boys 

Perfect Crime 

Dead Horse 

Dust N Bones 

Think about You 

Dead Flowers 

November Rain (acoustic) 

Breakdwon

Encore 

It's All Right 

Patience 

The Garden 

Yesterdays 

Locomotive 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

still petitioning for OTGM!! I do wonder if this song was causing too much vocal strain. The absence of it coencided with the weakening of Axl's vocals this year...but with him sounding better maybe it makes a return? Would be a nice addition in place of BHS which has run its course I think...however seeing it in NY it got a huge applause when it was played

19 minutes ago, Chunder Monkey said:

I'd maybe move something a bit rockier into the second half especially the encore. All stuff we like but there's a lot of ballads/slower numbers in a row towards the end.

Yap..after Coma it's a drag. Second half needs some help! 

They gotta fix the fucking encore. They literally have the worst encore in music. Why on earth is Guns N' Fuckin' Roses closing their shows with 4 slow songs in a row followed by a shit cover nobody cares about, likes or even knows. It's horseshit. Their encore is absolutely horrid. The set should look like this using Washington as a guide.  I took out all the bullshit covers that are not GnR staples and I eliminated CITR and Madagascar because nobody gives a fuck. This I Love was only allowed to stay cause Axl loves it and it's not ever gonna leave the set list I'm sure.  I'd have added Don't Damn Me but that's NEVER gonna happen so..... The setlist below is THE fucking setlist they should go with because it kicks major fucking ass. 

1. It's So Easy
2. Mr. Brownstone
3. Out Ta Get Me
4. Chinese Democracy
5. Double Talkin Jive
6. Don't Cry
7. Estranged
8. Better
9. Live and Let Die
10. You Could Be Mine
11. New Rose
12. Pretty Tied Up
13. This I Love
14. Civil War
15. Coma
16. The Godfather Theme / Sweet Child O' Mine
17. Rocket Queen
18. My Michelle
19. Wish You Were Here / Layla
20. November Rain

ENCORE:

21. Welcome to the Jungle
22. Nightrain
23. Patience
24. Knockin On Heaven's Door
25. Paradise City.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bono said:

They gotta fix the fucking encore. They literally have the worst encore in music. Why on earth is Guns N' Fuckin' Roses closing their shows with 4 slow songs in a row followed by a shit cover nobody cares about, likes or even knows. It's horseshit. Their encore is absolutely horrid. The set should look like this using Washington as a guide.  I took out all the bullshit covers that are not GnR staples and I eliminated CITR and Madagascar because nobody gives a fuck. This I Love was only allowed to stay cause Axl loves it and it's not ever gonna leave the set list I'm sure.  I'd have added Don't Damn Me but that's NEVER gonna happen so..... The setlist below is THE fucking setlist they should go with because it kicks major fucking ass. 

1. It's So Easy
2. Mr. Brownstone
3. Out Ta Get Me
4. Chinese Democracy
5. Double Talkin Jive
6. Don't Cry
7. Estranged
8. Better
9. Live and Let Die
10. You Could Be Mine
11. New Rose
12. Pretty Tied Up
13. This I Love
14. Civil War
15. Coma
16. The Godfather Theme / Sweet Child O' Mine
17. Rocket Queen
18. My Michelle
19. Wish You Were Here / Layla
20. November Rain

ENCORE:

21. Welcome to the Jungle
22. Nightrain
23. Patience
24. Knockin On Heaven's Door
25. Paradise City.

Dude I love your encore idea. Fantastic.

• Like 1