Setlist of the very first Guns N' Roses gig (03/26/1985)

I always wondered which songs were included at the very first GN'R gig. We know from Mark Center that these songs were played at the 06/06/1985 gig:

Reckless Life

Shadow of Your Love

Jumpin' Jack Flash

Think About You

Move to the City

Don't Cry

Nice Boys

Back Off Bitch

Anything Goes

Heartbreak Hotel

Is it possible that they already played Think About You, Move To The City and Anything Goes prior to June 1985?

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

New Hollywood Rose played 'Anything Goes'. That was the line-up that existed June - August 1984, featuring Axl, Slash, Adler and Steve Darrow . Rose also played Anything goes when he joined LA Guns c. October 1984. 

Considering the demo, recorded January 1984, is by the earlier incarnation of Hollywood Rose (Axl, Chris Weber, Izzy), and that they played a bunch of shows from January to April 1984, it seems reasonable to presume that Hollywood Rose played it also.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

New Hollywood Rose played 'Anything Goes'. That was the line-up that existed June - August 1984, featuring Axl, Slash, Adler and Steve Darrow . Rose also played Anything goes when he joined LA Guns c. October 1984. 

Considering the demo, recorded January 1984, is by the earlier incarnation of Hollywood Rose (Axl, Chris Weber, Izzy), and that they played a bunch of shows from January to April 1984, it seems reasonable to presume that Hollywood Rose played it also.

my memory may me wrong but if i remember correctly there was a bad quailty live recording of hollywood rose circulating a few years ago.

ok, i guess it was just the ~killing time~ track

copied and pasted below some accurate info from http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com.br/2008/12/hollywood-rose-demos.html

Here's a great breakdown of the Hollywood Rose stuff that's legit out there;

Rose/Hollywood Rose Songs:

Unknown ['Rose 1983 Demo Tape' CD] (Summer 2002):

My Way Your Way 4:51 - early 'Anything Goes'
Shadow Of Your Love 2:52 - not to be confused with B-Side or the two 'Live From The Jungle' versions
Wreckless 4:41 - early 'Reckless Life'
That Something (w/o Axl) 4:46 - aka 'Taxi Driver'

Johnny Kries Demo Tape Rip CD-R (Late Summer 2002):

My Way Your Way same as above
Shadow Of Your Love same as above
Wreckless same as above

Rick Mars 8-Track Versions CD (July 2003):

My Way Your Way same as above
Shadow Of Your Love same as above
Wreckless same as above
Rocker 3:33
Killing Time 3:25
Killing Time #2 1:09
That Something (with Axl) 5:26
Cold Hard Cash 4:22

dr_loaded [Metal-Sludge mp3s] (January 2006):

Killing Time (Live ??/??/??) 4:10 - unknown date & location
Rehearsal Tape (My Way, Your Way & Cold Hard Cash) 16:48 - unknown date

more info here =

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Derick said:

Too bad that basically we have nothing about this very first GNR show.

Even the band members gave no information in their interviews. Someone should ask Tracii or Izzy some questions about this gig. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

the only thing axl has left after this is to do a deep cuts tour with original 5 that is all pre 90 then he will make more money or else needs to release something new thats his only card other than axl dc - if he records with axldc and goes back to do a deep cuts tour i'd be ok with that and encore beings dust n bones, 14 years and pretty tied up 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

18 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

the only thing axl has left after this is to do a deep cuts tour with original 5 that is all pre 90 then he will make more money or else needs to release something new thats his only card other than axl dc - if he records with axldc and goes back to do a deep cuts tour i'd be ok with that and encore beings dust n bones, 14 years and pretty tied up 

axl will either never tour again or keep on touring with this bullshit band of yesmen forever

• 3 weeks later...

Setlist from the very first gig (incomplete):

Jumpin' Flash Back

Heartbreak Hotel

Shadow of Your Love

Think About You

Move To The City

Don't Cry

Anything Goes

Line-up: Axl, Tracii, Izzy, Duff, Rob

Source: Raz Cue - The Days of Guns, & Raz's, p. 202

Edited by Sosso
  • GNFNR 1

18 minutes ago, Derick said:

@Sosso Nice  man!!! But..Duff?

Ole was fired after the second rehearsal.

>>After that second practice, another rehearsal was set for a tentative „in a few days“. Ole neglected to tell anyone about his newest girlfriend, so when the next practice got scheduled, there was no way to get ahold of him. After three days of no one hearing from him, and rehearsal scheduled for the following evening, Izzy said “If Ole doesn't want to be in the band, there's a guy who lives across the street from me who will do the show.“<<

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

So Raz Cue says one thing and Marc Canter something else. Who are we to believe?

I would say Raz becauce Marc's first GN'R concert was with Slash in the band

Edited by Sosso

Even so, Marc does list the April 24 gig in his book, and lists Ole as the bass player for this gig. What is Marc's source for this? Also, the flyer for the March 26 gig depicts Ole. But I suppose the flyer was made before the gig. Both the flyers for the April 11 and April 24 gigs lack a picture of the bass player, so I suppose they either wasn't sure if Ole or Duff was going to be the permanent member.

Btw, who the hell is Raz Cue? :lol:

I wonder how Don't Cry sounded with Tracii on guitar while he was in the band. There are some cover versions from later years but they seem to replicate the album version 

Edited by Sosso