[Judas Priest] 'Firepower'

Silent Jay

British heavy metal legends JUDAS PRIEST will release their new studio album, "Firepower", in early 2018. The band will support the disc's release with a North American tour, which will kick off on March 13 in Pennsylvania, and wrap up on May 1 in Texas.

Rob Halford stated about the progress of the recording sessions for PRIEST's new disc: "We're almost done. We're in that final hurdle before we get to the finishing line. It is sounding monumental. It's gonna blow your socks off. We're thrilled. We've got this big metal monster looming in the background, about to drop early next year, with a world tour to coincide."

priest_jb_1_photoby_justin-borucki.jpg?i

Edited by Silent Jay
  • GNFNR 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

DP4DWjaUEAAJ59j.jpg

"Firepower" track listing:

01. Firepower
02. Lightning Strike
03. Evil Never Dies
04. Never The Heroes
05. Necromancer
06. Children of the Sun
07. Guardians
08. Rising From Ruins
09. Flame Thrower
10. Spectre
11. Traitors Gate
12. No Surrender
13. Lone Wolf
14. Sea Of Red

• Like 2

Sounds like a pretty normal Priest single, which is fine. Nothing too flashy, but that's okay. I just hope the album is a bit more adventurous. Production sounds a lot better than Redeemer and Halford even sounds better. Love the way he sounds here. So, I'm pretty excited to hear the rest.

EDIT: Actually, when I think about Priest's previous reunion singles (Revolution, Nostradamus, and Redeemer Of Souls), this song is so much better. It's still fairly plain overall, but it's so much more energized than their previous first choices.

Edited by Zeppelin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seen folk moaning and saying they'll be asking for refunds as Tipton isn't going to be touring. What are they supposed to do? He only came to the decision last Thursday after rehearsing with the band and realising that he physically wouldn't be able to tour.  

Hopefully more reasonable people will go to shows and get right behind the band and support the new record that Glenn worked on.