Rate: November Rain - First time Live, Indiana 1991

This is by far the very best live version that I know of the song in SDB quality.

Slash`s solos are truly great and very different from the studio version . Is he improving all the time? it definetely sounds like he is!

Izzy and Duff doing backing vocals make it far superior to every stupid Tracy-and-Roberta-and-Gilby and whoever-else-singing version

Its raw, its beautiful, it sounds like Guns n Roses and I fucking love it!

:headbang:

Maybe (hopefully) there is a better version from the 1991 tour with Izzy but -- as we all know -- it is not in circulation.

Yet

But I suppose we must not lose hope cause Paradise City may be just around the corner!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ludurigan said:

This is by far the very best live version that I know of the song in SDB quality.

Slash`s solos are truly great and very different from the studio version . Is he improving all the time? it definetely sounds like he is!

Izzy and Duff doing backing vocals make it far superior to every stupid Tracy-and-Roberta-and-Gilby and whoever-else-singing version

Maybe (hopefully) there is a better version from the 1991 tour with Izzy but -- as we all know -- it is not in circulation.

Yet

But I suppose we must not lose hope cause Paradise City may be just around the corner!

Ever heard Saint Lous 1991 version?

IMO, it's a better version and it's still raw...

16 hours ago, ludurigan said:

Yet

I think Slash was completely wasted in this show (as always) but he looks to be improvising those solos because the Indiana shows were in May and Illusions was only completed in early July of '91 iirc. Looks like he may have still been trying to nail down those final solos - that ending for the song is totally different from the studio version. 

• Like 1

Just now, RONIN said:

I think Slash was completely wasted in this show (as always) but he looks to be improvising those solos because the Indiana shows were in May and Illusions was only completed in early July of '91 iirc. Looks like he may have still been trying to nail down those final solos - that ending for the song is totally different from the studio version. 

yeah, seems exactly like that!

i love it and i prefer this Slash `unfinished` solo to the studio version

also this live version is 18 million times better than the stupid clean orchestra bullshit studio crap version hahahaha

• Like 1

I like it for the sake of curiosity, but I think this version in particular is still way into demo state, sounds a little too bland. 

They could've put some more effort on the arrangements from the whole band. Of course it wasnt in final state yet, but for me it even sounds a little amateur. 

Still great tho, first time played! Axl had a lot of guts. 

• Like 1

On 24/10/2017 at 2:12 AM, Silverburst80 said:

I imagine the crowd were stunned when Axl got up there and just starting tearing it up on the keys, of course no-one at that point would have had a clue he could play the piano.

if i was there i would scream NO NO NO, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING, STOP THIS PIANO CRAP, GET UP, LEAVE THAT SHIT OVER THERE, PLEASE STOP PLEASE! at the top of my lungs :rofl-lol:

20 hours ago, shjtjustgotreal said:

still waiting for uncle to bust out deez rasp on one of the upcoming shows :D:D 

still waiting uncle to fire the aliens and give izzy and steven a phone call

On 10/24/2017 at 12:12 AM, Silverburst80 said:

I imagine the crowd were stunned when Axl got up there and just starting tearing it up on the keys, of course no-one at that point would have had a clue he could play the piano.

I think there is a very rare early video out there of him playing the keyboards during the Appetite tour.. It was probably just the synth during PC though.. Still not a piano

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think there is a very rare early video out there of him playing the keyboards during the Appetite tour.. It was probably just the synth during PC though.. Still not a piano

Of course real GNR nerds would have known he played the synth at the start of Paradise City and the outro piano on One In A Million as well...then again my 5 yr old son could play that, NR obviously abit next level stuff. Different times i guess alot of this info you'd have to really do your research back then.

Edited by Silverburst80