The MYGNRFORUM Make a Connection Song Challenge

BlueJean Baby

Day 7 - song connection Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Ok, something I doubt anyone has ever heard of before. My old friend, Ean Evans, who was bass player for Skynyrd until his death in 2008 in a collaboration with Bobby Capps from 38 Special, which they called Evanscapps, and an album was released.

Edited by BlueJean Baby
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

17 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Day 7 - song connection Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Ok, something I doubt anyone has ever heard of before. My old friend, Ean Evans, who was bass player for Skynyrd until his death in 2008 in a collaboration with Bobby Capps from 38 Special, which they called Evanscapps, and an album was released.

Nice connection and pretty good song, I enjoyed that. I must've seen your friend one time, I saw Skynyrd in like 04 or 05.

• Like 1

Day 7. Donnie Van Zant (38 Special) was Ronnie Van Zant's (Skynyrd) little brother.

Spoiler

Van Zant: Donnie Van Zant and the other little brother Johnny, who also took on vocal duties for the reformed version of Skynyrd.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

9 hours ago, J Dog said:

Not only does Cube kill it on that song, but that's one of the greatest g-funk beats ever. West Coast at it's absolute best.

Agree, really love Cube and this is my all time favorite rap period, this real west coast flavor which I would include NWA, Eazy's solo work , Cube, Pac, Warren G, nate, snoop, I even like Dre's beats from chronic but he is not an MC of this caliber . I do like Wu , especially Gza , and some of the old school east coast beats , but west coast has always had it on lock down.  

Lethal inj & b-sides and bootlegs are masterpieces

• Like 1