what's up with all these sex scandals?

action

that hollywood douchebag whose name escapes me, the british parliament, the church, kevin spacey...

not that i particularily follow the news, but all the reports managed to get my attention

why can't they just get a partner and keep it with one person, in mututal respect? or am i just a boring old fart now?

Edited by action

21 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

You're one of the people on here I feel I'd be friends with irl so I hope this doesn't come off as super aggressive but I think that pun is incredibly stupid and bad taste.

I don't know though man, they're mentally unhinged deviant predators, it's what they do.

That's upsetting about Kevin Spacey, I hadn't heard that. I was very pleased when in American Beauty he snapped out of his fantasy and went into parent mode and didn't do anything sexual with that girl. Life isn't like that I guess and it's everywhere and sometimes seems inescapable.

you're right, it's bad taste. wanted to lighten up the topic, came off the wrong way. i'll edit it away.

these sex scandals are everywhere. i even forgot to mention the BBC. what was that all about.

usually predators are "lone hunters" but it seems this goes deeper and seems quite disturbingly widespread. you hear these conspiracy stories from time to time, and you keep cool headed and say it wont be that bad, but reality is sometimes worse.

Church and Parliment have always been on the job, thats nothing new.  Same with hollywood.

And theres been rumours about Spacey being a wrong un since back in the day, some old rumour about night time strolls in Hyde Park if I recall.

Its all part of the game, they’ll kick up a stink, get all puritanical and holier than thou for about 18 months then everybody’ll be back on it.

• Like 1

You just wait til they start looking back on hip hop in 30 years, then you'll see about some sex scandals.  It occurs to me that like, whats the difference between a victim and someone like, I dunno, Karine Steffans aka Superhead or Cardi B or that little fat looking one whoose name escapes me that dealt with the Kardashian brother...the difference is they kinda used the situation to their advantage.  And hey, good for them. 

Its kinda ironic actually, all these scandals goin' on and Cardi's top of the charts.  'I don't dance now, i make moneyyyyyy moves'.  'Dance', yeah, right, course darlin' :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

I think I've concluded that this isn't an institutional problem- it's a problem with men  people. 

If we consider the BBC/Hollywood/Parliament etc. to be exceptionally small groups of people, some of whom happen to be high-profile, then we're going to hear about it. But I've a feeling that proportionally, the same number of Joe Bloggs (who don't have reputations to protect). If they get prosecuted, the local newspaper might run a story on them, their names will pop up on some paedo hunters websites etc. but the news isn't going to spread much further than that, because nobody wants to be associated with criminals. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

I think I've concluded that this isn't an institutional problem- it's a problem with men  people. 

If we consider the BBC/Hollywood/Parliament etc. to be exceptionally small groups of people, some of whom happen to be high-profile, then we're going to hear about it. But I've a feeling that proportionally, the same number of Joe Bloggs (who don't have reputations to protect). If they get prosecuted, the local newspaper might run a story on them, their names will pop up on some paedo hunters websites etc. but the news isn't going to spread much further than that, because nobody wants to be associated with criminals. 

i would actually be "relieved" if that was the case (namely, that it's individual perverts and it stops there). because then, the problem seems "manageable".

of course there are perverts, rapists and the likes. The Joe Doe's you're talking about. and they get arrested, jailed, and that's that.

but in the case of the BBC, it's a "phenomnenon" that's continued for years. and i'm not even going to open the can of worms  of the catholic church.

suddenly, it become a lot more than jailing individual offenders. it's a bit like cleaning a trash can -  there will always be more flies regardless. the trash can attracts flies, it benefits flies, it feeds the flies. hollywood, the church, the BBC: those are the trash cans.

how are we to solve this widespread  network of sexual offenders? the answer is simple: we won't. their cronies and helpers are everywhere. and it sickens me to death.

As has been said above, I dont think its about sexual yearnings as much as its about being predators.  They seek power.  Some smaller sub group even seek to cause the lasting damage.  All the more capable and intelligent lone wolves are drawn to institutions and hierarchies as they have instincts telling them thats where they can operate best.  

I'm saddened also that people like Corey Feldman has been talking about pedophilia rings in hollywood for years now and was largely met with indifference or mockery.  And now, even with Terry Crews, Rob Schneider, and the star trek guy coming forward; its larelgy being framed as 'women (adult women) are speaking out about abuse in holiwood for the first time.'  Its not all women perpetuating this myth, and actually women on this forum are frequently intentional about not limiting these types of topics and issues to only a discussion about womens victimization - which I think is really cool.  But broader 3rd wave social media feminism is disgusting me with its selective denial, throwing other victims and/or survivors under the bus by branding this as their very own, narrow, campaign.  Never has it been said: "How dare Clooney not make a statement on Corey Feldmans abuse?"  Not to mention Barbara Walters attacking Feldman, to his face, on TV for coming forward.

Much of what we do in this human endeavour is we suffer one another.  And sometimes thats to horrible extremes.  For some, suffering is most of their experience on this planet.  We gotta do much better as a collective.

• Like 2

Wanting money to make movies is part of what has kept 100% of the victims on this topic from coming forward.  Why pick on just one of them for it?

And Feldman only started to plan a documentary recently, since his approach hasn't been successful for all these years.

Edited by soon

This is such a huge can of worms and I just think it's time everyone else stopped sticking their oar in to be honest. The only person who has the right to be mad at Kevin Spacey is the alleged victim and the only people who have the right to judge him are a potential jury if it makes it that far. It's starting to feel a bit tiresome watching the media/public continually getting up on their soapbox time and time again, casting aspersions and effectively hanging the supposed perpetrator out to dry the second any allegation surfaces.

It's almost become like a sport, someone being named as a sexual abuser and then everyone lining up to throw stones. Whilst making a sexual advance towards a 14 year old is abhorrent, when a drunken, inappropriate fumble at a party starts being lumped in the same category as a calculated predator who grooms their victim and then commits a heinous act against somebody's will, you're really dangerously blurring the lines and doing no favours to actual victims of serious sexual assault.

You have to question, what is a 14 year old even doing at a party with drunk-ass grown men? A lot of the post-Weinstein accusers have a whiff of something foul about them. I'm not excusing Weinsteins behaviour, the guy sounds like a creep and deserved everything he got. But what did some of these actresses think would happen when they were invited "up to his room" to discuss movie roles? When did women become such wilting flowers? They could've just said "fuck off, I have some self-respect and don't want the role that bad." But it wouldn't surprise me one jot if some of these women got what they wanted out of it and are now crying foul, and I'm sorry, but I'll save my sympathy for the victims who didn't deliberately pimp themselves out to further their career.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, soon said:

Wanting money to make movies is part of what has kept 100% of the victims on this topic from coming forward.  Why pick on just one of them for it?

And Feldman only started to plan a documentary recently, since his approach hasn't been successful for all these years.

What I’m saying is hes after the money here, if he knows something why not just stick it out on youtube?  Why does he require 10 mill on crowdfund first?

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

What I’m saying is hes after the money here, if he knows something why not just stick it out on youtube?  Why does he require 10 mill on crowdfund first?

I cant speak for him.  But he has been coming forward to his personal and professional detriment for a number of years now with out seeking to fund a doc.  He might think a well produced doc would be more digestible for a mass audience?  He's tried the youtube route to no success - film is his world, its what he does so using that voice makes sense to me personally.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

While I think asking for money to make a movie about it is a bit tacky, I understand asking for money to pay for protection for his family. The guy has been hinting at the existence of a pedophile ring in Hollywood, pretty disturbing stuff ( other former child actors like Elijah Wood and former FBI agents have hinted at the same thing ).

I believe the kind of people involved in these circles wouldn't mind going the extra mile to shut him and his family up  so I get where he is coming from.

• Like 1

Our government here's been involved in things like this for decades if not centuries. Forget the current sex for an internship/groping in modern day Parliament, it was pedophile rings in the 1970's that former Tory PMs (probably Labor ones too), seemed okay with. It was probably going on in the 13th century too, not sure why it's much of a surprise if it still goes on today.

The world hasn't progressed that much, just better technology. 

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

This is such a huge can of worms and I just think it's time everyone else stopped sticking their oar in to be honest. The only person who has the right to be mad at Kevin Spacey is the alleged victim and the only people who have the right to judge him are a potential jury if it makes it that far. It's starting to feel a bit tiresome watching the media/public continually getting up on their soapbox time and time again, casting aspersions and effectively hanging the supposed perpetrator out to dry the second any allegation surfaces.

It's almost become like a sport, someone being named as a sexual abuser and then everyone lining up to throw stones. Whilst making a sexual advance towards a 14 year old is abhorrent, when a drunken, inappropriate fumble at a party starts being lumped in the same category as a calculated predator who grooms their victim and then commits a heinous act against somebody's will, you're really dangerously blurring the lines and doing no favours to actual victims of serious sexual assault.

Absolutely agree. Thank you.

1 hour ago, soon said:

I cant speak for him.  But he has been coming forward to his personal and professional detriment for a number of years now with out seeking to fund a doc.  He might think a well produced doc would be more digestible for a mass audience?  He's tried the youtube route to no success - film is his world, its what he does so using that voice makes sense to me personally.  

Hes goin on about ‘people are tryna kill me’ and ‘two trucks came at me at once tryna kill me’...surely if your lifes THAT badly in danger, by the way this is as of just a few days ago, surely you’d wanna get the info out there ASAP?

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Hes goin on about ‘people are tryna kill me’ and ‘two trucks came at me at once tryna kill me’...surely if your lifes THAT badly in danger, by the way this is as of just a few days ago, surely you’d wanna get the info out there ASAP?

All either of us can do is guess, but for me not understanding a motive doesnt make me cast any doubt or negativity on it.  I cant begin to put myself in his shoes.  Hopefully he's already produced an affidavit (or whatever would be the thing) with a lawyer incase he's killed. 

6 minutes ago, soon said:

All either of us can do is guess, but for me not understanding a motive doesnt make me cast any doubt or negativity on it.  I cant begin to put myself in his shoes.  Hopefully he's already produced an affidavit (or whatever would be the thing) with a lawyer incase he's killed. 

The way i look at it is all these guys are fuckin' sharks.  Hollywood in general.  They exploit things.  This is why I ain't never surprised when this shit comes out, its been damn near a stereotype anyway since forever.  But it don't stop at just the fuckin' big wig studio execs or whatever, everyones out for a fuckin' free lunch off of this shit, thats the way I look at it.  The worlds a fuckin' ugly place and all these fuckin' guys do is look at any situation and see how they can exploit it, this is the so called fuckin' victims of shit as well as the sick fuckers that abuse these situations.  These motherfuckers call their publicists for an estimate on their coming out with shit.

As you say its all guesswork end of the day but thats my general feeling about that shit.  I love hollywood in terms of a lot of the work it has produced but I have no illusions about the kinda shit that goes on there in terms of exploitation and mutual exploitation and the way people are used and abused, its all part of the ticket.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there are no innocent victims of shit cuz there are but by and large you can see through these fuckers like anything.  The only people that are ever shocked by this shit are the fuckin' middle classes, the people who all this salacious expose shit is aimed at, anyone thats got a bit of nouse can smell these fuckin' scumbags a mile off.  I don't know much about much and I'm not the brightest kid in the world but what i like to think i do have is an inate ability, through common sense and experience, to tell a scam when I see one and thats what a lot of this shit is.

All these phoney fuckin' statements comin' out from all and sundry, I don't buy any of it, these people don't give a fuck, everyones out for themselves.

1 hour ago, The Glow Inc. said:

While I think asking for money to make a movie about it is a bit tacky, I understand asking for money to pay for protection for his family. The guy has been hinting at the existence of a pedophile ring in Hollywood, pretty disturbing stuff ( other former child actors like Elijah Wood and former FBI agents have hinted at the same thing ).

I believe the kind of people involved in these circles wouldn't mind going the extra mile to shut him and his family up  so I get where he is coming from.

I don't doubt that there is more than likely some kinda set up where a bunch of rich old pervos get their rocks off with the fresh meat...I didn't know there'd ever been any doubt about that shit, I pretty much took that as read, what I'm saying is if you got some shit to say then come out with it, especially if its that far gone that 'two trucks came speeding at me at the same time' (Jesus, at least TRY when you're lying, this ain't Scooby Doo :lol: ) then come out with it, don't go 'oh i need 10 mil first...for a 'documentary'...it's like 'whatever'.  Did the people that came out with some shit and sunk Weinstein need a documentary?  Come on man.

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

The way i look at it is all these guys are fuckin' sharks.  Hollywood in general.  They exploit things.  This is why I ain't never surprised when this shit comes out, its been damn near a stereotype anyway since forever.  But it don't stop at just the fuckin' big wig studio execs or whatever, everyones out for a fuckin' free lunch off of this shit, thats the way I look at it.  The worlds a fuckin' ugly place and all these fuckin' guys do is look at any situation and see how they can exploit it, this is the so called fuckin' victims of shit as well as the sick fuckers that abuse these situations.  These motherfuckers call their publicists for an estimate on their coming out with shit.

As you say its all guesswork end of the day but thats my general feeling about that shit.  I love hollywood in terms of a lot of the work it has produced but I have no illusions about the kinda shit that goes on there in terms of exploitation and mutual exploitation and the way people are used and abused, its all part of the ticket.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there are no innocent victims of shit cuz there are but by and large you can see through these fuckers like anything.  The only people that are ever shocked by this shit are the fuckin' middle classes, the people who all this salacious expose shit is aimed at, anyone thats got a bit of nouse can smell these fuckin' scumbags a mile off.  I don't know much about much and I'm not the brightest kid in the world but what i like to think i do have is an inate ability, through common sense and experience, to tell a scam when I see one and thats what a lot of this shit is.

All these phoney fuckin' statements comin' out from all and sundry, I don't buy any of it, these people don't give a fuck, everyones out for themselves.

Yeah, Im sadly not surprised either.  He entered the industry at age 3 so he didn't see it coming and enter the game.  I also agree that the exploitation in Hollywood is plain to see so he must understand that his parent(s) should've known and protected him.  Must be very painful and disorienting.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Apparently somebody from Corrie has assaulted a woman. 

Thats just standard :lol:  All them Northern soaps, they've always employed wrong uns...like your mate Jimmy Corkhill :lol:  Scouser I know but close enough.  Like Alf Garnett said scousers, the worst kind of geordie :lol:

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Thats just standard :lol:  All them Northern soaps, they've always employed wrong uns...like your mate Jimmy Corkhill :lol:  Scouser I know but close enough.  Like Alf Garnett said scousers, the worst kind of geordie :lol:

Seems an apt moment to produce Kevin Webster's constipated face,

Kevin-Webster.jpg

Poundland De Nero.