Help finding this jacket

Fashionista

37 minutes ago, Fashionista said:

I've always liked this jacket Axl used to wear. I'd really like to find either the same jacket, or one very much like it. Can anyone tell me what style it is? What brand it may have been? What sort of material it looks like?
D7NYlKV.jpg

K1XpxrW.jpg

YvnOJhF.jpg

Bqxk4UN.jpg

Head to a thrift shop and I'll ask my mother if she is willing to part with a pair of her shoulder pads😂

Seriously though, you can locate something quite similar on eBay, key in 1980s , everyone in the states owned one of those then, bound to be some floating about. 

2 hours ago, Pishy said:

Head to a thrift shop and I'll ask my mother if she is willing to part with a pair of her shoulder pads😂

Seriously though, you can locate something quite similar on eBay, key in 1980s , everyone in the states owned one of those then, bound to be some floating about. 

This pics are  90s ,not 80s.

28 minutes ago, Ratam said:

This pics are  90s ,not 80s.

Axl may be in the 90s but his jacket lives in the 80s😂

I guess it straddles both decades, people were not wearing these by the mid 90s though, that I recall anyways.  His jacket looks perhaps custom and I'm sure expensive. 

Actually I take that back, it appears standard not custom. Looks he has a overnight maxi pad protruding from the front shoulder 🤣 

Edited by Pishy
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pishy said:

Axl may be in the 90s but his jacket lives in the 80s😂

I guess it straddles both decades, people were not wearing these by the mid 90s though, that I recall anyways.  His jacket looks perhaps custom and I'm sure expensive. 

Ok,understand,maybe Axl wearing a jacket outdated in these time,thanks ☺

@Ratam maybe not, it was just very popular to have something like that during 80s/early 90s.  Honestly the OP should just try Wilsons, it may be a little updated but they serve a standard fare there and she/he can find something similar. Or go vintage online or check stores. NYC has a lot of vintage but it's outrageous , an old tube sock with holes will set you back $200. 

i like these 2 jackets but the one on the left is iconic Rose so that would be too poseur, the one on the right if faux , would be cool, I might even try the whole outfit minus the silly part...can't pull off that hat 😂

IMG_9967.JPG

5 minutes ago, Pishy said:

@Ratam maybe not, it was just very popular to have something like that during 80s/early 90s.  Honestly the OP should just try Wilsons, it may be a little updated but they serve a standard fare there and she/he can find something similar. Or go vintage online or check stores. NYC has a lot of vintage but it's outrageous , an old tube sock with holes will set you back $200. 

i like these 2 jackets but the one on the left is iconic Rose so that would be too poseur, the one on the right if faux , would be cool, I might even try the whole outfit minus the silly part...can't pull off that hat 😂

IMG_9967.JPG

Vintage,maybe is more expensive what fashion.

@Ratam it is! The quality tends to be better but I think many stores take advantage of the times when it becomes trendy to go vintage and will try to sell you an old shoe from the alley for hundreds. 

We can all just split a pack of Axl's white underwear :rofl-lol:

2 minutes ago, Pishy said:

@Ratam it is! The quality tends to be better but I think many stores take advantage of the times when it becomes trendy to go vintage and will try to sell you an old shoe from the alley for hundreds. 

We can all just split a pack of Axl's white underwear :rofl-lol:

Yes this is in everywhere, the "fashion" of vintage ,Axl now not change his clothes as in 90s,he wear always same.😆

That aint a bomber jacket, its a 3/4 length coat.  Pretty standard design and not hard to find in most decent leather shops.  Thing is unless you're a cool fucker like Axl Rose its just gonna look average, bit of an old gits coat really.  A word to the wise, don't copy the stuff rock stars wear, it only looks cool on them cuz they're cool.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

That aint a bomber jacket, its a 3/4 length coat.  Pretty standard design and not hard to find in most decent leather shops.  Thing is unless you're a cool fucker like Axl Rose its just gonna look average, bit of an old gits coat really.  A word to the wise, don't copy the stuff rock stars wear, it only looks cool on them cuz they're cool.

Excuse me fashionista . I can hardly make out what is in my closet much less what Axl wore 30 years ago. 

It has the same dated color, collar and feel. It is drab and I never liked it then either. 

And speak for yourself, a lot of us can pull off those white underwear .

56 minutes ago, Pishy said:

Excuse me fashionista . I can hardly make out what is in my closet much less what Axl wore 30 years ago. 

It has the same dated color, collar and feel. It is drab and I never liked it then either. 

And speak for yourself, a lot of us can pull off those white underwear .

You’re excused :lol:  Bomber jackets are like aviator jackets, 3/4 length coats are coats as opposed to jackets and are thusly named because, our survey says, are 3/4 of the length of a full sized thingie.  Bomber jackets come down to your hips like jackets generally do that ain’t you wearing one too big for ya.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

You’re excused :lol:  Bomber jackets are like aviator jackets, 3/4 length coats are coats as opposed to jackets and are thusly named because, our survey says, are 3/4 of the length of a full sized thingie.  Bomber jackets come down to your hips like jackets generally do that ain’t you wearing one too big for ya.

It's that same awful color and texture of the bomber though, same smell if you will. But yes, his jacket has clean lines akin to a blazer, and is minus the elastic and plus maxi pads. 

1 hour ago, Pishy said:

It's that same awful color and texture of the bomber though, same smell if you will. But yes, his jacket has clean lines akin to a blazer, and is minus the elastic and plus maxi pads. 

That one, if I'm not mistaken, is made a suedey kinda leather, might be wrong.  A mildly suedey waxy kind.  

Edited by Len Cnut

13 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

That one, if I'm not mistaken, is made a suedey kinda leather, might be wrong.  A mildly suedey waxy kind.  

It is exactly that, me no like :( and so were those 80/90s bombers, that weird material. I'm not talking Tom Cruise bomber , the mass produced ones.

i feel bad for the OP, we have shredded this jacket, and the ability to wear it, to death. She/he probably just purchased a members only number and closed her acct.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...