Steven Adler Tells Drug Stories + Playing Stadiums With Guns N’ Roses + Axl Crying Over OD

http://loudwire.com/steven-adler-drug-stories-guns-n-roses-better-than-heroin/

Guns N’ Roses legend Steven Adler made his presence known with a wild appearance onstage at the 2017 Loudwire Music Awards, but he kept it going backstage. During our interview with Adler at the PRS Backstage Artist Lounge, the drummer told drug stories, described how fans can contribute to his next book and how playing stadiums with Guns N’ Roses is better than heroin.

During Guns N’ Roses’ historic “Not in This Lifetime” tour, Adler surprised fans in Cincinnati, Nashville and Los Angeles last year by jamming “Out Ta Get Me” and “My Michelle” with his former bandmates. “It was a dream come true to be able to play for so many people and get that kind of love,” Adler says. “You get love in a club, but in a stadium when you’ve got 100,000 screaming your name, that’s a high you can just never come off of … It’s worse than heroin. It’s better and worse at the same time. [laughs]”

Adler is seeking stories for a new memoir, The S—t My Friends Remember I Did. One newly uncovered tale stars Adler, John 5 and Lars Ulrich as the three were driving to Arizona for a Metallica show. Adler recalls doing cocaine with Ulrich the entire ride and John 5 accidentally knocking over Metallica’s gigantic “Doris” statue at the gig.

Steven also told us an old Guns N’ Roses story. After being drugged with “brown powder” by a stripper, Adler awoke in the hospital with “charcoal coming out of every hole in my body.” He looked over to see Axl Rose holding his hand, with the vocalist crying because he thought Adler was dying.

There’s always plenty of stories when you talk to Steven Adler! So check out our exclusive interview with the drummer above

5 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Oh man, I hope Steven doesn't run his mouth again too badly.

During the press tour for his mother's book, he tried his damnedest to burn every bridge he could with GNR, if I recall correctly...

Steven again,again,again....😫

• GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Oh man, I hope Steven doesn't run his mouth again too badly.

During the press tour for his mother's book, he tried his damnedest to burn every bridge he could with GNR, if I recall correctly...

At least in this case he was saying something good about Axl.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

At least in this case he was saying something good about Axl.

that would depend, does Axl likes having people talking about private events of his life? I mean there's nothing wrong with him saying this but I can see how Axl may take it as "this guy can´t stop talking about me and my band"

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

Axl cried?

Wow... why does he have such a different opinion of Adler these days then?

The Erin incident, lawsuits and a big mouth are a good way to get on anyones bad side, plus being a mess doesn't help him either.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Axl cried?

Wow... why does he have such a different opinion of Adler these days then?

Allegedly.  This is all according to Steven.  Steven is digging up (alleged) incidents from 30 years ago.  This after his brain is 1/4 fried out.   Take what he says with a grain of salt I’d say.  *and I love Steven, but let’s be honest, he’s in a different world.  Though he can still drum the Guns songs better than anyone. 

Edited by Original
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Original said:

Allegedly.  This is all according to Steven.  Steven is digging up (alleged) incidents from 30 years ago.  This after his brain is 1/4 fried out.   Take what he says with a grain of salt I’d say.  *and I love Steven, but let’s be honest, he’s in a different world.  Though he can still drum the Guns songs better than anyone. 

Adler told the same story in his autobiography (without the crying part, iirc). He said he had been told by the nurse that Axl was by his bed all the time while he was in a coma.

36 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Adler told the same story in his autobiography (without the crying part, iirc). He said he had been told by the nurse that Axl was by his bed all the time while he was in a coma.

Yes@Blackstar and toi with Duff

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, the crying part I find difficult to believe and Steven is prone to hyperbole.  Also, Axl's somewhat callous reaction to Slash's OD was something along the lines of 'You sure gave us a scare - thought I was going to have to find a new guitarist,' doesn't lead me to believe he'd be in tears over Steven. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Yeah, the crying part I find difficult to believe and Steven is prone to hyperbole.  Also, Axl's somewhat callous reaction to Slash's OD was something along the lines of 'You sure gave us a scare - thought I was going to have to find a new guitarist,' doesn't lead me to believe he'd be in tears over Steven. 

Maybe because Steven's OD happened at a time when they had lost friends from heroin, Todd Crew most notably, Axl reacted emotionally.

About Slash's OD, there is word that Axl was really scared on the thought Slash had died, despite of what he said the other day.

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Maybe because Steven's OD happened at a time when they had lost friends from heroin, Todd Crew most notably, Axl reacted emotionally.

About Slash's OD, there is word that Axl was really scared on the thought Slash had died, despite of what he said the other day.

Good point about Tod Crew.  Possibly I'm being harsh on Axl...it's hard to know when to believe these guys as they changed their accounts of various things over the yeas. I've wondered before if Axl's remark to Slash was designed to kick his ass as it were, because it did have that effect according to Slash, at least briefly.  

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 1

Theres been lots of talk about how good he looks lately.  I thought so too.  But here he's looking rough, imo.  That mixed with this terrible idea for a book (read: money making enterprise) makes me very concerned for him.  Not sure what I think about the weed as far as a marker for substance abuse.

But seriously this book.  Whenever he talks about it he offers an apology to women and asks them to take it easy on him.  That is its own terrible.  But pragmatically: Does he have zero idea whats making headlines lately?  But by the time he's destroyed online (which would be well earned no doubt) the business people will already have their cut of the loot.

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

His joke, if that's what it was, about smoking a joint in bed certainly wouldn't do him anyt favours with the GNR camp either.  I wonder if that goes some way in explaining his current exclusion? 

And you think  Axl not smoking joint? Came on...😎

26 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Is not about the joint in and of itself, it's about having a guy that has drugs issues and alcohol issues doing anything that might compromise the biggest tour in GN'R's career since the nineties. If Steven was more like Slash during his darker periods (drunk as fuck but still reliable) no one would care what he puts into his body, but as he's proven over and over again he just can't be trusted. I mean they all did drugs to their own levels but they were also functional enough. Steven on the other hand is not.

34 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I think it's different with Axl.  Firstly, he's not around them much outside of shows, as we've all noticed.  Secondly, psychologically, Axl having a drink/smoking a cigar/joint every now and then would give off a different vibe than Steven doing that.  Those guys know Axl isn't an addict and poses no threat.  But Steven, if he isn't 100% clean and sober, might upset things.  In any case it doesn't send out a good message if he's joking around about drugs when Duff is a total health nut now and Slash is into coffee. lol

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

6 minutes ago, AlterL said:

Is not about the joint in and of itself, it's about having a guy that has drugs issues and alcohol issues doing anything that might compromise the biggest tour in GN'R's career since the nineties. If Steven was more like Slash during his darker periods (drunk as fuck but still reliable) no one would care what he puts into his body, but as he's proven over and over again he just can't be trusted. I mean they all did drugs to their own levels but they were also functional enough. Steven on the other hand is not.

@AlterLi understand i refered  what  Axl smoking joint,maybe he not bother Steven make this,different hard drugs ,but yes in Steven is more dangerous.☺

I love the original line up as much as many of you do. But I am honestly fine with Adler sticking to guest appearances and things. I dont want him permanently back. I'd like them to find a new drummer (the guy from Slash's band is good) and stick with them. I also don't want Sorum back as I generally don't enjoy his style of drumming much and he is known to be quite an asshole. 

• Like 1