Steven Adler Tells Drug Stories + Playing Stadiums With Guns N’ Roses + Axl Crying Over OD

16 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I think it's different with Axl.  Firstly, he's not around them much outside of shows, as we've all noticed.  Secondly, psychologically, Axl having a drink/smoking a cigar/joint every now and then would give off a different vibe than Steven doing that.  Those guys know Axl isn't an addict and poses no threat.  But Steven, if he isn't 100% clean and sober, might upset things.  In any case it doesn't send out a good message if he's joking around about drugs when Duff is a total health nut now and Slash is into coffee. lol

Yes,agreed,in Steven all is more dangerous what someone other people.

something tells me, even if Steven magically became everything the threesome want him to be, he still wouldnt be part of the reunion.

i dont know what it is, and i stopped trying to understand. it's always something with the big three, if they want to find an issue with Steven, they will.

Steven, say whatever the hell you please man. even outside of the band, you bring danger to the GNR name. you're the last remaining ounce of rock n roll from the AFD 5

Edited by action
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, soon said:

Theres been lots of talk about how good he looks lately.  I thought so too.  But here he's looking rough, imo.  That mixed with this terrible idea for a book (read: money making enterprise) makes me very concerned for him.  Not sure what I think about the weed as far as a marker for substance abuse.

But seriously this book.  Whenever he talks about it he offers an apology to women and asks them to take it easy on him.  That is its own terrible.  But pragmatically: Does he have zero idea whats making headlines lately?  But by the time he's destroyed online (which would be well earned no doubt) the business people will already have their cut of the loot.

The pot is probably reason enough for sober Guns and their wives and kids to not have him around all the time. Too risky for a room full of recovering addicts. 

Might be as simple as being able to ignore the alcohol around but pot could directly influence craving for harder stuff 

8 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

The pot is probably reason enough for sober Guns and their wives and kids to not have him around all the time. Too risky for a room full of recovering addicts. 

Might be as simple as being able to ignore the alcohol around but pot could directly influence craving for harder stuff 

For sure, it could be a trigger for others.  I was just speaking to whether in Adler's case if talking about smoking weed could be seen as an indication that he isn't 'sober' in the larger sense.  Because that video makes me concerned that he's not.  I can imagine many reasons the others might not want hm around and that the weed would certainly be an issue - unless its medicinal and then Id hope they'd find and accommodation that works for every one.  

I was surprised to hear him talking about it no matter what.

23 hours ago, AlterL said:

Is not about the joint in and of itself, it's about having a guy that has drugs issues and alcohol issues doing anything that might compromise the biggest tour in GN'R's career since the nineties. If Steven was more like Slash during his darker periods (drunk as fuck but still reliable) no one would care what he puts into his body, but as he's proven over and over again he just can't be trusted. I mean they all did drugs to their own levels but they were also functional enough. Steven on the other hand is not.

I don't think reliability is an issue since he would be sharing drum duties with Frank anyway. If he falls off the wagon he goes to rehab and the tour rolls along. The fans attending these shows wouldn't bar an eye. 

I don't think it's bad blood between him and Axl either since Axl is a different person and has moved on and buried the hatchet. 

It's either Steven not being 100% off drugs completely or they fear what the road and tourlife will effect his sobriety. Maybe deep down they know he isn't as strongwilled and don't want to be responsible for him completely falling off the wagon again 

Edited by Top-Hatted One

4 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

I don't realizability is an issue since he would be sharing drum duties with Frank anyway. If he falls off the wagon he goes to rehab and the tour rolls along. The fans attending these shows wouldn't bar an eye. 

I don't think it's bad blood between him and Axl either since Axl is a different person and has moved on and buried the hatchet. 

It's either Steven not being 100% off drugs completely or they fear what the road and tourlife will effect his sobriety. Maybe deep down they know he isn't as strongwilled and don't want to be responsible for him completely falling off the wagon again 

But why add an "IF" when you can have a secure situation, plus the drama that you know would happen if he was fired again, why risk having to deal with the media, fans backlash and everything that comes from it just for this guy? Why would they do that to themselves, they already gave him a little something and look how he reacted. No one ever fucked Steven, Steven fucked himself, repeatedly.

• Sad 2

36 minutes ago, AlterL said:

But why add an "IF" when you can have a secure situation, plus the drama that you know would happen if he was fired again, why risk having to deal with the media, fans backlash and everything that comes from it just for this guy? Why would they do that to themselves, they already gave him a little something and look how he reacted. No one ever fucked Steven, Steven fucked himself, repeatedly.

Unfortunately you're right. Beside that they can’t rule out the possibility of finding him dead in a hotel room or a bus tour. Very dramatic? Yes, but it’s a real possibility. Indeed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derick said:

Unfortunately you're right. Beside that they can’t rule out the possibility of finding him dead in a hotel room or a bus tour. Very dramatic? Yes, but it’s a real possibility. Indeed.

Maybe the last word for Steven is more of promotors and not the band? 😑

58 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Maybe the last word for Steven is more of promotors and not the band? 😑

Maybe. They put a lot of money on this tour and It´s plausible that they want some guarantees..Unfortunately, w Adler there´s no guarantees. It´s not only about have Frank to cover him..I mean if he is in and something real bad happens, the tour is over.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2017 at 10:06 PM, MildlyArtistic said:

During the press tour for his mother's book, he tried his damnedest to burn every bridge he could with GNR, if I recall correctly...

He's not trying, it just happens naturally. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Houndfan said:

I just looked at the Steven Adler Stories site and it looks like all the comments have been removed. As of last night there had been 19 comments. A couple were interesting, but

the rest were either test comments or comments from trolls. 

It may be that it is deleting those comments already read and saved. Just to keep organized..

On Sunday, November 05, 2017 at 6:43 PM, Derick said:

Sadly that is another possibility, nothing personal against Steven but he's to much of a hazard and to little of a reward, I don't want to be mean but the two guys that were essential for this tour to happen are there (and I say this not being the biggest Slash fan of the forum) so of course they get some leeway going into this tour, but if anyone else starts causing troubles we can't expect them to throw everything away for them. At the end of the day I'm just glad that there's still a version of GN'R out there and even though this might not be my favorite lineup overall, they're still putting great shows for the public to see and hear.