Any rumours regarding 2018?!

Have we heard anything regarding the NITL tour for 2018 yet? I guess a lot of you guys are expecting them to do another european leg next year but have we heard any rumours yet? I remember last year there have been a lot of rumours regarding the european tour already in nov/oct and the dates have finally been announced mid dec if I remember correctly. So I guess if there would be any plans reagarding further touring we would have heard anything by now - or does the complete lack of rumours point to a year off for the band?

Axl seems to be moving towards his wrapping up of the tour mode. I say this without any for sure knowledge other than how big the setlist has became, the additions of CD songs, it seems similar to 14 in Vegas to me. He seems to be going after songs a little more now

Also the third night in NY he said “I’m not sure when we will see you guys again..we want to..just not sure when..but we want to. “

Not at all good reasons to say the tour is ending but I think with only 19 shows left and the end of the year approaching with no new announcements we are reaching the end. I’d be surprised if they trek back to Europe next year. I think they need a break. 

Likely everyone will cool down and start doing something creative with their “solo projects” I know people hate to hear that because it seems easy for them to do something as guns but these guys do everything backwards...next year will be interesting if for nothing other than we are sure to get some surprises 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Please remember to keep this on topic regarding GN'R. Anything AC/DC related should go in that section please, thanks.

That’s fair but I think in regards to Slash and Axl going to their “solo” stuff then it should be ok to reference that Axl’s side job is as far as we know AC/DC. So that remains a possibility for his future and in some context is in line with discussion as far as disputing GNR being active in 18.

however I agree if this turns into an Axl and Angus love fest thread then this discussion goes to shit

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, soon said:

The not capitalizing on Europe thing really nags at me though. Theres got to be some reason, right?  Either they will do it soon or theres a reason they wont.  Leaves me cautiously excited.

I know Axl had to tour Europe extensively in 06 and 10-14. He’s really wanted to do a big US tour for sometime. So I think that’s why he really focused on the NA market. 

He felt blocked after CD released in 08 and he fired that manager that had all the connections to the promoters in the US or some crap but regardless I have heard him talk about wanting to put together a true US tour so I would assume that’s the reason he’s not done anything big in Europe for the arenas. I think just fatigue and stress on the gnr equipment team was going to be too much. I think everyone needs a break. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I know Axl had to tour Europe extensively in 06 and 10-14. He’s really wanted to do a big US tour for sometime. So I think that’s why he really focused on the NA market. 

He felt blocked after CD released in 08 and he fired that manager that had all the connections to the promoters in the US or some crap but regardless I have heard him talk about wanting to put together a true US tour so I would assume that’s the reason he’s not done anything big in Europe for the arenas. I think just fatigue and stress on the gnr equipment team was going to be too much. I think everyone needs a break. 

Oh, that makes sense, thanks. I didnt know about him feeling blocked by promoters and wanting to do more NA work.  In that case I wonder why they didnt do a few more European shows while they were there though?

Edited by soon

I think the tour ends with this leg. If there were more Europe/Asia/Australia/NZ dates, they probably would have been announced already.

Also, Alter Bridge is wrapping up their tour which means we're probably going to get some new Slash music and hopefully a tour. I really miss SMKC

• Like 2

I think for now this is the end. It felt that way at the MSG show that  I went to. 

After 2 years, they need a break. They have done well and put themselves back on top!

Hopefully we'll hear of a new album in the latter part of 2018 or in 2019.  I can see them doing one more album, a tour, and then retiring the GNR brand. To me, that would bring closure to this band.  

Well, of course the tour is going to wrap up and they'll have a break.  I don't expect, nor do I want, any more touring from these guys until they have new music to showcase.  

I don't expect new music, but I certainly am holding out hope for it and I do think there's reason to be hopeful. 

To me, there are indications new music will happen.  Duff releasing new music just now while on tour, Myles saying recently that they've had to plan 3 years in advance due to GNR and acknowledging that GNR is a huge thing right now, the soundcheck jams from a few months ago and Meegan's cryptic insta comment that we'll 'have to wait to hear new music'.  Yes, that could be a throw away comment, but then it might not be.

I'm taking the lack of announcements of tour dates as an indication they've got something else cooking, or at least warming in the oven. :lol:

I think we’re going to get a lull year in 2018 similar to ‘15 or ‘03-‘05. The band is never too open about what’s next. I’d like to say there’s a possibility of new music but then I’d feel like I’d be lying to myself so I agree with others who say they’ll go back to their side projects.

Maybe they plan to take a break throughout all of early winter and spring 2018, before going back to Europe, Asia, and Oceania for the summer festival season? And then after that break again for a legit hiatus to focus on Axl/DC and SMKC? That would be the ideal imo, but who knows with gnr.