The real reason why I don't believe GNR will ever release another album

There is just no way new music would work with the current lineup.

Would Slash just roll over and be happy to let Axl call all the shots musically? Cuz there's no way Axl would be like Myles and record an entire album consisting of whatever riffs Slash comes up with, just adding some lyrics/melody lines on top.

Axl co-produced the entire Chinese Democracy album and he even edited and sliced up guitar solos to satisfy some kind of Frankenstein-esque vision he had for the songs. This is worlds away from how Slash operates and how the original band came up with songs. 

I really don't see Axl going back to a more traditional band-jamming approach, which is why I don't think it's likely we'll ever see a full Guns album from Axl/Slash ever again.

Edited by Towelie

6 minutes ago, Towelie said:

There is just no way new music would work with the current lineup.

Would Slash just roll over and be happy to let Axl call all the shots musically? Cuz there's no way Axl would be like Myles and record an entire album consisting of whatever riffs Slash comes up with, just adding some lyrics/melody lines on top.

Axl co-produced the entire Chinese Democracy album and he even edited and sliced up guitar solos to satisfy some kind of Frankenstein-esque vision he had for the songs. This is worlds away from how Slash operates and how the original band came up with songs. 

I really don't see Axl going back to a more traditional band-jamming approach, which is why I don't think it's likely we'll ever see a full Guns album from Axl/Slash ever again.

Axl has stated in the past that it was an effort to find the right guitarists to truly replace Slash. I genuinely think their is a good chance of the 3 of them sitting down, working out which material etc to work with now that everything regarding their relationship looks to be healed. I can't see him doing that to Slash's guitar work on whatever he records, without Slash agreeing to it, seen as how vocal Axl has been over the decades about how in awe he was/is of Slash's playing. 

In my personal opinion, I'd love to see an album of 14 songs. 7 or less newly composed by Axl, Slash and Duff with the rest of the band and the rest being filled with the best that has come out of the Chinese Democracy sessions featuring Bucket and Robin on lead. No chance of that happening, but at this stage, I'd love to see all of that material see the light of day.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dean said:

Axl has stated in the past that it was an effort to find the right guitarists to truly replace Slash. I genuinely think their is a good chance of the 3 of them sitting down, working out which material etc to work with now that everything regarding their relationship looks to be healed. I can't see him doing that to Slash's guitar work on whatever he records, without Slash agreeing to it, seen as how vocal Axl has been over the decades about how in awe he was/is of Slash's playing. 

In my personal opinion, I'd love to see an album of 14 songs. 7 or less newly composed by Axl, Slash and Duff with the rest of the band and the rest being filled with the best that has come out of the Chinese Democracy sessions featuring Bucket and Robin on lead. No chance of that happening, but at this stage, I'd love to see all of that material see the light of day.

I don't see Slash agreeing to being part of a GNR album that features Buckethead, Finck or Bumblefoot on lead guitar duties. It would be Slash being the one to go out and perform these songs live, so at the very least, I imagine he would expect to be playing lead on every track, including any CD-era music.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I don't know why fans are so sure that Axl would be up for this??

It seems more likely, IMO. Not only would he be working with someone he has admiration for, he wouldn't have the burden of crafting the album. It's not "his thing", whereas GNR is still very much his band so there's more craziness involved, for lack of a better word :lol:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, appetite4illusions said:

It's a monumental bummer to write this, but the only sure thing is that music WILL be released when Axl Rose passes on.

An ugly and perverse thought for a fan, but one you can put a handsome bet on.

As morbid as it is, that's been my thought for a little while now :/

12 minutes ago, maynard said:

With Axl on board, there's zero chance they will release anything. They might keep releasing stupid t-shirts for stupid fans to buy though.

Those latest t-shirts are ridiculous. I'm guessing we're in for more of that in 2018.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

As morbid as it is, that's been my thought for a little while now :/

Those latest t-shirts are ridiculous. I'm guessing we're in for more of that in 2018.

Are you guys really sure that even when that happens, stuff will come out?? Ask yourselves who will have that whole vault of material, and then picture them negotiating with a label and come to a conclusion?!

2 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I don't think there will be any new GNR music. I don't think Axl can write/create anymore. If he can still write then why has he not released anything since CD? Last release was 23rd November 2008!!!  

I'm surprised you don't know the answer to that question. ;)  He has something now he didn't have before.  I'll give you a hint: :slash:

The three just need one thing to make it work.  Metallica's coach from Some Kind of Monster:

1DSklMoh.jpg  He rocks hard 

dU6WFl4h.jpg  He contributes lyrics

XkYgz7Xl.jpg   He's cool AF

sbgV0nQh.jpg  Hes a good hang

Out of all the performance enhancing coaches in the world, this is one of em.'  Ladies and gentlemen, from San Fransisco; Phil, f'n Towle !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by soon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, soon said:

The three just need one thing to make it work:

1DSklMoh.jpg  He rocks hard 

dU6WFl4h.jpg  He contributes lyrics

XkYgz7Xl.jpg   He's cool AF

sbgV0nQh.jpg  Hes a good hang

Out of all the performance enhancing coaches in the world, this is one of em.'  Ladies and gentlemen, from San Fransisco; Phil, f'n Towle !!!!!!!!!!!!!

A good bang? What? Lol!

who is this guy? 

3 minutes ago, Pishy said:

A good bang? What? Lol!

who is this guy? 

hahaha!  Im not so sure about that part! He's the coach Metallica had in the documentary Some Kinda Monster.  He was a bit of a character in it.

Edited by soon

I don’t think Axl has written a good song in a while and likely doing us a favor by not releasing anything. 

However with Slash back I think he’s been impressed with Slash’s work in the concerts and likely not aware that Slash May have improved with age.

i think the two of them will be in the studio trying to come up with something by 2020...now if anything comes out is anyone’s guess but I’m pretty sure they will give it a try!

I still hold out hope that with Duff and Slash back that it will take a lot of pressure off Axl. Maybe now that he’s a little older and went thru all the CD experience, that it’s the chemistry that matters in the end. Maybe when they jammed on Wichita Lineman or something, and it’s all just stripped down, Axl could see that it ain’t all that complicated when you come right down to it. I still think they know what they can do and it will happen. 

• Like 4