Wolfenstein II

downzy

Any had a chance to play this yet?  Seems to be getting decent reviews and a far amount of hate from the alt-right.  Seems like my kind of game.

Interesting article/review on Vice magazine.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/vb3dnm/wolfenstein-ii-review-nazis

This is definitely one I'll add whenever I get around to buying a current gen system.  Likely won't be upgrading until next spring.  Still have a handful of Xbox 360 games and SNES to keep me busy.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, downzy said:

Any had a chance to play this yet?  Seems to be getting decent reviews and a far amount of hate from the alt-right.  Seems like my kind of game.

This is definitely one I'll add whenever I get around to buying a current gen system.  Likely won't be upgrading until next spring.  Still have a handful of Xbox 360 games and SNES to keep me busy.

The Xbox One and PS4 base models are getting fairly cheap since the pro versions are out. You should try to snag one for Black Friday- I’ve seen an Xbone going for 200 with a 25 gift card at Target.

Game looks good but don’t have a lot of interest since I haven’t played the first one.

On 11/6/2017 at 4:23 PM, downzy said:

I know a guy that can build you a gaming PC.  Far cheaper than buying one and better than a console! 

On 2017-11-07 at 1:16 AM, AxlRoseCDII said:

The Xbox One and PS4 base models are getting fairly cheap since the pro versions are out. You should try to snag one for Black Friday- I’ve seen an Xbone going for 200 with a 25 gift card at Target.

Game looks good but don’t have a lot of interest since I haven’t played the first one.

I'm holding out for the Xbox One X.  Will only be buying one system to play RDR2 and a few other games.  Other than the new Spider-Man game, Sony's exclusives don't really do much for me.  So I don't mind holding off until RDR 2 comes out and then hoping a lot of the games that are being released now can be had second hand or significantly cheaper.  I am excited for this one though.  

On 2017-11-07 at 6:45 PM, gunsguy said:

I know a guy that can build you a gaming PC.  Far cheaper than buying one and better than a console! 

Appreciate the offer but I'm lazy when it comes to gaming; I just want something I can turn on and be playing a game a few seconds later.  From the late 80s to early 90s I mostly played PC games but now I'm an old man and will likely only play the odd game here and there.  

Plus, from the reviews I've been reading the Xbox One X offers a lot of value when you factor in specs and the fact that it has a UHD Blu-Ray player.  

• GNFNR 2

On 11/8/2017 at 10:58 PM, downzy said:

Appreciate the offer but I'm lazy when it comes to gaming; I just want something I can turn on and be playing a game a few seconds later.  From the late 80s to early 90s I mostly played PC games but now I'm an old man and will likely only play the odd game here and there.  

Plus, from the reviews I've been reading the Xbox One X offers a lot of value when you factor in specs and the fact that it has a UHD Blu-Ray player.  

Well, most of time someone plays a PC game, their PC is already on (as is the nature of a multipurpose machine). And with a SSD, loading up a game in less than 30 seconds is absolutely possible; I do it almost every day. :P 

Even if my PC was off, I'd still confidently say from "off" to "in game" is less than 90 seconds. Would a console be a bit faster in this case? Could be, but not by a lot. 

I assume your comment was meant to be a bit hyperbolic, but I've taken it literally anyway in an effort to recruit into PC Master Race. Our Basic registration fee is around $1K, but you can become a VIP member starting around $2K. 

EDIT: Right, and regarding the topic. I've never played a Wolfenstein game, but I probably will pick this up when I'm done with AC/SoW.

Edited by OmarBradley

• 2 weeks later...

You can play the first level for free this weekend.  I played it last night and thought it was a good start.  I never played the first game from a couple of years ago (though I remember playing the original Wolfenstein on PC nearly over twenty five years ago), so the backstory of the sequel is a little lost on me.  

BTW, I finally broke down and bought an Xbox One S.  Paid $229 CDN for it.  I wanted the X, but for the little time I have to play video games it made little sense to pay nearly $500 more for a console.  

• 2 weeks later...

This one was a huge step back from TNO and TOB.  Lots of weird glitches etc that a powerhouse computer can muscle through, but even without the tech issues, the story was pretty weak.  The DLC is a real letdown because it's in the same levels you already played the main game in, you are just playing as a different character!

5 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

That's lame as fuck. I thought they were unique mini campaigns.

To clarify, they are "unique" in the sense that you are doing different things, so it's not just seeing different arms for your avatar, but it's the same locations, like the film studio or the sewers.  Instead of starting on the right side of the map and going left, you start on the left side and go right.. and you enter through like a trap door or some such.

It's still super lame imo, and a lazy DLC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Getting near the end of this one...  I've enjoyed the storyline for the most part.  It's very pulpy and over-the-top, but kind of what I expected.

It's been a long time since I played a FPS so either I'm just terrible at it or the game is very difficult.  I've been playing on the easiest setting and still getting smoked from time to time.

• 1 month later...

The second, and most recent DLC dropped last week, and it takes about 1 hour to complete!  at least 2 of the 3 levels are cut and paste from past gameplay.   They are really pooping the bed on the DLC  :/

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 6:19 AM, Oldest Goat said:

...hopefully all the DLC is included with the Switch version.

If it isn't, I would NOT recommend getting the DLC.  The 3rd installment would have to be an epic ass game to justify paying extra price.