European Festival & Stadium/Outdoor tour announced - NITL continues into 2018

5 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

YEEEEEESSSSSSSS! 

I have no idea how some people could really want SMKC to continue on the back of GN'R becoming one of the biggest bands in the world again. While i respect the crew as performers, i just found the project generic and Myles' voice uninteresting. In any case, this is good news for everyone. Those who like Myles can go and listen to his solo stuff and Alter Bridge. Slash is better contributing to Guns, who hopefully will get in the studio soon.

Well, how likely is it that we'll get new GNR music? I'd prefer it any day of the week over SMKC but chances of new music are way bigger with SMKC. That means in worst case Guns won't release anything, Myles'll tour his album and then AB will tour their new album at least till 2020. That's 6 years without new music at all. Another 3 years without new music!

In this case I'd prefer a new SMKC record over continuing the NITL tour

• Like 3

On 10.11.2017 at 3:39 PM, Kula2006 said:

Great news!!

As I don't want to travel to another country to see a shorter festival set and prefer watching them in other venues than football stadiums there aren't really mmuch choices left.

I guess this leaves Goffertpark and tallinn (the venue there looks amazing)

As it's still labeld as NITL tour I guess we can't expect any major changes to the setlist

Unless they'll release a new record and call it Not In This Lieftime :lol:

Considering I don't have to travel I'll see them in Gelsenkirchen.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

YEEEEEESSSSSSSS! 

I have no idea how some people could really want SMKC to continue on the back of GN'R becoming one of the biggest bands in the world again. While i respect the crew as performers, i just found the project generic and Myles' voice uninteresting. In any case, this is good news for everyone. Those who like Myles can go and listen to his solo stuff and Alter Bridge. Slash is better contributing to Guns, who hopefully will get in the studio soon.

I'd rather have The Conspirators anyday as they release albums regularly

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

France would be the 1 not too miss Paris this year was off the chsrt the French fans ROCK THR FUCK OUT its my bday im away its the 1 id go too if i could cheap flights with EasyJet as well

Gothenburg could  be the last EU show as it stands great Stadium Ryanair from STN should be cheap flights as well

That Slaski Stadium in Poland looks fcuking awsume its brand new as in total re ferb 

Edited by Gavin82

29 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

France would be the 1 not too miss Paris this year was off the chsrt the French fans ROCK THR FUCK OUT its my bday im away its the 1 id go too if i could cheap flights with EasyJet as well

Gothenburg could  be the last EU show as it stands great Stadium Ryanair from STN should be cheap flights as well

That Slaski Stadium in Poland looks fcuking awsume its brand new as in total re ferb 

Or wait for Download day tickets and have a full day of rock music too, not the absolute dog turd supports they picked for Europe last time!

4 hours ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

More shows are coming for Europe.

the band could break the record of the biggest tour in music history and beat U2 360 Tour next year.

How do you know more shows are coming?

No they won't break. Another 100 mil isnt enough... U2 sits at 730mil..

21 hours ago, Amir said:

But you got TWAT in Slane!

Yeah, first show is usually shaky but sometimes they’ll try something for one or two shows and then drop it.

True, and I was one of the two people who knew what was going on :lol: seen it twice now actually :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'd rather have Guns releasing albums! but if it's just guns touring and touring and touring then I'll go with the conspirators, for the above reasons :D 

5 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I'd rather have Guns releasing albums! but if it's just guns touring and touring and touring then I'll go with the conspirators, for the above reasons :D 

You know you'll get a song like Wicked Stone or Anastasia every year with The Conspirators. I saw this guns news and thought, 'oh bloody hell, the same old stodge' - I could only interpret it as bad news - but everyone else seems delirious so what do I know. Smaller venues also, with the Conspirators. They'll also not rip you off.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, scooby845 said:

How do you know more shows are coming?

No they won't break. Another 100 mil isnt enough... U2 sits at 730mil..

& they did that with 110 shows & GnR are on 140+ shows already i believe its going too take some beating that 360 tour.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

& they did that with 110 shows & GnR are on 140+ shows already i believe its going too take some beating that 360 tour.

yeah but guns did not use full potential of europe...

u2 had 2 legs in europe (i know guns also) but no festivals and more countries..

19 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Well, how likely is it that we'll get new GNR music? I'd prefer it any day of the week over SMKC but chances of new music are way bigger with SMKC. That means in worst case Guns won't release anything, Myles'll tour his album and then AB will tour their new album at least till 2020. That's 6 years without new music at all. Another 3 years without new music!

In this case I'd prefer a new SMKC record over continuing the NITL tour

Despite the (understandable) pessimistic outlook on GN'R music, i do think we will get at least one album in the future. It's a logical step, both creatively and commercially. People are clamoring for new music, and releasing an album will allow the band to reach a newer and larger audience while also giving them renewed reasons to tour. There is nothing indicating a GN'R tour into 2019, and (as is evident thus far) there will be a 6 month break after this leg ends. There's no reason why Axl and co. can't put some stuff together in the meantime, play some new songs live in June 2018, and release a studio album late in the year or 2019.

17 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

That doesn't mean shit when most of it sounds the same. Slash's riffs are cool, but Myles is grating and doesn't do anything for me personally. I respect him as a talented musician, and respect those who like him, but if you want more of Myles, you can go and watch his solo stuff and AB.

• Like 1

Willing to go, but it's going to be their third year of touring and we stll haven't heard one single new song from this band ,the setlist is identical every show they play,as it's been said at least with SMKC we would have an album every two year.

I can't believe Slash is going through this cash grabbing without new music 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

I think a new single is coming..

I'm not sure about a new single, but given that Brain and Melissa performed a remixed version of Sorry and If the World at a recent sports event, it sounds as if Axl may be getting more lenient or interested in having some stuff out there. I imagine that the performance would have required his permission...

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Despite the (understandable) pessimistic outlook on GN'R music, i do think we will get at least one album in the future. It's a logical step, both creatively and commercially. People are clamoring for new music, and releasing an album will allow the band to reach a newer and larger audience while also giving them renewed reasons to tour. There is nothing indicating a GN'R tour into 2019, and (as is evident thus far) there will be a 6 month break after this leg ends. There's no reason why Axl and co. can't put some stuff together in the meantime, play some new songs live in June 2018, and release a studio album late in the year or 2019.

Problem is, there is no logical behavior when it comes to GNR. Everything is possible, but most likely nothing will happen.

That doesn't mean shit when most of it sounds the same. Slash's riffs are cool, but Myles is grating and doesn't do anything for me personally. I respect him as a talented musician, and respect those who like him, but if you want more of Myles, you can go and watch his solo stuff and AB.

I disagree that most of it sounds the same. Besides, I don't hear Slash records for Myles but rather accept that it's him on vocals. Myles solo music or AB does nothing for me.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Problem is, there is no logical behavior when it comes to GNR. Everything is possible, but most likely nothing will happen.

I disagree that most of it sounds the same. Besides, I don't hear Slash records for Myles but rather accept that it's him on vocals. Myles solo music or AB does nothing for me.

You have fair points. 

We all know logic is nonexistent in the world of Guns, but it is now an association made up of Axl, Slash and Duff, who each have their own managers. I'm sure almost everyone will be chomping at the bit for anything which will bring more money their way. Now that there are more inter-band forces at play, and now that the band knows they are one of the biggest entities in the industry again, i do expect a chance that new music will be produced.

We can agree to disagree. I think Slash provides some semblance of variety in SMKC, but i think most of it comes off as generic. Myles' vocals don't help the case, but i suppose you are correct that most here are more interested in Slash's contributions than Myles'. In any case, i'm sure most would prefer Slash to remain with Guns, who we know are putting together new stuff outside of the studio.

I'm at the point where I'd bet money on new music.  When, I don't know.  They could do something with the '6 months off' (be nice if they've already written and demo'd new material then the next 6 months could be mixing etc ready for showcasing on the next tour).  Or maybe it'll be for 2019.

Besides, the other day, someone on Meegan's insta commented something along the lines of, 'we need new music, it's been long enough' and Meegan liked this.  And then there was Meegan's, 'you'll have to wait to hear new music' a while back for the soundless soundcheck that time.  It's gonna happen.  

• Like 2