European Festival & Stadium/Outdoor tour announced - NITL continues into 2018

19 hours ago, kgibson90 said:

When looking at GNRs' Instagram, I noticed the the tour date list that was posted yesterday has 3 fewer dates when compared to the list posted on their Instagram when they first announced the 2018 tour.

Does anyone know why they would camcel / remove those dates this far in advance?

Dates removed:

June 15 - Firenze Rocks (Italy)

June 21 - Graspop Metal Meeting (Belgium)

July 1 - Estadio Olympico (Spain)

They will start selling the tickets later.

1 hour ago, BrayWyatt said:

Why play to a 40000 capacity in norway and not come to scotland which has 2 50000 plus and 2 60000 plus stadiums.

Especially as we were shafted last year as well.

What a ****** joke.

Tbh too go from Scotland too Donington by car or train you may as well fly too Oslo or another EU show its going too cost you the same price near enough its easy 4 or 5 hours on the train 

21 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Look at Berlin GC price for example, and that looks a real 'Golden Gircle' - but is an outrageous 160 euros BEFORE you pile on the fees! Prices off these tickets across the whole tour are insane. I find it incredible that people are doing a few shows- not to mention all the other stuf (travel etc) that goes with it. Fuck knows where they all get their money from! 

Well, saving on all the other unnessesary stuff helps. And mixing it up. With also searchign out the cheap ones and also attending festival shows, I'm paying a little over 100 for my 6 shows (good thing that Ozzy is playing some of them, wanted to go see him anyway). But yeah it is crazy. Just look at what that Tako is doing. Tickets alone must cost here a fortune, especially with going VIP all the time. Wonder how she does that.

In terms of multiple shows, I tend to turn it into a holiday esp when its in the summer months. Even so, I can only manage two or three not the 7 or 8 some people mange to go to! Probably got a lot more money at hand ;)

Yeah. I always turn it into a holiday. I rarely go to a holiday these days without a concert attached. I got time for that, once these bands are dead and buried. :P And really there are ways to make thes holidays cheap(ish) and cut out the unessesary stuff.

Edited by PatrickS77

25 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well. It's a festival. They didn't have a presale for any festival. As they either are on sale already or will start when the festival starts selling tickets. It's just bad luck that your show happens to be a festival.

they should have done something for italian fans. at least telling it before renovation.. 

we're all disappointed.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, scooby845 said:

If there is such a high demand in Norway, why doesn't the promoter move the concert to a larger capacity venue instead of ripping the fans off with those Platinum Tickets...?

Because Ticketmaster create artificial demand. It isn't sold out, they're just playing their trick of deciding to hold all the ticket back to try and sell them at 'platinum price'. Makes people panic, and think it's sold out. 

• Like 2

Just now, Izzyslash said:

Hehe, ok. Well, got mine yesterday, so do not really care. Did not expect Oslo to sell out so fast though. 

It's not sold out. Probably very far from it. It's a scam Ticketmaster pull routinely to get people to pay higher prices. If you wait, they'll make them available at the proper price again. 

Ticketmaster are the worst. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's not sold out. Probably very far from it. It's a scam Ticketmaster pull routinely to get people to pay higher prices. If you wait, they'll make them available at the proper price again. 

I learned this with U2 in 2015 for the Arena tour people were paying fcuking extortion moneys from 2bd sites then on the day of each show there was GAs also The Boss in Dublin for 2 shows they made such a fuss making out it was SOLD OUT in 30mins 160,000 tixs then in the days before you could get any tix you wanted.

Its a scam making us buy from 2nd sites yeah we fuel the prices cos we the public are paying the ££££$$$$ they all work hand in hand with each other in the same office block hahaha

Its not the way too buy tixs but ive had loooooads of tixs in the days before the shows for FV or UNDER its defo worth keeping a eye on as the show get closer 

Edited by Gavin82

18 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Probably, but either way it has already sold a lot of tickets.

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's impossible to know though- and that's what is frustrating, as Ticketmaster have the monopoly on it. 

That is true, but a lot of people tried to get tickets yesterday, and now think it is sold out. I guess ticketmaster would like to sell as many tickets as possible, so they would not close the sale without selling a decent amount first.

2 minutes ago, Izzyslash said:

That is true, but a lot of people tried to get tickets yesterday, and now think it is sold out. I guess ticketmaster would like to sell as many tickets as possible, so they would not close the sale without selling a decent amount first.

But this is the point- they haven't 'closed the sale' - they are selling them at their own 'platinum prices'. See if people will pay those prices, if they don't, they'll put them down again in price and they call it a 'ticket drop'. 

It's just like a guy in a shop one day saying "ah, today cans of coke are $20" because he knows he is the only one around selling cans of coke. He'll sell whatever he can at that price. If people don't pay it, hey, he's still got the coke, and tomorrow he can always say "yeah, they're back to $1 now". 

Ticketmaster create false demand by these scams, making people think the only way they can get a ticket is to pay a 'platinum price'. It's just absolute horseshit, designed to rip people off. 

13 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

But this is the point- they haven't 'closed the sale' - they are selling them at their own 'platinum prices'. See if people will pay those prices, if they don't, they'll put them down again in price and they call it a 'ticket drop'. 

It's just like a guy in a shop one day saying "ah, today cans of coke are $20" because he knows he is the only one around selling cans of coke. He'll sell whatever he can at that price. If people don't pay it, hey, he's still got the coke, and tomorrow he can always say "yeah, they're back to $1 now". 

Ticketmaster create false demand by these scams, making people think the only way they can get a ticket is to pay a 'platinum price'. It's just absolute horseshit, designed to rip people off. 

Can you explain to me what these Platinum tickets are? I'm sorry, I don't get it at all. Are they just regular tickets? What's the deal with those?

10 minutes ago, Lio said:

Can you explain to me what these Platinum tickets are? I'm sorry, I don't get it at all. Are they just regular tickets? What's the deal with those?

They are normal tickets- exactly the same as you buy at the price they are initially released at. There is no VIP element, or early entry, or anything along those lines. The word 'platinum' refers only to the price: it's over face value. 

So Ticketmaster sells tickets for the show, at, say for example $150 each face value. They then stop selling those, claiming the show to be 'sold out', and sell 'platinum' ones. These are bought and sold via their site, and can be sold by ticket touts, or, as more often is the case, Ticketmaster themselves. At any price they want (so a $150 ticket they might decide they want $300 for) They call it 'dynamic pricing'- to you and I, the fans, and everyone else we call it a 'scam'. Their official explanation is: 

"Ticketmaster Platinum offers fans in demand tickets direct from the event organisers. Dynamically priced according to forces of supply and demand, our mission is to give the most passionate fans fair and safe access to in demand areas."

So, basically, it's a way for Ticketmaster to ignore the face value, and charge whatever they like. They win entirely because if people won't pay the prices they've pulled out of the air- what are they going to do? It's not like you can go somewhere else to buy your tickets for the show: hence the word 'monopoly'. They have the only tickets, their 'platinum; policy allows them to charge whatever they damn well like. As a fan, you don't like it? Ticketmaster shrug and say "hard luck, you're not going to the show". 

The way to deal with it is for people to never ever pay a penny over face value- to ignore Platinum tickets entirely. When they don't sell at these Platinum prices, Ticketmaster worry they will be left with unsold tickets. So they dump them all back on sale, at face value, or possibly even lower, just to get rid of them. 

Does that help a bit? It's a massive con, and difficult to get your head around, but essentially it's fans getting exploited by Ticketmaster. The real insididious thing I feel is that people get conned because they're on the 'official ticket site' rather than a ticket touting site.  They just assume that's the price.

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'm big into analogies and this one is spot on! 

10 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

They are normal tickets- exactly the same as you buy at the price they are initially released at. There is no VIP element, or early entry, or anything along those lines. The word 'platinum' refers only to the price: it's over face value. 

So Ticketmaster sells tickets for the show, at, say for example $150 each face value. They then stop selling those, claiming the show to be 'sold out', and sell 'platinum' ones. These are bought and sold via their site, and can be sold by ticket touts, or, as more often is the case, Ticketmaster themselves. At any price they want (so a $150 ticket they might decide they want $300 for) They call it 'dynamic pricing'- to you and I, the fans, and everyone else we call it a 'scam'. Their official explanation is: 

"Ticketmaster Platinum offers fans in demand tickets direct from the event organisers. Dynamically priced according to forces of supply and demand, our mission is to give the most passionate fans fair and safe access to in demand areas."

So, basically, it's a way for Ticketmaster to ignore the face value, and charge whatever they like. They win entirely because if people won't pay the prices they've pulled out of the air- what are they going to do? It's not like you can go somewhere else to buy your tickets for the show: hence the word 'monopoly'. They have the only tickets, their 'platinum; policy allows them to charge whatever they damn well like. As a fan, you don't like it? Ticketmaster shrug and say "hard luck, you're not going to the show". 

The way to deal with it is for people to never ever pay a penny over face value- to ignore Platinum tickets entirely. When they don't sell at these Platinum prices, Ticketmaster worry they will be left with unsold tickets. So they dump them all back on sale, at face value, or possibly even lower, just to get rid of them. 

Does that help a bit? It's a massive con, and difficult to get your head around, but essentially it's fans getting exploited by Ticketmaster. The real insididious thing I feel is that people get conned because they're on the 'official ticket site' rather than a ticket touting site.  They just assume that's the price.

10 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Thanks for taking the time to answer. That is a scam indeed! I think this should be made illegal. The most passionate fans, yeah right... They're not even ashamed about it either. Ugh.

3 minutes ago, Lio said:

Thanks for taking the time to answer. That is a scam indeed! I think this should be made illegal. The most passionate fans, yeah right... They're not even ashamed about it either. Ugh.

No problem. There's a lot of stuff online about it all - and certain artists (Ed Sheeran and Adele especially) are trying to tackle it. The problem is that since the Ticketmaster/Live Nation merger they are just too big. It's hard for artists to stand up to them,- and a lot don't want to stand up to them, especially when the money is rolling in. 

Massive respect to Ed Sheeran and Adele really for doing so. Ironic though isn't it? Two singers not regarded as 'against the system' in any way are the ones fighting the system....

27 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah. I had to laugh when I read that sentence for the first time. The way they try to sell their scamming of fans as something positive and done for the fan. They are just money grubbing greedy bastards and that whole industry as a whole is sickening and rotten to the core. And it is really worst in situations where there are only seats. With GA you can pretty much bypass this whole shit and not care, but if you really have a venue full of seats and want to have a good one, you're royally screwed.

• Like 3