European Festival & Stadium/Outdoor tour announced - NITL continues into 2018

I don't know, have been reluctant to listen to them since they're always dubbed ''The New Zeppelin'', which just turns me off :lol: 

They do get a lot of praise, and new rock bands are always a good thing, might check them out.

I'm not thrilled at all to see Ghost live, I swear I was just shit talking that band to some friend :lol: But who knows, they seem fascinating and might change my mind

2 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

I don't know, have been reluctant to listen to them since they're always dubbed ''The New Zeppelin'', which just turns me off :lol: 

They do get a lot of praise, and new rock bands are always a good thing, might check them out.

I'm not thrilled at all to see Ghost live, I swear I was just shit talking that band to some friend :lol: But who knows, they seem fascinating and might change my mind

The GVF singer definitely channels Robert Plant, but they compose their own music, are multi-instrumentalists, and for "kids" (the two oldest are 21) they are pretty damn good, imho.  If you give a listen, let us know what you think!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, triad said:

The GVF singer definitely channels Robert Plant, but they compose their own music, are multi-instrumentalists, and for "kids" (the two oldest are 21) they are pretty damn good, imho.  If you give a listen, let us know what you think!

It definitely sounds like Zeppelin, like a Zeppelin cover band that decided to write their own music, and do it really well.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, triad said:

The GVF singer definitely channels Robert Plant

If by channels you mean 'rips his vocal style off completely' then, yeah, I guess he channels Percy. Hey, maybe he'll develop his own style over time but while he's doing that, I just can't listen to them.

2 hours ago, AslatIE said:

Ghost is a great live band 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EricA said:

Happy to see Greta Van Fleet in Berlin:D

Afraid of the Pink Slips in Mannheim:smiley-confused2:

and @Nattywhy do we have to see Tyler Bryant (in Leipzig and Poland) again and again and again :facepalm:...so boring!

Btw. if somebody is interested i've a FOS 1 for Mannheim left, will sell it for face value, pls pm me!

:max: I have no clue why they like this Tyler Bryant guy... we will have to be patient to see our guys @EricA 

I hate waiting 2,5 hours while having to support 2 bands that I find boring. why does Gnr have no decent support act? Baz would be so much better and he s Axl s friend. so why all those boring bands???

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

Yeah they need a few decent special guests / support acts coz I think the sale isnt going that well for a lot of the 'standalone' dates.

I get that vibe, Berlin has a hell of a lot of tickets left, not even 50% sold if we you look at the ticketmaster and Eventim charts 

40 minutes ago, Natty said:

:max: I have no clue why they like this Tyler Bryant guy... we will have to be patient to see our guys @EricA 

I hate waiting 2,5 hours while having to support 2 bands that I find boring. why does Gnr have no decent support act? Baz would be so much better and he s Axl s friend. so why all those boring bands???

It’s terrible. Must be something to do with the production guy they share with AC/DC because they had Tyler too.  Ridiculous how many big shows they’ve had slots for now without doing anything or having any momentum 

1 hour ago, Natty said:

Well, I guess it helps that they all seem to like that kid and think he's some kind of future for rock. Add to that that the guitarist is Aersomith's Brad Whitford's son. So they know people and have connections and once you have your foot in the door you go from opening up one big show to the other. I've personally seen them opening up for AC/DC, Aerosmith and GNR multiple times now and I'm too kinda getting bored with it.

On 12/03/2018 at 5:04 PM, triad said:

I really like them, just listening to them now and he [the singer] really sounds like Robert Plant. I thought i'd give them a try and i'm well pleased. :heart:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, default_ said:

lol @ people that complains about a band like GVF. Its because of people like yout that rock n roll is dead and Axl got nuts and wont release any music. 

That sentence doesn't make any sense. So rock n roll will only survive if people like a led Zep ripoff? Ok then...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, default_ said:

lol @ people that complains about a band like GVF. Its because of people like yout that rock n roll is dead and Axl got nuts and wont release any music. 

lol what? That's like saying people who don't like Airbourne or Wolfmother are the reason rock is dead :lol:

I see why people like those bands, and GVF, but honestly they're boring as fuck. If I want to listen to Zeppelin, I'll throw on a Zeppelin album, not an imitation :lol:

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

lol what? That's like saying people who don't like Airbourne or Wolfmother are the reason rock is dead :lol:

I see why people like those bands, and GVF, but honestly they're boring as fuck. If I want to listen to Zeppelin, I'll throw on a Zeppelin album, not an imitation :lol:

I don't get that, if they both sound the same, and it's new songs that sound like they're by LZ, how can one be boring and not the other? I am instead bored with most Zep albums now since I heard them all a million times so GVF is a godsent to someone like me.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

27 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I don't get that, if they both sound the same, and it's new songs that sound like they're by LZ, how can one be boring and not the other? I am instead bored with most Zep albums now since I heard them all a million times so GVF is a godsent to someone like me.

It's boring as in, it's one thing to wear your influences on your sleeves, and another to not bother carving out your own sound. Zeppelin took from their influences but still added to them, where GVF just sound like they wish they were Zeppelin, IMO. They fall more in line with the bands I mentioned above.

To completely copy another band's style is extremely offensive imo and so fucking lame. Why anyone who's into Led Zep would listen to that shite is beyond me.

2 hours ago, default_ said:

Yeah, I'm sure that's the reason FFS. :rolleyes:

Edited by bucketfoot

I am of the opinion that good songs are good songs, regardless whether it's original or not, what my ears hear is why I listen to music and what counts to me. That a song can have all great ingredients like epic vocal performances, great riffs, and good songwriting but will still be instantly considered "shite" and irrelevant and all those great things suddenly don't matter anymore just because it was done in a copy way of another thing is just a view I can't share but to each his own.

IMO there are way more other crappy rock bands these days that actually should rather be shit on than GVF for actually being shit, and all of them have their own "original" style. But original shit is still shit. That GVF do a "copy" of another band doesn't affect my enjoyment of their songs one bit, they make great music.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

is there any chance they are going to have a 3rd leg in the US? Perhaps hit up cities big and small (Madison, WI ;) , Des Moines IA, Tampa FL, etc..) they did not play the first 2 legs? maybe play a few larger cities as well (NY, Chicago, LA) which are always good for a sell out?