European Festival & Stadium/Outdoor tour announced - NITL continues into 2018

all you people complaining saying you are not going to go know you are going to get a ticket as the concert gets closer

and I can picture a 3rd NA leg a year from now, come back and play big city arenas again, and play smaller markets like Green Bay WI, Fargo, ND, Lincoln NE etc, it seems they are on a mission to make as much money as possible and there is still money to be made

8 minutes ago, northernsoul said:

Thought they might have done the Aviva or Boucher Park, it's a real coup for Download to get GnR seemingly as a UK + Ire exclusive

London and Donington (Leicestershire, isn't it) are the other side of the world for people who live in the north of England and Scotland. London may as well be Timbuktu for where I am situated. Not that I'd go anyway, even if they played my local boozer.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

London and Donington (Leicestershire, isn't it) are the other side of the world for people who live in the north of England and Scotland. London may as well be Timbuktu for where I am situated. Not that I'd go anyway, even if they played my local boozer.

We're certainly lazy when it comes to travelling that is for sure.  The costs of fuel, travel and hotels in this country is ridiculous though so you can hardly blame us, then it takes you twice as long as it should do as soon as you hit the main roads.  

Donington is a nightmare.. middle of nowhere with hardly any hotels nearby.  I'm glad I booked mine when the rumours came out yesterday, but it's still a shuttle bus and a cab from the festival

1 hour ago, Asia said:

I wish it was Warsaw. That would cost half as much without that stupid travel and accomodation. But it's good they're coming back. I'll have to think about it seriously...

yeah, too bad that it isn't Warsaw, but I'll go anyway. Never been in Chorzów :P:lol:

1 minute ago, Axl_morris said:

If this was the only UK show, i gaurentee Download Festival would be advertising "only UK appearance" to sell tickets. They aren't.

This is what I need to know.  I'm not keen to go to a festival and get roughed up or have a bottle thrown at me - I'm too old for that shit. lol  I hope they add a London stadium date.  Or two. I'd got to both of those.

• Like 3

Just now, Axl_morris said:

If this was the only UK show, i gaurentee Download Festival would be advertising "only UK appearance" to sell tickets. They aren't.

Ya, that's what they normally say and do...
They hardly did any UK dates, other than 2 London shows ! So they must have plans for north of England, Scotland, Wales, etc...
If they signed an exclusive agreement, then this tour comes back in 2019 too for UK dates ! This tour is gonna go EVERYWHERE!
Fernando told you "We just getting started"...how soo many of you were convinced this was over, I dunno !
No dates or rumours a few weeks ago, but all you had to think about is this - there's stupid money to be made...

Why would they stop without doing a proper EU tour !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

Yeah that's what I mean exactly. 

US has 78 dates all together and EU has 37 all together...

What I am pissed about is that Europe is their biggest market - they can easily sell out stadiums here anytime and WE get so few dates - and 1/4 of them are festivals. 

-----

They are playing arenas in US at the moment for an average of  $1.5 mill - so what's stopping them from playing Eastern Europe - Balkan countries.. They could at least earn THAT much..

At least they could have announced Austria or Czech republic so I at least have the chance to travel somewhere close...

---

Estonia???? That country has barely 1.5mil population... Wow.. just wow...

To all those going to concerts - have fun! I'm glad someone got the chance who didn't see them first time..

Put very simply if the money was there they'd be doing a gig out there, this is the Not In This Lifetime have we seen so much money tour afterall. 

Unfortunately $1.5M in a stadium in Eastern Europe is probably a massive loss maker, whereas indoors in the US it's a good money spinner, especially when you can do it 15-20 times a month.  Production for a stadium gig probably costs over a million, I'm sure Billboard put the US stadium costs at $1.6M

5 minutes ago, northernsoul said:

We're certainly lazy when it comes to travelling that is for sure.  The costs of fuel, travel and hotels in this country is ridiculous though so you can hardly blame us, then it takes you twice as long as it should do as soon as you hit the main roads.  

Donington is a nightmare.. middle of nowhere with hardly any hotels nearby.  I'm glad I booked mine when the rumours came out yesterday, but it's still a shuttle bus and a cab from the festival

It is cheaper to fly to and reside in Europe than go to London. 

London and its £10 pint of beer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice, even without new music is good to know the big three will keep working together, they really don't want this to end, cause of money and they clearly enjoy playing together and don't know yet what to do after, and you know, maybe they get some inspiration to write new songs together at some point, doesn't even need to be a full album, unless you are Adele, singles are the smarter way to release new music now, albums for most artists sell like shit and we don't need fillers, a couple of really great songs is more than enough. IMHO

But i wish they would release something before these concerts, the world would explode with any new GnR song released, any.

And would be great to see them playing somethine really new live.

Yes some countries miss out, but surprise smaller countries are included, like Estonia, there are some winners here, it's not as if everybody is being screwed over.

As has been said, if your country misses out, blame it on your promoters, not the band. There's 0 chance they sat around and said, you know what, we've got to go to Tallinn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is cheaper to fly to and reside in Europe than go to London. 

London and its £10 pint of beer.

This is sadly very true.  Train travel in this country is outrageous.  It's cheaper to fly to Ireland with Easyjet than travel by train from London to Brighton.  

4 minutes ago, northernsoul said:

Put very simply if the money was there they'd be doing a gig out there, this is the Not In This Lifetime have we seen so much money tour afterall. 

Unfortunately $1.5M in a stadium in Eastern Europe is probably a massive loss maker, whereas indoors in the US it's a good money spinner, especially when you can do it 15-20 times a month.  Production for a stadium gig probably costs over a million, I'm sure Billboard put the US stadium costs at $1.6M

You're absolutely right...but

Are you telling me there is no money in Ireland, Scotalnd, Wales, Northern Ireland, Russia (they got 1 date for 150mil population) Czech Republic. Austria, Switzerland?

9 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

Not in this run. Maybe in the fall, but I dont see them dilluting this now by adding arena's straight away.

Think of this years format...I say Winter arena run is announced between May-July next year...
Then 2019 will see the last remaining places this tour hasn't gone, with a return for a couple of shows in USA

ending it all in LA. That's my thoughts...
It will end up possibly eclipsing the mammoth UYI tour...wow !