European Festival & Stadium/Outdoor tour announced - NITL continues into 2018

34 minutes ago, northernsoul said:

The tickets aren't cheaper for Download.  The majority of people camp and spend over £200 to do so, plus £20 to park, plus i'd wager AT LEAST £200 on average on site. Camping is around 75k if the demand is there for them to hire the extra land and the arena site holds over 100k.  There were over 100k in the arena for AC/DC I believe.  They paid AC/DC a Kings Ransom too and even built them their own stage.

I bet Download gets around 100k punters through the door and grosses £25M+ that weekend, so yes they can afford to pay them £3M or something equally daft, most of which the band can take home because they don't have insane production costs.  In America weren't they getting $3M a night but they lost $1M of their own fee to cover their own costs? In that scenario 1 Download is worth 2 shows.  Although none of us have the true numbers and can only guess of course.

day tixs ! A lot will only go for GNR day !

3 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Yeah that's what I mean exactly. 

US has 78 dates all together and EU has 37 all together...

What I am pissed about is that Europe is their biggest market - they can easily sell out stadiums here anytime and WE get so few dates - and 1/4 of them are festivals. 

-----

They are playing arenas in US at the moment for an average of  $1.5 mill - so what's stopping them from playing Eastern Europe - Balkan countries.. They could at least earn THAT much..

At least they could have announced Austria or Czech republic so I at least have the chance to travel somewhere close...

---

Estonia???? That country has barely 1.5mil population... Wow.. just wow...

To all those going to concerts - have fun! I'm glad someone got the chance who didn't see them first time..

Totally agree with you...They can easilly sellout almost every European country ,and they only do 18 dates...Also places they will do are west and north...

From Serbia I have to travel 800 km for the nearest place...

Tjey can play Romania,Croatia,Hungary,Greece or some other European Union country...

I really hope they will add some more dates 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Axeli said:

How is the audience in Germany?  Maybe also coming there. 

I will definitely not judge over some audience because it's always up to everybody how to enjoy themselfs, all i can tell you is, that whenever i went to a concert in Germany, i felt fine with their crowd, not too wild, but also not reserved, most artists love the german audience;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Do you all think we might get another pro shot video from one of these festivals?

Only Graspop live streams their festival and Download UK plays a few songs from each band after some months. Those are only chances of pro shot 

Edited by Nicklord
  • Like 1

usually people are happy when their favorite band announces a tour but im sure im not the only one that feels let down every time the extend this thing. this is awesome news for people that havnt had a chance to see them yet but i think the chances of a new album ever coming out are officially done. up next south america round 3

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nicklord said:

90% of people at GNRs show know only the hits, Download or any other festival won't be any different 

Yep, most of the shows in NA and Western Europe have a terrible atmosphere.  Just people stood about barely watching until something from Appetite or the greatest hits CD comes on

I'd be interested to know what bands people think Download festival goers listen to?  Gnr & Metallica are probably the biggest bands Download can book, down the front it'll be bouncing and as hardcore GnR as any other Western European show as the festival is full of real music fans who camp out for 5 days and not people who had a spare £170 to pay for GC to watch them do SCOM

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Must be some concerts before Berlin. Or it will be Axls first show in 6 months.... :wacko:

Nobody here wants to go to the Berlin show :P I'd love to visit Berlin again, and taken in a GNR show at the same time sounds great... but not sure about seeing the first show of the tour again (reasons mentioned above), like I did in Slane.

27 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Nobody here wants to go to the Berlin show :P I'd love to visit Berlin again, and taken in a GNR show at the same time sounds great... but not sure about seeing the first show of the tour again (reasons mentioned above), like I did in Slane.

But you got TWAT in Slane!

Yeah, first show is usually shaky but sometimes they’ll try something for one or two shows and then drop it.