Bring Brain Back

20 hours ago, soon said:

Brain talked about Axl inviting him back and declining out of respect for his understudy, Frank.  Frank must know about this.  So Frank would need to step down.  Hopefully Brain is the only of the two to be on any recordings Axl has.  Or even, wishful thinking, that the 3 are making new tracks with Brain ghosting for Frank on the sessions.  Its not all that rare in rock in general.

Adler, Matt and Brain are all incredible in my books.  For what GNR is today, Brian has a lot to offer in studio.  

It's a good thing Slash do what Brain did. Turn down a reunion with Axl in honor of DJ Ashba!

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, ASLayerAODsk said:

I think the real question would be, would he WANT to come back?

..and in history, how many former members, other than the originals, have been invited back to the fold?

Finck is likely the best example of that

On 10/11/2017 at 5:32 PM, Alejandro GNR said:

Well, in the interview where he recalls recording Chinese, he said he had to learn more than fifty songs...who knows of we’ll ever hear those songs. I hope we do

I remember reading that interview. It had something to do with Josh Freese originally playing all these tracks, but Axl liked the way Brian sounded, so Axl hired someone to write out the entire drum track portions of every song on sheet music so Brian could learn to play them exactly like Josh did note-by-note

Brian is cool, but I would love to hear more of Freese's work with GN'R

Edited by RJ88
  • Like 1

I know he technically is but I never really considered Freeze a proper member of GN'R. He never played on any live shows, had no playing parts on Chinese, and was only featured on one album-less solo (being Oh My God). Don't get me wrong, he's an amazing drummer with great talent but I always considered Brain the Chinese Democracy drummer.

1 hour ago, RJ88 said:

I remember reading that interview. It had something to do with Josh Freese originally playing all these tracks, but Axl liked the way Brian sounded, so Axl hired someone to write out the entire drum track portions of every song on sheet music so Brian could learn to play them exactly like Josh did note-by-note

Brian is cool, but I would love to hear more of Freese's work with GN'R

Brain had to learn 30 songs note-for-note spread across two demo CDs given to him by Axl, so he gave both discs to a friend of his from sony studios to transcribe all the drum notes. That means some guy from Sony has cd2 sitting on his shelf somewhere. If only we knew who he was...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, zombux said:

to deliver pizza or heroin onstage, definitely yes.

LOL He has proven that he's still the best for Guns and to be fair... Steven could be in delirium, having a stroke and a heart attack at the same time and he would still be better on drums than Frank :lol:

Edited by Free Bird

18 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

he was going to kick bumble out?

Their relationship was always a bit complicated. Bumble was pissed because he had to work on unreleased songs by former band members for example. Axl also never made it a secret that he prefered Bucket 

On 10/11/2017 at 6:43 PM, Sosso said:

I think that he should rejoin the band. I really like his groove on the AfD songs and the way he played the CD material. He is basically the perfect drummer for GN'R

And people actually complain about Matt Sorum's solos ?? What a disgrace this was.

• Like 1