If 2018 Setlists are the Same as Now, Will You Still Go?

Will you still go?  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You can't have a Guns show without the hits... They would be destroyed by the media and casuals if they did a set of deep cuts. 

So the setlist will likely remain similar. 

I'd like to see less CD songs but Axl won't allow it. 

Also, most people outside of the US have only seen the show once so wouldn't be bothered that much. 

of course.

it's so easy, nightrain and mr brownstone are the only songs i need to have an unforgettable evening.

"i see you standing there, you think you so cool, why dont you just... fuck off" => being able to sing that line alone, together with the band and the fans, is worth the price of admission. all the rest is icing on the cake

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Shit alternatives. There's three Yes'es, one no and one that's basically a null vote. 

Next time you do a poll, how about a Yes/No/undecided and then let us comment the reason why in a post if we'd feel like it.

I'm not sure. Probably not but can't say for sure. Lots of stuff to weigh in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Surely they can get a few songs together, even four for an old style EP; supposed to be so many written etc. 

Otherwise I'm only going if they invite me, and provide a little of their fine living!...

Although I enjoyed it this year, and should be another great show there. Don't know if they'll have enough time to play the full 3 hours plus set, going from the norm of being limited to about 2 hours.

I’m so happy I went to a second show. I thought the arena show was much better than the stadium show. 

I dunno, I was 10 years old when my favorite band “broke up” and I NEVER thought I’d see Slash and Axl share a stage “in my lifetime”. So how could I complain about a dream come true!?!?

They should wrap it up for the next leg...

My take....

Jungle

Easy

Brownstone

LALD

Estranged 

Civil War

OTGM

New song (I know😁)

Pretty Tied Up

-----------------------'

Acoustic set

Patience

Used 

Crazy

November 

-------------------

SCOM

Sympathy 

I feel good

IRS

Nightrain 

Encore

Dead Horse

DC

Paradise.

Alternative

So fine

Perfect crime

Ain't it fun

Knockin

My michelle

Yesterday

Shacklers 

Maddy

Think about 

Edited by TheDemocracyRose

Hoping they swap out Sorry for Madagascar and Yesterdays for another UYI song (as much as I like Pretty Tied Up, it'd be pretty awkward to perform without Izzy). Have TWAT/Prostitute in rotation from night to night. Basically have the 2017 US arena setlist and I'm happy for now.

I would say drop Coma as well since it's been a long while that we had a good performance but I'd feel bad for fans in places like Estonia and Norway who haven't heard them play that yet as that's a fan favourite.

Edited by Amir
  • Like 1

@Amir  Even better, replace Sorry with Shacklers or Riad or even IRS.  I don't care care what anyone says, this current lineup would do Riad justice and it would sound amazing live.  

Replace Madagascar with instrumental Locomotive.  

Get rid of Chinese Democracy because it's boring, replace with dirty blues version of Crazy, or Anything Goes.

Leave Better, it rocks.  

I like your idea of rotating TWAT/Prostitute.  

Lose Coma and every single cover and TSI song, except for KOHD.  Replace with new music.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Amir said:

Hoping they swap out Sorry for Madagascar and Yesterdays for another UYI song (as much as I like Pretty Tied Up, it'd be pretty awkward to perform without Izzy). Have TWAT/Prostitute in rotation from night to night. Basically have the 2017 US arena setlist and I'm happy for now.

I would say drop Coma as well since it's been a long while that we had a good performance but I'd feel bad for fans in places like Estonia and Norway who haven't heard them play that yet as that's a fan favourite.

Agree with this pretty much. I'm still hoping for a new song though, without getting my hopes up, if that makes sense.

Talking about Nijmegen, I know it's GNR, but would they do that, having the exact same show at the exact same venue not even a year later? I think that's the only place that they've been this year too? Festivals are different, and they're including some new countries or other parts of the country (Germany, France, Sweden, Spain), but Nijmegen is a different case. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

On principal, no. I'd very much like to keep boycotting the shows until the setlist gets seriously mixed up, or if the ticket prices drastically reduce. Even on this arena leg, TWAT and Prostitute becoming regulars weren't enough to entice me - I've seen both live multiple times. However, I'll be in Europe at some point during the European tour, and I'd like to catch a show if it aligns with my plans as I've always wanted to see GN'R in Europe. 

They should replace CD with Reckless Life, Better with Bad Obsession, Live And Let Die with Don't Damn Me, This I Love with So Fine, Prostitute with Bad Apples, Wichita Lineman with The Garden, Black Hole Sun with Dead Horse, KOHD with You're Crazy, Sorry with Perfect Crime, Madagascar with Out Ta Get Me and The Seeker with Right Next Door To Hell. There they'd have an unreal setlist made only of GNR songs, they don't even need a new song to have a perfect setlist.

Of course this is never gonna happen, the setlist will still be absolute shit and if I have the chance I will keep going because I am that stupid... and because Slash is God :ph34r:

• Like 2