If 2018 Setlists are the Same as Now, Will You Still Go?

Will you still go?  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, EvanG said:

Maybe they will play a few different songs, but I don't think that they have enough material to completely mix it up for a three hour show and obviously they are going to play the big hits.

They have to play the hits and they should but they could still switch up a few songs. It really only takes a few changes to keep a set list fresh. They don't have a tone of material but these are all viable options for the most part.

Think About You
You're Crazy
Anything Goes
Reckless Life
Move To The City
Mama Kin
Nice Boys
Out ta Get Me
Dust N Bones
You Ain't The First
BAd Obsession
Back Off Bitch
Don't Damn Me
Dead Horse
14 Years
Get In The Ring
Breakdown
Locomotive
Pretty Tied Up
So Fine
Down On The Farm

• Like 1

I went to three shows... The set list never really bothered me because I love all the classic material.. That all changed last show.. I am not a fan of CD at all.. I can deal with a couple songs but 5 was way too many.. It was the only time I have seen GnR where I actually felt lulls in the set. The encore had two CD songs in it.. That was brutal. It was my least favorite out of the 6 shows I have seen. Now I see that they are playing 6.  I honestly wouldn't pay 300 bucks to see that shit again. Throw Black Hole Sun and Wish You Were Here in there and that is 8 songs I could care less about.  

• Like 1

I would still go because I'm a tragic. But... I don't buy into the idea they can't mix it up, there is still a big enough catalogue to change some songs in that are rarely played or haven't been played in quite a long time! 

Its not just the set list, the order is almost identical night after night, and while I'm not one to agree with people who watch live feeds and not paying to have whinge constantly there is a point to be made for people who do pay, 

my only counter argument to whinging about the set list is, we know there is only a slim chance of things being different from show to show so if you buy a ticket, you should be aware that you are more than likely getting the same gig that everyone else paid for. 

But yes, i would still go! 

Edited by Tadsy

15 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Say, the first few shows of 2018 is similar as the setlists we have now, will you still watch them, or will you hold off until theres something different?

man i cant stop going to these shows

what if axl sings another line using rasp and also we got to yes, make this the most lucrative tour ever so yeah, you know, yeah, thats important isnt it?

yeah and also axl needs the loot because izzy was very expensive when he guested with axl roses all those years ago

izzy loves the loot people told me

so yeah izzy is very expensive and axl needs to recover he lost so much mney to izzy

and bezides izzy cant play and izzy wont tour and steven cant be trusted

and  axl , yes, really took good care of the brand , yes, brand is huge important, so i wanna make sure, yes go to shows to give to axl loot

:rofl-lol:

• Haha 2

I dont care much about the setlist as long as there are max. 3/4 cd songs in it. the "real" gnr songs: I love them all and it was so cool to hear Used to love her live last year or Out to get me. why should I miss the chance to hear my fav songs live? sung by mr axl rose :heart: not by myles kennedy :facepalm:

I ll be there!! can t wait to be honest..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I went to three shows... The set list never really bothered me because I love all the classic material.. That all changed last show.. I am not a fan of CD at all.. I can deal with a couple songs but 5 was way too many.. It was the only time I have seen GnR where I actually felt lulls in the set. The encore had two CD songs in it.. That was brutal. It was my least favorite out of the 6 shows I have seen. Now I see that they are playing 6.  I honestly wouldn't pay 300 bucks to see that shit again. Throw Black Hole Sun and Wish You Were Here in there and that is 8 songs I could care less about.  

As much as I personally like CD I think they are playing too much of it live. It’s cool for me to hear the new live versions but I think they aren’t catering to the 95% of the fans who attend the shows. I love all GN’R albums, so I think it’s time for a turn to hear some UYI deep cuts or throw You’re Crazy in to shake things up once in a while. It could be a nice balance if they played 3-4 CD songs and 3-4 Illusion cuts a night, most fans would feel pleased there.

• Like 1

Nobody loved Chinese Democracy more than me, but even I would rather them stop doing those songs now. If Bucket, Ron and Finck were still in the band, then by all means, knock yourself out and play Shacklers, TWAT, Better, Maddy and Prostitute every single night. But with Slash and Duff back in the fold, I want to hear the songs Slash and Duff helped make with Axl.

It was a bit of a novelty at first seeing Slash tackle songs like TWAT and Sorry, but that novelty has worn pretty thin. Surely even the most diehard NuGNR fan would replace the CD songs with some of the lesser played Illusions tracks at this stage? I wanna see Slash and Axl tackle Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive, Don't Damn Me and Dust N Bones (with or without Izzy).

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

I'd classify myself under "We'll See What Happens When We Get There". I had tickets to this last show in Detroit but ended up being out of town for work. I was totally fine with missing the show but then was really bummed on the actual night of the show that I wasn't there. Most of my feeling of being bummed was due to the fact that my wife and some friends were there. I think if people I know want to go, I'd go with them. If no one I know was going, I'd probably be fine skipping it.

Id 100% go see them again loved both shows ive seen and was bummed when Madagasgar and Prostitute (my top 2 CD songs) were added to the main set. 

1. It's So Easy
  2. Mr. Brownstone
  3. Chinese Democracy
  4. Welcome to the Jungle
  5. Double Talkin' Jive
  6. Better
  7. Estranged
  8. Live & Let Die 
  9. Rocket Queen
  10. You Could Be Mine
  11. Attitude/New Rose -> Slither (Duff on Lead Vocals)
  12. This I Love ->Think About You
  13. Prostitute/There Was A Time -> Only Prostitute
  14. Civil War
  15. Yesterdays
  16. Coma 
  17. Jam/The Godfather
  18. Sweet Child O' Mine
  19. Wichita Lineman -> Dead Horse
  20. Used to Love Her -> Full Acoustic
  21. Patience (Full Acoustic)
  22. You're Crazy (Either version)
  23. My Michelle
  24. Wish You Were Here/Layla
  25. November Rain
  26. Black Hole Sun
  27. Knockin' on Heaven's Door
  28. Nightrain

Encore:

1. Whole Lotta Rosie
  2. Don't Cry
  3. Madagascar
  4. Out Ta Get Me
  5. The Seeker -> Locomotive
  6. Paradise City

Tried to leave everything sort of where it currently is, I personally would hope for some reorganising, however with what we currently have i feel like the bolded additions/changes would make for a improved show. Encore opening with Rosie adds to the energy, id prefer locomotive however i feel casuals would be less excited so hit em hard with rosie to open the encore

Edited by The Dissident
  • Like 1

Are you kidding, right? If I listen to Guns N Roses songs basically every day since I was 13 years old and today I'm close to 40 why would not I go 1 or 2 times a year to see them play live these songs that I love so much? I use to put my CDs on “repeat mode..IDK, these songs are not disposable guys! :blink:

Edited by Derick