If 2018 Setlists are the Same as Now, Will You Still Go?

Will you still go?  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Natty said:

well maybe in summer 2018 they change their opinion and drop some cd songs... hope s up ;)

if I could choose 2 songs instead of cd songs I' d suggest "dont damn me" and "14 years" or "dust n bones" or if they want to do another cover then "Mama Kin" instead of "rosie" 

4 hours ago, Natty said:

if I could choose 2 songs instead of cd songs I' d suggest "dont damn me" and "14 years" or "dust n bones" or if they want to do another cover then "Mama Kin" instead of "rosie" 

All valid choices... Would love to see Mama Kin as a cover too.   Wouldn't be nearly as cool seeing Dust N' Bones without Izzy, but I am sure Duff could do the vocals justice..   

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

All valid choices... Would love to see Mama Kin as a cover too.   Wouldn't be nearly as cool seeing Dust N' Bones without Izzy, but I am sure Duff could do the vocals justice..   

of course he can. I love Duff s "attitude". duff s voice is cool. I like "so fine" much and "believe in me" is a cool song too.

I suppose we will see Izzy maximum as a guest like steven in the us dates and argentina.. sad but true.

man what would it cost them to split the loot and  have izzy and steven on board...please let steven play again and not just 2 songs. Frank has never had a serious band/ artist who hired him before Axl did. he just doesn t fit. 

• Like 1

Yes due too mainly being this could be last time we see them again also its like this 1st time since the 90s they on tour its not like they have been toiring for years MAKE THE MOST OF THIS Goth couod be last ever EU show im gutted not abke too go its my bday & got other plans booked ill defo be doing 1 show for me its about travelling meeting new people  new country new venue etc i love all aspects of it 

Been DL once in 2010 for DC BI tour wasnt fust on DL its self they must b being paid mega £££££££££ too not do other UK dates 

People saying about new music unless its ready too drop Axl wount be working on it with his 6 month off hes well needing a rest been on road since May 7th Liiiiiiiisbon & hes not getting any younget 

On 11/15/2017 at 11:49 AM, deedee77 said:

I probably won't go to a show which is a copy of a copy from show in 1992. 

I wish it was a copy and paste of the 92 setlists!

4 hours ago, iftheworld said:

I'd like to them open with Pretty Tied Up and have Attitude replaced with So Fine. But all in all, yes, I would go again in a heartbeat. 

Both would be cool changes. As long as Pretty Tied up isn't at the expense of a classic Guns tune. Drop a CD song or a cover.

Given I had zero intention of ever seeing them again but then decided to make a drunken purchase and decided to see them in LA on November 25th I can't really see myself seeing them ever again regardless of what they do unless they happen to be playing a city that I'm already in at the time. As it stands I need to fly to see them no matter where they play so that's not likely gonna happen again. I've learned to never say never but let's be real. I was all but done and then this one off idea came up while having drinks with  a buddy who has never seen  them and  wanted to. We had a few pops, bought tickets on whim. Now how do you top Saturday night in Los Angeles, their home town? I mean it's not like flying to Edmonton or Chicago is gonna be any cooler now so I think this is actually it for me. 

• Like 1

I don't think about it one second. They weren't there for almost 25 years, while all the time I wished I could see them reuniting some day. It would be paradox not to go :wow:.

They play a three and a half hour shows with all their hits, some deep cuts and some covers. I don't necessarily need all these covers and the CD songs, but with a few exceptions they already play all songs I want to hear.

Arguing not to go because it's the same set... I don't know... when I put on AFD I expect AFD and not some other songs. After all these years it's still the same record but it's what I love so I keep put it on from time to time.

On 12-11-2017 at 11:37 AM, ChristmasFnatic said:

Say, the first few shows of 2018 is similar as the setlists we have now, will you still watch them, or will you hold off until theres something different?

Not going unless something changes. It was awesome, I enjoyed myself a lot, it was great to fincally see the two people that got me into rock music together on stage, but now it's time for something new. It's starting to feel cash-grabby now. And, depite that it was really good, it wasn't that good that I need to go again asap. 

Ps. 

Is the last poll option for people who like Dizzy Reed, or is it meant to be read as "I'm Dizzy Reed so I pretty much have to go".

Edited by username
  • Haha 1

I’m going because last year was a blast and because I hope the sound will be better at Ullevi stadium. I really hope they keep madagascar, prostitute and twat in the set. And someday I want to hear shacklers and catcher. 

The only thing off the illusions I would like to see added to the set someday is bad obsession and perfect Crime.

2 hours ago, username said:

Is the last poll option for people who like Dizzy Reed, or is it meant to be read as "I'm Dizzy Reed so I pretty much have to go".

If that is the case, then there are a lot of schizophrenic people on this forum. My dad is schizophrenic but he is only interesting people... I remember the time that he thought he was Napoleon... that was a fun summer.

It would be wrong not to go, because everything has to end at some point and you'd be cheating yourself if you said "this might be the last opportunity, but I'd rather watch Netflix."

I just keep getting cheaper and cheaper seats. I don't need to be in the pit or on the floor at this point.

I'm using it as an excuse to see a new country. No real interest in the guns show TBH (unless they change it up... Unlikely) but getting to see a bit of Norway? That's fun! and the cherry on top will be a nice rock show, whether it's the same old, same old or not. plus my friend suckered me in to getting tickets after having a few drinks, so I'm going now😂

13 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

they could mix a lot of things up but they just don't want to do it

That would be the easiest option, but they could also write and record some new songs, or work on those already written.

I guess Axl's angry at previous material being released early, or thinks everyone's gonna listen to it free, which is against his principles - which are correct from a working man's point of view. 

They are making a lot of money from the live shows though, so Axl could give a little extra back, although he probably rightly thinks they give value for money at the shows. 

Previous material being released early also takes away the elements of surprise and control, that seem important to Axl, trying to be innovative and spontaneous with his live performances; and sometimes resulting in being late or awol; and trying to keep his life and Guns on track during others' severe heroin problems.