The first half of 2018

What do you think will happen during the first half of 2018?

Do you think it's a coincidence that the second european leg will not start until June?

I think that there is enough space for three or four months of touring with AC/DC and SMKC.

Edited by Sosso

SMKC seem very likely - maybe with an album?  Cant recall how close to finishing the album they are?  Single at least if they tour I bet.

I dont know much about how AC DC operates but seems like a lot of tickets to sell in a short time, having not announced it yet?

I for one would love it if Guns recorded during this time.

22 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

I think the European tour is in the summer because they've organised it around the festival slots they were offered

But they could also play some concerts before June. I think that we will see AC/DC in the first half and GN'R in the second half of 2018. That year will be a second 2016

Edited by Sosso

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

But they could also play some concerts before June. I think that we will see AC/DC in the first half and GN'R in the second half of 2018. That year will be a second 2016

Cant see ACDC just randomly touring for a few months. Its a big machine to get going when a band is that big, as with GNR it's not worthwhile for 20 odd shows. Once the beast is awaking that's them on the road for years.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Cant see ACDC just randomly touring for a few months. Its a big machine to get going when a band is that big, as with GNR it's not worthwhile for 20 odd shows. Once the beast is awaking that's them on the road for years.

Who knows. It would allow Angus to take some breaks between the different legs.

here's my guess:

December: everyone rests for the holidays.

January-April: Slash records SMKC 3, Axl records with Angus, Duff records with that new supergroup of his (can't remember the name right now), and the other members each work on their own side projects as well (I think dizzy already announced some solo shows).

May: GNR regroups for rehearsals.

June-July: Euro leg 2 (im expecting more dates to be announced).

August or September: Asia and Oceania leg 2 (most likely the end of the NITL tour since by that point they would've already been to each region of the world twice).

Fall 2018: SMKC 3 and Axl/DC album are released, promoted, and toured in support of until sometime in 2019.

After that, it's anyone's guess what'll happen. A new GNR album would be the best thing, but I think Axl should take full advantage of the AC/DC opportunity first. That would be the ideal, imo at least. 

EDIT: wait I almost forgot that Myles Kennedy is apparently planning to release two solo albums as soon as he can. That kinda throws a monkey wrench into the SMKC side of my theory. Oh well. We'll just have to wait and see what happens, I guess.

Edited by rocknroll41

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

here's my guess:

December: everyone rests for the holidays.

January-April: Slash records SMKC 3, Axl records with Angus, Duff records with that new supergroup of his (can't remember the name right now), and the other members each work on their own side projects as well (I think dizzy already announced some solo shows).

May: GNR regroups for rehearsals.

June-July: Euro leg 2 (im expecting more dates to be announced).

August or September: Asia and Oceania leg 2 (most likely the end of the NITL tour since by that point they would've already been to each region of the world twice).

Fall 2018: SMKC 3 and Axl/DC album are released, promoted, and toured in support of until sometime in 2019.

After that, it's anyone's guess what'll happen. A new GNR album would be the best thing, but I think Axl should take full advantage of the AC/DC opportunity first. That would be the ideal, imo at least. 

EDIT: wait I almost forgot that Myles Kennedy is apparently planning to release two solo albums as soon as he can. That kinda throws a monkey wrench into the SMKC side of my theory. Oh well. We'll just have to wait and see what happens, I guess.

I wouldn't wanna hear a new Slash Album with Myles anyway. A second Slash & Friends would be nice.

• Thanks 1

Hopefully they just rest and record. And I  don't care whether it's Axl /dc, smkc or gnr. (gnr recording would be wishful thinking given Axl's productivity history). 

I hope they don't keep on touring after the new dates as without a product they are turning into a nostalgic band as opposed to a relevant rock band which is becoming rare on the charts today

• Like 1

Axls going too dp nothing but rest hes not going too just start recording with DC mid massive world  tour really dont know people think this either hes had very little rest since May 7th Liiiiiisbon.

Would NOT be suprised if EU gets a few Arena shows then S.A they fcukimg love it down there. Haha

Edited by Gavin82