The first half of 2018

Anybody who thinks Axl can end this leg with GNR and go on to play with Angus hasn't been listening to him sing for the past 6 months. He is in no shape to perform AC/DC songs at this point and what he should (and probably will) do is rest and nurse the shit out of his voice.

2 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

Axls going too dp nothing but rest hes not going too just start recording with DC mid massive world  tour really dont know people think this either hes had very little rest since May 7th Liiiiiisbon.

Would NOT be suprised if EU gets a few Arena shows then S.A they fcukimg love it down there. Haha

Ya, Fall arena shows or start of 2019 at latest for UK and Europe, for sure ! They're not gonna miss out doing Arena shows ...plus a huge GNR reunion only playing a couple stadium shows in London and One festival in one of the biggest 

markets - The UK ! 
Axl with NuGNR always did 10 or so arena gigs in the past. Surely Axl needs to visit his "2nd home" in Scotland ! 
So that tells me, 15-20 arena dates in time for Christmas is likely !

On 12/11/2017 at 1:44 PM, Sosso said:

What do you think will happen during the first half of 2018?

Do you think it's a coincidence that the second european leg will not start until June?

I think that there is enough space for three or four months of touring with AC/DC and SMKC.

axls band is actually releasing a new album in November 31th so first half of 2018 will be all promo tour (east and west coast), interviews, recording some videos with helicopters at rooftops and dolphins at big cargo ships and all things considered this that and the other

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Original said:

Wonder if anyone in Guns even knows the plan... Or are they just winging it? 

I've wondered that myself...I bet the musicians are just given the schedule once the promoters and the lawyers sign those show commitment contracts.

They are probably all operating like hired-guns at this point.

Who is really steering this Cash Cruise Loot Liner anyway?  Lawyers. Managers. Promoters. Scumbags.

• Like 1

In a perfect world they would have had already written enough songs for a new record in between the prior legs, so that they could record and finishing it until May. Sad the world is not perfect.

I hope Slash finishes SMKC 3 but I don't think he will release it before he has enough time to tour it. Again... sadly! New music should be the main focus.

3 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

In a perfect world they would have had already written enough songs for a new record in between the prior legs, so that they could record and finishing it until May. Sad the world is not perfect.

I hope Slash finishes SMKC 3 but I don't think he will release it before he has enough time to tour it. Again... sadly! New music should be the main focus.

I'm thinking Slash is using this giant tour to gather as many ideas as possible to pick from, sort of offsetting the fact he's not putting out an album during all this time. Since if they do decide to make an album he would want it to be very fucking good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I'm thinking Slash is using this giant tour to gather as many ideas as possible to pick from, sort of offsetting the fact he's not putting out an album during all this time. Since if they do decide to make an album he would want it to be very fucking good.

Maybe. Otherwise the album was already ready to record. What will happen to the songs that will not make the final cut?

Usually he writes the songs on the road and he tours for about a year, right?

He had another 1 and a half years to come up with more shit to pick from. In theory that's another 1 and a half records. I don't know if he says he won't release the weaker songs. I doubt he's the kind of guy saying I'll just pick 12 out of the 30 songs I wrote. I don't know.

That's a tough call IMO.

It depends on Myles also. Will he find the time to write lyrics and record his vocals at all? 

Or are you talking about a new GNR record? 

Edited by Free Bird

18 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Maybe. Otherwise the album was already ready to record. What will happen to the songs that will not make the final cut?

Usually he writes the songs on the road and he tours for about a year, right?

He had another 1 and a half years to come up with more shit to pick from. In theory that's another 1 and a half records. I don't know if he says he won't release the weaker songs. I doubt he's the kind of guy saying I'll just pick 12 out of the 30 songs I wrote. I don't know.

That's a tough call IMO.

It depends on Myles also. Will he find the time to write lyrics and record his vocals at all? 

Or are you talking about a new GNR record? 

I was talking for GNR. The SMKC stuff is ready to go

22 hours ago, Original said:

Wonder if anyone in Guns even knows the plan... Or are they just winging it? 

I think they were all winging it for quite a while, but in recent months, they'll have at the very least a rough sketch of a plan.  

I believe Duff when he said that nobody thought much beyond Coachella, even though that seems rather idiotic to the rest of us (biggest reunion of a rock band in decades and you don't have a plan beyond a festival show? OK.).  I don't think any of them thought it would go so well.  

Despite being a bit of a shambles, they do need to have some idea of future plans to tell all the various people orbiting the GNR planet, so that their plans can be made and diaries synchronised i.e. Duff's various bands, Slash's band, probably Angus will be squeezed in there somewhere.  Myles said that he has to plan 3 years in advance due to GNR.  I doubt much is set in stone, but probably penciled in. Fingers crossed that Record New GNR Album is written in someone's diary! :lol:

Lol@people thinking Axl will use his downtime to do anything productive. Have you only just started following this band or something!???

He will do what he did during every single bit of downtime he's had over the last decade, which is precisely jack shit.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

TB aint used to working this hard and certainly not with such high pressure external accountability.  Forget Axl, TB is gonna take some time off.  They'll rent him a model or two and send him to a guru in the mountains if need be :lol:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, EvanG said:

It's a shame he only released two albums in the 90s, though.

Well he didn't have a band (the first Snakepit was a side project); he would have released another album with Guns but Rose was destroying the band at that time. Then he left and still didn't have a band. One needed to be formed. 

He did have a million guest appearances. 

3 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I think they were all winging it for quite a while, but in recent months, they'll have at the very least a rough sketch of a plan.  

I believe Duff when he said that nobody thought much beyond Coachella, even though that seems rather idiotic to the rest of us (biggest reunion of a rock band in decades and you don't have a plan beyond a festival show? OK.).  I don't think any of them thought it would go so well.  

Despite being a bit of a shambles, they do need to have some idea of future plans to tell all the various people orbiting the GNR planet, so that their plans can be made and diaries synchronised i.e. Duff's various bands, Slash's band, probably Angus will be squeezed in there somewhere.  Myles said that he has to plan 3 years in advance due to GNR.  I doubt much is set in stone, but probably penciled in. Fingers crossed that Record New GNR Album is written in someone's diary! :lol:

Actually, GNR wouldn't have been the only band to think of reuniting for a festival and not doing anything else if they had gone that route.

Pink Floyd did it in 2005 for Live 8. They only reunited for that show. Led Zeppelin reunited for one show in 2007. 

It's not that idiotic to not plan for a reunion for one show and then call it quits. It has happened before with famous bands. 

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well he didn't have a band (the first Snakepit was a side project); he would have released another album with Guns but Rose was destroying the band at that time. Then he left and still didn't have a band. One needed to be formed. 

I think the "problem" was he decided to put together Blues Ball and spend some time playing covers instead of making a serious band and writing songs in the late 90's. Still, he could have released one more album as much back then, what's happening now is worse. We could be close to getting SMKC 4 if it weren't for the reunion, now we're still waiting for SMKC 3.

• Like 1

Legitimate question: not trying to troll or am joking: if Axl’s voice is legitimately shot as he’s been having issues with high notes as of late, will Axl/DC even remain as a legitimate possibility for the first half of 2018? I don’t think Angus would be interested in Axl if his signature voice was shot. 

6 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I think the "problem" was he decided to put together Blues Ball and spend some time playing covers instead of making a serious band and writing songs in the late 90's. Still, he could have released one more album as much back then, what's happening now is worse. We could be close to getting SMKC 4 if it weren't for the reunion, now we're still waiting for SMKC 3.

A Blues Ball studio album could have been really good though I'm not the biggest fan of cover albums 

10 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I heard he was using that time to "ride around in limos or jam with Snoop Dogg or whoeverthefuck" :lol:

Slash?

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes, and he was busy doing a lot of drugs, but still... in the 90s he should have peaked as a songwriter and be at the top of his career, so then only two albums in ten years seems unfortunate.

11 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Yes, and he was busy doing a lot of drugs, but still... in the 90s he should have peaked as a songwriter and be at the top of his career, so then only two albums in ten years seems unfortunate.

I do not agree. His output of original material for the whole 1990s - Guns N' Roses, Snakepit - consists of four compact discs of recorded music as the second Snakepit album was recorded 1999. That works out at one album per two and a half years which is analogous to his 2000-10s output. Considering the circumstances; the protracted demise of Guns N' Roses; the formation  of Snakepit twice; Blues Ball as a sort of stop gap measure; I would say that is a fairly good innings. Throw on top of that tours and a plethora of guest appearances.

In comparison, Rose released nothing for the remainder of the 1990s following Illusion, one album in the 00s, and is approaching the end of the 10s with nothing to show for his troubles! 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do not agree. His output of original material for the whole 1990s - Guns N' Roses, Snakepit - consists of four compact discs of recorded music as the second Snakepit album was recorded 1999. That works out at one album per two and a half years which is analogous to his 2000-10s output. Considering the circumstances; the protracted demise of Guns N' Roses; the formation  of Snakepit twice; Blues Ball as a sort of stop gap measure; I would say that is a fairly good innings. Throw on top of that tours and a plethora of guest appearances.

In comparison, Rose released nothing for the remainder of the 1990s following Illusion, one album in the 00s, and is approaching the end of the 10s with nothing to show for his troubles! 

Rose is an artist. Slash isn't. Every synth layer and bleep was meticulously crafted in the studio - sometimes, several thousand times to ensure that it met his high standards. The most elite bleep experts in the world were flown in on private jets to ensure that Chinese Democracy had the most authentic and state of the art bleeps in the world. Axl has spent the last decade working on a single bleep for the remix of Madagascar.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1