Jump to content
Sosso

The first half of 2018

Recommended Posts

On 12.11.2017 at 9:27 PM, Axl_morris said:

Cant see ACDC just randomly touring for a few months. Its a big machine to get going when a band is that big, as with GNR it's not worthwhile for 20 odd shows. Once the beast is awaking that's them on the road for years.

No way AC/DC is touring in 2018. They don`t work like that. They always have rather big breaks between their tours and they will put out a new album for sure first. Maybe we are lucky and we get a new Guns album :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Rose is an artist. Slash isn't. Every synth layer and bleep was meticulously crafted in the studio - sometimes, several thousand times to ensure that it met his high standards. The most elite bleep experts in the world were flown in on private jets to ensure that Chinese Democracy had the most authentic and state of the art bleeps in the world. Axl has spent the last decade working on a single bleep for the remix of Madagascar.

Please don't Forget the sub-bass layers by Chris Pitman. Without them, the album would not be bassy enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Please don't Forget the sub-bass layers by Chris Pitman. Without them, the album would not be bassy enough

Without Chris Pitman, there would be no Guns n' Roses. - W. Axl Rose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, I was just making reference to Axl's rant about Slash & Duff from Albany 2002.

Didn't know about that. Was it the rant where he talked about getting them work on NR and Estranged?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Didn't know about that. Was it the rant where he talked about getting them work on NR and Estranged?

Yeah. There's a part where he's like "they didn't wanna be here for you at this level. They wanna ride around in limos and jam with Snoop Dogg or whoeverthefuck". Maybe not a direct quote but it's something like that. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "ride around in limos" criticism is a weird one given the Estranged video...:shrugs:

Here's another version of the above clip where someone screams "HOMO" @ Axl 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do not agree. His output of original material for the whole 1990s - Guns N' Roses, Snakepit - consists of four compact discs of recorded music as the second Snakepit album was recorded 1999. That works out at one album per two and a half years which is analogous to his 2000-10s output. Considering the circumstances; the protracted demise of Guns N' Roses; the formation  of Snakepit twice; Blues Ball as a sort of stop gap measure; I would say that is a fairly good innings. Throw on top of that tours and a plethora of guest appearances.

In comparison, Rose released nothing for the remainder of the 1990s following Illusion, one album in the 00s, and is approaching the end of the 10s with nothing to show for his troubles! 

I guess you can put that spin on it. I'm not making the argument that he wasted most of the decade like his new BFF, but considering he was young, still at the beginning of his career, and maybe the most famous guitar player around, I can't say that releasing two albums worth of original songs in one decade would qualify as a lot. But I get what you're saying and being a junkie for several of those years didn't help him being more productive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, RONIN said:

The "ride around in limos" criticism is a weird one given the Estranged video...:shrugs:

Oh I agree. It's definitely a pot-kettle-black situation in many regards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Oh I agree. It's definitely a pot-kettle-black situation in many regards.

"You been ripping the fuckin kids of their hard earned money"

I paid £170 for a gold circle ticket.

Actually just remembered, $300 for those pits tickets on this arena tour.

 

 

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, EvanG said:

I guess you can put that spin on it. I'm not making the argument that he wasted most of the decade like his new BFF, but considering he was young, still at the beginning of his career, and maybe the most famous guitar player around, I can't say that releasing two albums worth of original songs in one decade would qualify as a lot. But I get what you're saying and being a junkie for several of those years didn't help him being more productive. 

Well 4/5 of Guns were either junkies or alcoholics and they put out Appetite, Lies and Illusion! As Keith Richards said, ''when I was on heroin I made Exile and learnt how to ski''. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well 4/5 of Guns were either junkies or alcoholics and they put out Appetite, Lies and Illusion! As Keith Richards said, ''when I was on heroin I made Exile and learnt how to ski''. 

Richards is from another planet. It's beyond anyone how that guy is still alive, and better yet, still playing. Most people aren't very productive when they're on dope.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think axl and slash are stuck together now. Who wants to hear Myles sing sweet child anymore after the reunion and who wants to see a new lead player in slashs place? I also don't think we'll hear axl on a new record till after he's dead sadly

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Oh I agree. It's definitely a pot-kettle-black situation in many regards.

I bet this very tour is a separate limo job like the stones, the way they exit the venue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Free Bird said:

IMO most of the best records in hystory were made during drug abuse by their writers 

Well, there's a difference in recreational drug use and being a fucking junkie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Tucknroll said:

I think axl and slash are stuck together now. Who wants to hear Myles sing sweet child anymore after the reunion and who wants to see a new lead player in slashs place? I also don't think we'll hear axl on a new record till after he's dead sadly

Each one is the other's meal ticket. They probably realize that now. 23 years worth of lost income - they left millions on the table. Axl would easily be one of the top 5 wealthiest musicians in the world had he just kept the band active with the original lineup. 

  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Each one is the other's meal ticket. They probably realize that now. 23 years worth of lost income - they left millions on the table. Axl would easily be one of the top 5 wealthiest musicians in the world had he just kept the band active with the original lineup. 

Incorrect.

Scarcity principle.

The feud only solidified the GN'R mythos of dysfunctional rock n' roll bad boys which increased demand and inflated the brand's value.

It's fun to play alternate universes but if you put insane megalomaniac and dishonest drunkard into a computer simulator, same shit comes out the other end.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RONIN said:

Each one is the other's meal ticket. They probably realize that now. 23 years worth of lost income - they left millions on the table. Axl would easily be one of the top 5 wealthiest musicians in the world had he just kept the band active with the original lineup. 

They could just as easily have released a below expectations record and faded away during the period with so many other good bands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the same old shit will just keep happening. We won't see any more material unless it's SFMC or walking papers or something. I wish there was a new gnr album but unfortunately aliens would attack earth before axl would decide to release more new music

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×