RTB produced Madagascar leaked?

I like the drums on it, the electronic kit, especially the snare hits, have a harder hit to them and give the song a better groove in contrast to the album version and previous leaks of it

Overall it has always been a "meh" song for me though

I don't know if this is RTB's, but whoever worked on it has done a great job.  This is a very different beast to the album version; very dense, contained, powerful. The sample quotes have more impact and are more in the foreground (if that's the right word?).  What's that noise that looms over everything from time to time, like a distorted guitar?  It made me think of Doctor Who - I love it.  

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

oooo whoops! Ya, I interviewed Barry Ainsworth who engineered Queen's "A Night At the Opera" amongst Deep Purple and many other things ...
He talked about how dedicated Roy was and how he would fight a lot with the artists for his creative vision ! 
Can see why he didn't last long with Axl, although I'm sure the Queen connection got Axl excited ! Shame! He's extremely good

at what he does...I'd love to get a Chi-Dem boxset of all the different producers works and a documentary or book about it all...
there must be 100s of versions of some songs, I'd imagine !
So when May came and did some sessions in 1999, was Roy onboard then? 

5 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

oooo whoops! Ya, I interviewed Barry Ainsworth who engineered Queen's "A Night At the Opera" amongst Deep Purple and many other things ...
He talked about how dedicated Roy was and how he would fight a lot with the artists for his creative vision ! 
Can see why he didn't last long with Axl, although I'm sure the Queen connection got Axl excited ! Shame! He's extremely good

at what he does...I'd love to get a Chi-Dem boxset of all the different producers works and a documentary or book about it all...

No I'm pretty sure Sean Beaven was still the producer until 2000.

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

Also just a note, didn't Axl re-record the vocals to Madagascar later on  being more tired gruff sounding and older? 
The same vocals at the start here aren't from 2001 era? Or am I imagining this? 

Yeah, Axl definitely re-recorded the vocals for Maddy. Not sure when Axl recorded them but these aren't the same vocals as the early leaks. I remember some guy posting saying he heard this version playing in LA somewhere before the track leaked. Those days were awesome.

I really like the newer vocals, but as a whole the raw original leaks were miles ahead of the finished versions. Especially 'The Blues'. The album version was terrible by comparison. 

• Like 1

Just now, zombux said:

no, he joined the process in April 2000, until February 2002.

Surprised he lasted 2 years !
But I'd love to hear his FULL version of the album, it's honestly probably the best version...
He's a hugely talented producer, so experienced ! Hopefully whoever leaked this, leaks the rest...

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

There's an informative chat about all that here if you're interested:

• Like 1

Very cool - thanks for posting!  I like this version.  It would drive me mad to have all these versions to choose from to make an album.  

Gets me wondering about the electronic drums on CD: do we know what percent of electronic beats are played live on conventional acoustic kit and then processed, what percent are completely electronic and whether those or played on percussive pads or simply programmed?

5 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

Yeah, Axl definitely re-recorded the vocals for Maddy. Not sure when Axl recorded them but these aren't the same vocals as the early leaks. I remember some guy posting saying he heard this version playing in LA somewhere before the track leaked. Those days were awesome.

I really like the newer vocals, but as a whole the raw original leaks were miles ahead of the finished versions. Especially 'The Blues'. The album version was terrible by comparison. 

its the same vocals, the pitch was just adjusted. 

Just now, colonizedmind said:

Ya...Axl plays acoustic on this...
Also, no chance this is fanmade with the help of the Rock Band multis? It sounds pretty darn cool, actually makes Maddy a better track, for me !

Zero chance its fan made, since the rock band multis did not have the media clips in them and they are way higher in this mix.  

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

I thought the raspy vocals were post-2006?

Same...He definitely recorded last vocals in 2007, right? 

Just now, gnfnr2k said:

Zero chance its fan made, since the rock band multis did not have the media clips in them and they are way higher in this mix.  

Ok, cool ! So the person who uploaded this, is claiming RTB? If so, I'd believe that...
They probably have more too...Anyone that has all those C.D era things, may as well, leak in a post reunion world...
I'd don't see why to keep ahold now?

• Thanks 1