RTB produced Madagascar leaked?

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I thought the vocals were pre-2006, Better was rumored to be from around 2004 so I always figured the Maddy vocals were (re)done around then. Either way, listening to this is weird... it honestly sounds like a fan-made remix. There's some cool details but overall it's not that good...

yes, this is more like a work-in-progress version, which in fact this really is. probably a good example of why ChiDem wasn't released in 2001 - because the songs sounded "unfinished" in some way. maybe.

13 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Ya...Axl plays acoustic on this...
Also, no chance this is fanmade with the help of the Rock Band multis? It sounds pretty darn cool, actually makes Maddy a better track, for me !

Well, we can't say with confidence if it was Axl or Tobias.  I'd love to know though.  There doesn't seem to be any clear video or audio of either of them playing.  

1 minute ago, zombux said:

yes, this is more like a work-in-progress version, which in fact this really is. probably a good example of why ChiDem wasn't released in 2001 - because the songs sounded "unfinished" in some way. maybe.

Its a rough cut like those UYI rough cuts that are pretty close to what the album version was like with just more over polish and masterting.

Just now, gnfnr2k said:

Its a rough cut like those UYI rough cuts that are pretty close to what the album version was like with just more over polish and masterting.

yup, reminds the Axl's Advance Copy, Mixes with Q-Sound and similar stuff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zombux said:

Yea, definitely sounds unfinished. The shift from the intro into the first chorus is odd, the drums just come in suddenly, and there's weird mixing all over this track, especially guitar-wise. It sounds pretty odd around the 2:00 mark. The vocals and drums are clearer in some spots though, this version has it's pro's but is overall worse than the other demos or album version...

12 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

you know youre desperate for news from your favorite band when the hot topic is a leaked version of a shitty song that came out almost 10 years ago... personally i dont feel compelled to listen to it at all. maybe if it was a new version with slash

Yes, we are desperate. 10 years without anything, ANYTHING, but leaks. This is gold.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ifdworld said:

the vocals are different from the take we have on cd for sure. i think this version sounds more organic and less pro tooly. i think this one with good guitars could've been the way to go... just needs a lil work on that area.

The vocals are the same, like I said in the CD version they just cleaned them up via pro tools and also adjusted the pitch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, itsprettytiedup said:

Yes, we are desperate. 10 years without anything, ANYTHING, but leaks. This is gold.

to correct you - in the last 9 years (that is, since ChiDem was released), we only got one song (Going Down), a few remixes and this one old mix. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

you know youre desperate for news from your favorite band when the hot topic is a leaked version of a shitty song that came out almost 10 years ago... personally i dont feel compelled to listen to it at all. maybe if it was a new version with slash

You're welcome.

28 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

What message board?

Steve Hoffman's.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

I still think the final versions a lot better. I miss the guitar leads in this. Still, cool to have!

yes it is, it sounds much more complete. altough the mix is weird, it lacks something I can't really define and I think it was there only in the beginnings or maybe never. that's why I've never really liked the song - I've always been sort of okay with it, but never fell in love with it. 

10 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

The vocals are the same, like I said in the CD version they just cleaned them up via pro tools and also adjusted the pitch.

you re right, just heard the original again, same track dif mix. but the vocals sound much cleaner though

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I still think the final versions a lot better. I miss the guitar leads in this. Still, cool to have!

Agree. I've yet to hear any CD demo that I prefer over the final version.  The exception might be Riad but even then, I love the album version just as much.  

Just now, Ifdworld said:

you re right, just heard the original again, same track dif mix. but the vocals sound much cleaner though

yeah this new leak its not as touched up and less processed.  

1 minute ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Agree. I've yet to hear any CD demo that I prefer over the final version.  The exception might be Riad but even then, I love the album version just as much.  

You like the CITR CD version over the demo with Brian May?

Sounds like a fan fake to me but I could be wrong. I only listened on my phone but it sounds like a fan remix of the Rock Band files. Seems like the same studio vocals to me, just slightly manipulated so they sound different enough. New guitar work is probably whomever made the remix. 

Again, I could be wrong. My guesses are just from one low volume listen to through a cell phone. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

Sounds like a fan fake to me but I could be wrong. I only listened on my phone but it sounds like a fan remix of the Rock Band files. Seems like the same studio vocals to me, just slightly manipulated so they sound different enough. New guitar work is probably whomever made the remix. 

Again, I could be wrong. My guesses are just from one low volume listen to through a cell phone. 

I really have no idea ,but I figured it was worth posting here anyways.

• Like 1