RTB produced Madagascar leaked?

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Sounds like a fan fake to me but I could be wrong. I only listened on my phone but it sounds like a fan remix of the Rock Band files. Seems like the same studio vocals to me, just slightly manipulated so they sound different enough. New guitar work is probably whomever made the remix. 

Again, I could be wrong. My guesses are just from one low volume listen to through a cell phone. 

the only thing against that theory is the solo in the middle with the media parts, those media clips were not in the rock band game, and the mix with that and the guitar solo levels are different, no way to get that on a fan edit.  The levels are totally different. And the media clips on this track seem much cleaner than any of the other mixes. 

Edited by gnfnr2k

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Sounds like a fan fake to me but I could be wrong. I only listened on my phone but it sounds like a fan remix of the Rock Band files. Seems like the same studio vocals to me, just slightly manipulated so they sound different enough. New guitar work is probably whomever made the remix. 

Again, I could be wrong. My guesses are just from one low volume listen to through a cell phone. 

it's legit, definitely not a remix of RB. also the year 2001 and the fact that it comes from RTB sessions is from the leaker.

Just now, Wagszilla said:

When you listen with proper headphones/speakers you'll hear that there are elements not present on the studio version / leaked Rock Band 2 files and professional production mixing (the outro being a dead give-away). 

Right on. I'd be happy to be wrong and I trust opinions of people like you :)

1 minute ago, zombux said:

it's legit, definitely not a remix of RB. also the year 2001 and the fact that it comes from RTB sessions is from the leaker.

Assuming it's real (again, my thoughts on why not were based off a low volume cell phone listen) I sure wish something else would leak instead. 

I'd love a studio version of the original version of The Blues for example 

• Like 1

My thoughts I already posted on another forum:

Ok, I gave another listen to that. Still can't understand how you guys like it better than any other versions we had. Buckethead's single chord wah rhythm is as dull as Slash's powerchord in the 2017 live rendition. And Paul Tobias' main riff is buried in the center channel mix.

IMO, there's absolutely no Robin in this version. And the drums reminded me of Josh Freese's tone in the other 1999 leaks.

That's why I think this could be from 2000. By that time the producer was Roy Thomas Baker indeed.

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'd love a studio version of the original version of The Blues for example 

I would love to hear this too, back when it was still called The Blues!  Axl said he didn't think The Blues suited the song anymore.  Just makes me wonder what changes it might have undergone for the title to no longer suit the song.

2 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

My thoughts I already posted on another forum:

Ok, I gave another listen to that. Still can't understand how you guys like it better than any other versions we had. Buckethead's single chord wah rhythm is as dull as Slash's powerchord in the 2017 live rendition. And Paul Tobias' main riff is buried in the center channel mix.

IMO, there's absolutely no Robin in this version. And the drums reminded me of Josh Freese's tone in the other 1999 leaks.

That's why I think this could be from 2000. By that time the producer was Roy Thomas Baker indeed.

It could be Robinless since when Robin left the first time and BH joined, BH redid all Robins parts, and Axl erased Robins parts.

So there are versions of these CD songs without Robin.  Like I said on the other forum, the lack of guitars make this version not as good as the others but the mix on this is way better than the album version.

Putting this alongside the 2000'ish Catcher, TWAT, IRS, OMG, the Checkmate clip and the 2001/2002 live versions of CD, Rhiad and The Blues, it once again re-affirms my belief that 2001 Chinese Democracy would have completely blown 2008 Chinese Democracy's bloated overproduced ass out of the water. 

If there's anybody out there leaking this shit, PLEASE share more! 

Edited by username
  • Like 3

Just now, username said:

Putting this alongside the 2000'ish Catcher, TWAT, IRS, OMG, the Checkmate clip and the 2001/2002 live versions of CD, Thiad and The Blues, it once again re-affirms my belief that 2001 Chinese Democracy would have completely blown 2008 Chinese Democracy's bloated overproduced ass out of the water. 

100% nailed on.

2 minutes ago, username said:

Putting this alongside the 2000'ish Catcher, TWAT, IRS, OMG, the Checkmate clip and the 2001/2002 live versions of CD, Rhiad and The Blues, it once again re-affirms my belief that 2001 Chinese Democracy would have completely blown 2008 Chinese Democracy's bloated overproduced ass out of the water. 

If there's anybody out there leaking this shit, PLEASE share more! 

Yep.  But I will forever hold the label responsible for that because Axl felt it was ready. 

19 minutes ago, zombux said:

And? Anyone can say whatever they want when they "leak" it - that doesn't necessarily make it true. 

Anyhow, the mod team has decided to remove the link because regardless, it could be troublesome to leave it up. Best case scenario and it's real - we'd get a C&D to remove it as we have with any other unfinished CD demos ever. Worst case scenario and it's a fan-made remix, and we still get a C&D because the vocals are apparently the same take as the album version, and we know the Rock Band files aren't fair game to post, so... :shrugs:

• Like 2

Just now, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Yep.  But I will forever hold the label responsible for that because Axl felt it was ready. 

From what I've heard he actually turned it in and it got rejected. I want to know more about that record though. Basically I want that record. 

A few years back Bruce Springsteen released The Ties That Bind. A The River boxset containing among other things the single-disc version of the album Bruce initially rejected himself because it wasn't what he wanted it to be yet. I want a similar thing for Chinese Democracy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, username said:

From what I've heard he actually turned it in and it got rejected. I want to know more about that record though. Basically I want that record. 

A few years back Bruce Springsteen released The Ties That Bind. A The River boxset containing among other things the single-disc version of the album Bruce initially rejected himself because it wasn't what he wanted it to be yet. I want a similar thing for Chinese Democracy. 

That was in 1999 not 2001/2002

the album that got rejected were the tracks that sounded like the TWAT and IRS 99 leaks

Edited by gnfnr2k
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Powerage5 said:

And? Anyone can say whatever they want when they "leak" it - that doesn't necessarily make it true. 

Anyhow, the mod team has decided to remove the link because regardless, it could be troublesome to leave it up. Best case scenario and it's real - we'd get a C&D to remove it as we have with any other unfinished CD demos ever. Worst case scenario and it's a fan-made remix, and we still get a C&D because the vocals are apparently the same take as the album version, and we know the Rock Band files aren't fair game to post, so... :shrugs:

As much as I understand this decision, I'm curious as to how the GnR team themselves feel about it these days. They seem to have stopped removing the IRS, Catcher and TWAT demo's and the Checkmate clip from YouTube. It'd be great if they'd let people know they're ok with these floating around. 

I've been saying it for years: Chinese Leftovers. A boxset of demos, alternate takes, and vault material covering 1999-2008, and house it in a chinese takeout container. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I would love to hear this too, back when it was still called The Blues!  Axl said he didn't think The Blues suited the song anymore.  Just makes me wonder what changes it might have undergone for the title to no longer suit the song.

Was it not as simple as he thought a song called The Blues should actually be a blues song and not a ballad? That's how I interpreted what he said

• Like 1

Just now, Powerage5 said:

I've been saying it for years: Chinese Leftovers. A boxset of demos, alternate takes, and vault material covering 1999-2008, and house it in a chinese takeout container. 

I think that's something we've been agreeing on for years! 

51axROL04IL.jpg 

• GNFNR 1

Just now, username said:

As much as I understand this decision, I'm curious as to how the GnR team themselves feel about it these days. They seem to have stopped removing the IRS, Catcher and TWAT demo's and the Checkmate clip from YouTube. It'd be great if they'd let people know they're ok with these floating around. 

Unfortunately I don't have an answer for that. The last round of leaks was in 2013, and they were still vehemently anti-leaks then. But nowadays who knows. Still better to be safe than sorry. 

My thing is that its rarely anyone actually associated with the artist that goes after these things. 

I bet Axl Rose himself would say "Who gives a shit" if someone were to bring it to him directly, ya know? 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Powerage5 said:

Unfortunately I don't have an answer for that. The last round of leaks was in 2013, and they were still vehemently anti-leaks then. But nowadays who knows. Still better to be safe than sorry. 

completely respect and understand your decision.

anyway, I don't think any of the leftovers will ever get released. I mean, that era is now gone, now it's just about milking the nostalgy thing and then retire for good. all the guys that had crucial inputs into ChiDem era are gone, some for a few years, some for almost two decades. 

plus since ChiDem, nothing has been released at all, and it's 9 years ago already. 

in my opinion, some "best of" or "live EP" with maybe even some re-recorded ChiDem song might still be realistic, but not anything from ChiDem era with the original musicians. 

Just now, Fashionista said:

I really want:

The original 1993/1994 version of TIL
The TIL Remix
All Sean Beaven era demos (1998-1999)
Full Silkworms

You give me those and I'll never ask for any other song, even new, from Axl again.

That, and the rest of the RTB stuff. But yeah, all the Beltrami stuff too. 

Only difference is that I'd prefer being in a fight with a rabid gorilla over having to listen to more of Silkworms. 

1 minute ago, zombux said:

completely respect and understand your decision.

anyway, I don't think any of the leftovers will ever get released. I mean, that era is now gone, now it's just about milking the nostalgy thing and then retire for good. all the guys that had crucial inputs into ChiDem era are gone, some for a few years, some for almost two decades. 

plus since ChiDem, nothing has been released at all, and it's 9 years ago already. 

in my opinion, some "best of" or "live EP" with maybe even some re-recorded ChiDem song might still be realistic, but not anything from ChiDem era with the original musicians. 

Given that everybody and their grandmothers are doing all sorts of box-set re-releases and what not these days, it's more realistic than you might think. 

• Haha 1

Given that everybody and their grandmothers are doing all sorts of box-set re-releases and what not these days, it's more realistic than you might think. 

"everybody and their grandmothers" are a normal bands which release stuff normally. that was never the case of GNR. 

• Like 1

That, and the rest of the RTB stuff. But yeah, all the Beltrami stuff too. 

Only difference is that I'd prefer being in a fight with a rabid gorilla over having to listen to more of Silkworms. 

I love Silkworms. But then again I prefer the industrial stuff Axl did after Slash to when he tried for a more traditional rock sound. The whole point of NuGNR was to get away from classic rock, wasn't it? 

• Like 1