RTB produced Madagascar leaked?

1 minute ago, zombux said:

"everybody and their grandmothers" are a normal bands which release stuff normally. that was never the case of GNR. 

True. But hey, tomorrow is the 10 year anniversary, here's to hoping.

1 minute ago, Fashionista said:

I love Silkworms. But then again I prefer the industrial stuff Axl did after Slash to when he tried for a more traditional rock sound. The whole point of NuGNR was to get away from classic rock, wasn't it? 

True. And I dig the sound too. In OMG anyway. Slikworms is just a shit song. 

1 minute ago, EvH said:

(a "like" was mandatory because Alison Brie anyway)

Yes. 

Just now, Fashionista said:

"That's Why They Call It the Blues" by Elton wasn't a blues song and the title worked.

Just have to say I love this song...

Just now, gnfnr2k said:

I thought Axl changed the title out of respect to Elton John because of his song thats why they call it the blues.

No, he said something along the lines of he wasn't 'comfortable with the title The Blues and that it didn't suit the song anymore' and that he changed it to SOD because some imagery he had in his head of....was it Hollywood walk of fame, or whatever that street is called, alluding to dreaming big...sorry, relying on my terrible memory.

26 minutes ago, CheapJon said:

Was it not as simple as he thought a song called The Blues should actually be a blues song and not a ballad? That's how I interpreted what he said

7 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

No, he said something along the lines of he wasn't 'comfortable with the title The Blues and that it didn't suit the song anymore' and that he changed it to SOD because some imagery he had in his head of....was it Hollywood walk of fame, or whatever that street is called, alluding to dreaming big...sorry, relying on my terrible memory.

Here is what he said:

The Blues was my first working title and I was never comfortable with it in the sense that I felt that should be used with a bluesier based song. And here in Hollywood with the walk of fame etc I had always seen that imagery in my head when I think of it. I also like the idea of the song having in affect two titles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zombux said:

completely respect and understand your decision.

anyway, I don't think any of the leftovers will ever get released. I mean, that era is now gone, now it's just about milking the nostalgy thing and then retire for good. all the guys that had crucial inputs into ChiDem era are gone, some for a few years, some for almost two decades. 

plus since ChiDem, nothing has been released at all, and it's 9 years ago already. 

in my opinion, some "best of" or "live EP" with maybe even some re-recorded ChiDem song might still be realistic, but not anything from ChiDem era with the original musicians. 

Never ever? Not even after Axl's gone! Some day they'll appear out , I'm sure not all copies are JUST in Axl's vault...I bet there's circulations of many of these outtakes, not everything but many...

as Axl was testing it ! 

1 hour ago, username said:

That, and the rest of the RTB stuff. But yeah, all the Beltrami stuff too. 

Only difference is that I'd prefer being in a fight with a rabid gorilla over having to listen to more of Silkworms. 

Given that everybody and their grandmothers are doing all sorts of box-set re-releases and what not these days, it's more realistic than you might think. 

Maybe a GNR anthology like the Kiss one will be around the corner in a few years and just like they play C.D tracks with Slash and Duff now...They would do the WHOLE history of GNR !
Ax ain't about to leave that bit of history out...So outtakes from all eras from 85 onwards ! That has a chance and would sell to both casual and hardcore fans of each era !
It's easy $$$ ...just gotta stick the mixes on a disc , do some decent packaging and some final mastering work and done ! 

Edited by colonizedmind

5 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Looks like I missed it before it was taken down. I guess WFA was right about a 2001 era song leaking. 

Question for the mods- why are Illusion and AFD demos permitted but the same isnt so for Chinese ?

Because we've never received C&D's over AFD and UYI demos. CD demos we have, every time they've leaked. I don't know why management (And you can't even pin this on TB - this goes all the way back to the Merck days) treats CD era demos differently, but they do. 

1 minute ago, Powerage5 said:

Because we've never received C&D's over AFD and UYI demos. CD demos we have, every time they've leaked. I don't know why management (And you can't even pin this on TB - this goes all the way back to the Merck days) treats CD era demos differently, but they do. 

If I had to guess, probably because Axl holds CD closer to his heart than the old recordings. Also, the older recordings have in some cases been circulating since the 80s haven't they? So it's kinda resignation/cats outta the bag/fuck it. But with CD, maybe he has plans for those demos. We don't know. Maybe those plans will never come to fruition. But maybe there's say...an unused lick here on Demo A he'd want to use on Song B, and now he feels he can't because the public has heard it. Also, the recording of CD seems to be a much more painful and emotional endeavor than the other albums' creation do...So, I would guess that's why he/TB/management don't like leaks of them.

3 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Perhaps they think the old era is a lost cause and highly circulated by this point and for a while, Axl had almost completely distanced himself from it...C.D was the "present" if you like and maybe

he did have plans to release some of them, or the possibility of a deluxe album was mooted....who knows. That's my rough thoughts   

Edited by colonizedmind

No idea if it's real or not, could be.

Still though to think 10 1/2 years after the first Madagascar leak there's still more. Honestly unless it's the 2002 version or 1999 version (or earlier) it's not that interesting to me. I say that, because it's really not that dramatically different. No way to tell if it's real or not (meaning fan mix).

Edited by AtariLegend

7 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Thanks for the reply. Makes no sense from their part unless they were planning on releasing them at some point like the old Zeppelin demos or so (lol right)

1 minute ago, AtariLegend said:

No idea if it's real or not, could be.

Still though to think 10 1/2 years after the first Madagascar leak there's still more. Honestly unless it's the 2002 version or 1999 version (or earlier) it's not that interesting to me. I say that, because it's really not that dramatically different. No way to tell if it's real or not (meaning fan mix) and even so it's just not that dramatically different.

i agree I only care about the 2002 and earlier stuff. Nothing after BH left, I dont wnat to hear Ron ruin the songs.

I would be curious to hear the album Axl turned in and got rejected in like 1999.  But I dont think any of those had BH.

Sounds incredibly different to what is likely a RTB produced snippet released in 2002 as promo. Especially considering that Robin Finck's leads/rhyrhm are no where to be found on this new leak.

0:16

Edited by Mendez

Just now, gnfnr2k said:

i agree I only care about the 2002 and earlier stuff. Nothing after BH left, I dont wnat to hear Ron ruin the songs.

I would be curious to hear the album Axl turned in and got rejected in like 1999.  But I dont think any of those had BH.

Bucket 2000-2004

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mendez said:

Sounds incredibly different to what this likely RTB produced snippet released in 2002 as promo. Especially considering that Robin Finck's leads/rhyrhm are no where to be found on this new leak.

Will it could be from 2000 or 2001 as he was there from 2000...There's bound to be multiple 100s of versions even

of the same tracks, as Axl struggled with labels, decisions and band members coming and going ! 
It's a hot mess that i'd love to pour over the control board, isolated and listened to it all ! 
How many producers turned in/ worked on this album again? 
5, 6, 7 ? 

Edited by colonizedmind

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

Will it could be from 2000 or 2001 as he was there from 2000...There's bound to be multiple 100s of versions even

of the same tracks, as Axl struggle with labels, decisions and band members coming and going ! 
It's a hot mess that i'd love to pour over the control board, isolated and listened to it all ! 
How many producers turned in/ worked on this album again? 
5, 6, 7 ? 

Robin was there from 1997 to 1999, left for a year, then rejoined sometime in 2000. Madagascar was first composed around August 1998.