RTB produced Madagascar leaked?

Sounds like a fan remix/cover. Same vocal take, some of the same elements, orchestra parts played through some synth program/app.

Not sure why anyone thinks this is a leak :shrugs:

I don't think Axl did any different vocal takes for songs that he'd already sang on from the Beavan era:

Sean Beavan: You know, it's funny. I thought, it came out 12 years after I did it or something, but I was surprised 'cause Roy Thomas Baker took over and then some other people were doing some stuff on it, and I figured there'd be nothing on there. It turns out almost every vocal track was a vocal track I did. 

1 minute ago, Amir said:

Sounds like a fan remix/cover. Same vocal take, some of the same elements, orchestra parts played through some synth program/app.

I don't think Axl did any different vocal takes for songs that he'd already sang on from the Beavan era:

For the people claiming its a fan remix, explain to me how its a fan remix when the guitar solo and the media clips in the middle are clearer than any other version. And like I said, the media clips were not in the rock band stems, so if a fan was going to make a remix he would have to use them from the CD version and that middle secetion is not like the CD version or any of the leaks

Pretty interesting...

One of the times I think that Axl’s tinkering and perfectionism actually helped the record as the guitar tracks are so much better in all of the leaks and album version.

Very cool to hear nonetheless - just can’t figure out if that is Freese or Brain!

Really hope this is the start of more of that era leaking - The Blues with the 2002 intro is definitely at the top of the wish list (excluding new music of course).

10 minutes ago, Amir said:

TIL was recorded in the Beavan era and yet we have two different vocal takes for it. Every song recorded by any artist usually has more than one vocal take. I don't see why CD would be any different. Axl's choice of takes were mostly recorded by Beavan though for quite a few songs - the booklet says so too.

7 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

For the people claiming its a fan remix, explain to me how its a fan remix when the guitar solo and the media clips in the middle are clearer than any other version. And like I said, the media clips were not in the rock band stems, so if a fan was going to make a remix he would have to use them from the CD version and that middle secetion is not like the CD version or any of the leaks

For the record, someone made the media clips portion years ago without any background music. I know because I used it to complete my remix of Madagascar when I remixed every song on the album. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

8 minutes ago, Fashionista said:

TIL was recorded in the Beavan era and yet we have two different vocal takes for it. Every song recorded by any artist usually has more than one vocal take. I don't see why CD would be any different. Axl's choice of takes were mostly recorded by Beavan though for quite a few songs - the booklet says so too.

Ok yes fair point. Where I was getting to with my comment about it being the same vocal ‘take’, I’m referring to it being the same vocal session. Appreciate you have bits of SOD and Riad that were added in (do not get me started on how pointless I think that tiny vocal change at the end of Riad is), but these vocals are clearly the same session as what ended up on every subsequent leak and then the album itself.

13 minutes ago, Fashionista said:

The second take of This I Love wasn’t recorded around that time...the second one that was leaked a few years ago was heavily speculated to be after 2006.

23 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Also how can anyone possibly think that it is a different vocal take? Clearly the same as album version as was always assumed.

Very easy.  When you know every song and each note in every song, you can tell. It is a different take. Plain and simple. It's way more raspy. Any normal person may thing it's the same, but it's not. Is it real? I have no idea, but it is a different vocal take, or maybe one without any effects or autotune.

1 hour ago, TheSeeker said:

The ending of this live version is really, really good - Axl goes high at the end (I think it's the only time he's done that)

That's how he could/should sing it now ! The first half is basically the same in 2017, which is nice (on a good night) but post the bridge like here, he should persist with the higher take on the outro...as it 

takes the song to a nice conclusion, instead of being sorta flat ! It has all that big build up with dramatic quotes etc ! It needs Axl to take the vocal higher, agreed? 

16 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

Very easy.  When you know every song and each note in every song, you can tell. It is a different take. Plain and simple. It's way more raspy. Any normal person may thing it's the same, but it's not. Is it real? I have no idea, but it is a different vocal take, or maybe one without any effects or autotune.

Totally willing to be proved wrong here but I’m almost certain it’s the same vocal track just tweaked slightly. May have to brush up on my audacity skills and put the songs side by side to compare...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CAFC Nick said:

Totally willing to be proved wrong here but I’m almost certain it’s the same vocal track just tweaked slightly. May have to brush up on my audacity skills and put the songs side by side to compare...

it is the same vocal track, the pitch is just adjusted and the 2001 has less vocal effects on it.

Just now, CAFC Nick said:

I'm with you, it's a the same vocal from the final mix with some differences and ad libs perhaps. The backing post bridge seems a bit different, on the backing vocals...
I do believe this to be an unreleased demo...I mean, it's surprising it's taken this long for anything more to leak...the amount of people that worked on that project, laptops around the world, must have takes and edits !
Only fear, is Axl suing you...but since he probably doesn't care as much now....

40 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The second take of This I Love wasn’t recorded around that time...the second one that was leaked a few years ago was heavily speculated to be after 2006.

It certainly sounds raspier, hence why people say post 2006, after he regained (in the live environment) that...But is that only evidence that points towards that? 
We all know Axl can (to an extent) turn it on like a tap, so I'm sure he could of done those vocals earlier too...It's not like he had vocal surgery to regain rasp :lol:

it was creative decision to sing cleaner, to keep his voice ....

Edited by colonizedmind

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

It certainly sounds raspier, hence why people say post 2006, after he regained (in the live environment) that...But is that only evidence that points towards that? 
We all know Axl can (to an extent) turn it on like a tap, so I'm sure he could of done those vocals earlier too...It's not like he had vocal surgery to regain rasp :lol:

it was creative decision to sing cleaner, to keep his voice ....

Wasn’t just even more raspier, it had a higher pitch similar to his voice in 2009/2010. But that’s just my two cents.

4 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I've been saying it for years: Chinese Leftovers. A boxset of demos, alternate takes, and vault material covering 1999-2008, and house it in a chinese takeout container. 

I've been saying this for years also. I'd pay big money for this. US$200 for the box set. They'd make more money from me personally if they did this rather than release a normal album for $25 vinyl + download or concert for $100.

30 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Wasn’t just even more raspier, it had a higher pitch similar to his voice in 2009/2010. But that’s just my two cents.

Do we think Axl's recorded ANY vocals post 2008? I'm not so sure ! Why would he go back post Chinese and record 

This I Love again? I mean, It's Axl, he's a bit crazy, but still ! Getting him to record new stuff is hard enough,

may as well re-recording old track :o

4 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Do we think Axl's recorded ANY vocals post 2008? I'm not so sure ! Why would he go back post Chinese and record 

This I Love again? I mean, It's Axl, he's a bit crazy, but still ! Getting him to record new stuff is hard enough,

may as well re-recording old track :o

Your totally right. It’s one of the dozens of GN’R mysteries we can only speculate on until the end of time. :shrugs:

Apart from the crappy quality of the music, the fact that this song has Axl singing the "if we ever find it's true" part in both his low voice (that he used a RIR 2001) and his high voice (which he used in every other performance of that song that I know of) layered on top of each other when all the other leaks before the album was released just had the high part...that makes me think this is fan-made. The Rock Band version had all the lead vocals on one track.