Sign in to follow this  
Powerage5

Iron Maiden - Legacy Of The Beast European Tour 2018

newsstory.jpg

Following the massively successful global tour of 2016-17 in support of their 16th studio album The Book Of Souls IRON MAIDEN will take to the road again in 2018 with a series of arena and festival shows in Europe on the Legacy Of The Beast World Tour opening in Tallinn, Estonia on May 26 and finishing at the O2 Arena, London on August 10. The full list of dates is below and the tour is expected to continue in 2019.

Legacy Of The Beast 2018 Tour Dates:

May
26 - Saku Arena, Tallinn, Estonia
28 - Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland

June
1 - Tele2 Arena, Stockholm, Sweden
3 - Trondheim Rocks Festival, Dahls Arena, Trondheim, Norway
5 - Royal Arena, Copenhagen, Denmark
7 - Sweden Rock Festival, Solvesborg, Sweden
9 - Rockavaria Festival, Königsplatz, Munich, Germany
10 - Expo Plaza, Hannover, Germany
13 - Waldbuhne, Berlin, Germany
16 - Firenze Rocks Festival, Firenze, Italy
17 - Novarock Festival, Nickelsdorf, Austria
20 - Letnany Airport, Prague, Czech Republic
22 - Graspop Metal Meeting, Dessel, Belgium
24 - Hellfest, Clisson, France
26 - Geneva Arena, Geneva, Switzerland
26 - Volt Festival, Sopron, Hungary
30 - Messegelaende, Freiburg, Germany

July
1 - Gelredome, Arnhem, The Netherlands
5 - AccorsHotel Arena, Paris, France
9 - San Siro Ippodromo, Milan, Italy
10 - Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland
13 - Altice Arena, Lisbon, Portugal
14 - Wanda Metropolitano Stadium, Madrid, Spain
16 - Piazza Dell Unita d'Italia, Trieste, Italy
20 - Rockwave Festival, Athens, Greece
22 - Hills Of Rock Festival, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
24 - Zagreb Arena, Zagreb, Croatia
27 - Tauron Arena, Krakow, Poland
31 - Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle, England

August
2 - SSE Arena, Belfast, Northern Ireland
4 - AECC, Aberdeen, Scotland
6 - Manchester Arena, Manchester, England
7 - Genting Arena, Birmingham, England
10 - The O2, London, England

The concept for the Legacy Of The Beast World Tour was inspired by Maiden’s mobile game and comic book of the same name and the stage set design will feature a number of different but interlocking “worlds” with a set list covering a large selection of Eighties material with a handful of surprises from later albums to add diversity.

Maiden manager Rod Smallwood explains further,

“As our fans know, we’ve been following a particular touring cycle ever since Bruce and Adrian re-joined Maiden at the start of the millennium, alternating new album tours with “History/Hits” tours. We enjoy working this way for many reasons, not least because it gives the band a chance to play both new material and the older favourites which we know fans like to hear. It keeps things fresh, not just for the fans but for the band too. 

“For this History/Hits tour we decided to base the theme around the Legacy Of The Beast name, which suits our purposes perfectly by giving us scope to get creative and have some fun, especially with Eddie! I don’t want to give too much away at the moment but we’re working on a number of different stage sets, all in keeping with the Maiden tradition and we hope to give our fans a fantastic experience when they come to see this very special show.”

Killswitch Engage will be Maiden’s Special Guest on headline European shows from May 26 to July 1 inclusive, and in the UK from July 31 to Aug 10 inclusive. Guests on other shows are currently being finalized and will be announced soon.

Most shows go on sale Friday 24th November, with some a little earlier - check the Tour Dates page for full info. 
As always, there will be an exclusive presale for Fan Club members, starting Monday 20th.

• Like 1

DATES:

Iron Maiden Announce Legacy Of The Beast European Tour 2018!

May
26 Saku Arena, Tallinn, ESTONIA *
28 Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, FINLAND *

June
01 Tele2 Arena, Stockholm, SWEDEN *
03 Dahls Arena, Trondheim Rocks, NORWAY
05 Royal Arena, Copenhagen, DENMARK *
07 Sweden Rock Festival, Solvesborg, SWEDEN
09 Rockavaria, Königsplatz, Munich, GERMANY
10 Expo Plaza, Hannover, GERMANY *
13 Waldbuhne, Berlin, GERMANY *
16 Firenze Rocks, ITALY
17 Novarock Festival, Nickelsdorf, AUSTRIA
20 Letnany Airport, Prague, CZECH REPUBLIC *
22 Graspop, Dessel, BELGIUM
24 Hellfest, Clisson, FRANCE
26 Geneva Arena, Geneva, SWITZERLAND *
28 Volt Festival, Sopron, HUNGARY
30 Messegelaende, Freiburg, GERMANY *

July
01 Gelredome, Arnhem, HOLLAND *
05 AccorsHotel Arena, Paris, FRANCE
09 San Siro Ippodromo, Milan, ITALY
10 Hallenstadion, Zurich, SWITZERLAND
13 Altice Arena, Lisbon, PORTUGAL
14 Wanda Metropolitano Stadium, Madrid, SPAIN
17 Piazza Dellà Unita D'Italia, Trieste, ITALY
20 Rockwave Festival, Athens, GREECE
22 Hills Of Rock, Plovdiv, BULGARIA
24 Zagreb arena, Zagreb, CROATIA
27 Tauron Arena, Krakow, POLAND
31 Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle, ENGLAND *

August
02 SSE Arena, Belfast, NORTHERN IRELAND *
04 Exhibition & Conference Centre, Aberdeen, SCOTLAND *
06 Manchester Arena, Manchester, ENGLAND *
07 Genting arena, Birmingham, ENGLAND *
10 O2 Arena, London, ENGLAND *

(No further countries will be added to this touring schedule).

Most shows go on-sale Friday 24th November. Pre-sales start Monday 20th November. We’ll keep you updated!

*Special Guest will be Killswitch Engage

Press release:

'The concept for the Legacy Of The Beast World Tour was inspired by Maiden’s mobile game and comic book of the same name and the stage set design will feature a number of different but interlocking “worlds” with a set list covering a large selection of Eighties material with a handful of surprises from later albums to add diversity.

Maiden manager Rod Smallwood explains further,

“As our fans know, we’ve been following a particular touring cycle ever since Bruce and Adrian re-joined Maiden at the start of the millennium, alternating new album tours with “History/Hits” tours. We enjoy working this way for many reasons, not least because it gives the band a chance to play both new material and the older favourites which we know fans like to hear. It keeps things fresh, not just for the fans but for the band too.

“For this History/Hits tour we decided to base the theme around the Legacy Of The Beast name, which suits our purposes perfectly by giving us scope to get creative and have some fun, especially with Eddie! I don’t want to give too much away at the moment but we’re working on a number of different stage sets, all in keeping with the Maiden tradition and we hope to give our fans a fantastic experience when they come to see this very special show.” '

Edited by -Jaro-
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mansin Humanity said:

Is there gonna be a US leg announced, even if that's 2019?

The press release said the tour will continue into 2019, yes. 

My tentative plan is Tallinn, Helsinki, Stockholm, Trondheim, Athens, Plovdiv, Zagreb, Krakow, Newcastle, Belfast, Aberdeen, Manchester, Birmingham, and London. 

37 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

The press release said the tour will continue into 2019, yes. 

And you're sitting here expecting me to actually read what was linked? You know better.

• Haha 1

These guys should REALLY consider retiring some songs. I know I know, not gonna happen. But they have soooo many classics, they could give a rest to some, starting with FOTD (again, never gonna happen).

• Thanks 1

On 13. 11. 2017. at 9:43 PM, Powerage5 said:

Might be doing Lisbon and Madrid too after consulting the girlfriend...

I just hate you :D

What do you do for living - with all that traveling and concerts around the world?

2 hours ago, Use Your Delusion 1 said:

Still not happy. When are they going to get Di'Annio back and play Killers in full?

Tough being a Maiden fan...

I love Di'Annos Maiden albums but after seeing few videos on youtube in last coupke of years probably wouldn't soind good in that arangement...But Blaze on the other hand.... as years go by his voice sound better and better...

So I've finally settled on doing Tallinn, Helsinki, Stockholm, Trondheim, Copenhagen, Athens, Plovdiv, Zagreb, Krakow, Newcastle, Belfast, Aberdeen, Manchester, Birmingham, and London. So far I've got my tickets for Tallinn, Helsinki, Stockholm, Krakow, and London. The rest will have to wait as I'm on holiday right now. 

For anyone wondering, second nights in Helsinki, Paris, London, and maybe Krakow are likely.