Iron Maiden - Legacy Of The Beast World Tour 2018-2021

Powerage5

I’ve finally gotten around to reading Bruce’s book (I’m halfway done at the moment - great read). Anyways, it’s been sitting around and caught my daughter’s curiosity.

“Who’s that?”

So I tell her and show her Flight 666. She now tells me she wants to see Iron Maiden next year. It looks like I’ve got a concert buddy for this tour!

Oh yeah, she’ll be 5. :lol:

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Mansin Humanity said:

hey when is the US leg gonna get announced

My guess is January/February. US tours are typically announced about 4 months before the first gig. 

4 hours ago, The Dissident said:

I'd take a Iron Maiden and Scorpions Co-headlining tour, it would be a dream come true; If I was able to go to Rio those 2 alone would have sold me tickets in a heartbeat

And it will never happen - Maiden doesn’t do co-headline tours. And I’d guess the Scorpions are too big to open a full tour. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

My guess is January/February. US tours are typically announced about 4 months before the first gig. 

And it will never happen - Maiden doesn’t do co-headline tours. And I’d guess the Scorpions are too big to open a full tour. 

Maiden, co headlined with Sabbath in early 2000s and Scorps are opening for Def Leppard in November in their Australian tour. Plus their set has dropped to about 1.5 hours with the encore so it isn’t a far cry for an 1 hr special guest spot.

On 9/29/2018 at 2:03 AM, The Dissident said:

Maiden, co headlined with Sabbath in early 2000s and Scorps are opening for Def Leppard in November in their Australian tour. Plus their set has dropped to about 1.5 hours with the encore so it isn’t a far cry for an 1 hr special guest spot.

That was actually an opening slot for Sabbath on Ozzfest - they play 50 minutes while Sabbath did 90. And that was sort of an unusual tour to be fair - basically they only did Ozzfest to try and jump start their US fan base again as the numbers had been dwindling. BNW saw them selling well in the US, but Give Me Ed didn’t sell well - even with the package tour of Maiden, Motörhead and Dio, and as such they only scheduled 5 dates for Dance Of Death in small venues in NYC and LA (And one got cancelled). 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like all of the 2019 will be announced tomorrow. The tour appear to be 6 countries; USA, Mexico, Canada, Brazil, Chile, and Argentina. Dates known so far are Rock In Rio on Oct. 4 (Confirmed), Buenos Aires on Oct. 12 (Official But TBA tomorrow), Montreal on Aug. 5 (Leaked), and a show in Connecticut in early August (Announced on FB by a local radio station). 

Maiden is is at it again with their impeccable timing - I head to Australia for a month tonight and really can’t afford any tickets until I get back :lol::max: 

17 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Looks like all of the 2019 will be announced tomorrow. The tour appear to be 6 countries; USA, Mexico, Canada, Brazil, Chile, and Argentina. Dates known so far are Rock In Rio on Oct. 4 (Confirmed), Buenos Aires on Oct. 12 (Official But TBA tomorrow), Montreal on Aug. 5 (Leaked), and a show in Connecticut in early August (Announced on FB by a local radio station). 

Maiden is is at it again with their impeccable timing - I head to Australia for a month tonight and really can’t afford any tickets until I get back :lol::max: 

A ct date??!! maiden hasnt come to ct in a long time, looks like i might be dragging my girlfriend to this show!

9 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I think chances are good for ATL, but I also said that in 2016/17. So... :shrugs: 

I mean look I've missed every tour since Somewhere Back In Time. I'll travel if need be I would just super prefer one down the street.

edit: and i just want to hear the clansman live

edit 2: ATL HOE!!! at the least ideal venue but idgaf

Edited by Mansin Humanity
clansman

Wow.  The Los Angeles show is in a venue that I have never heard of.  Looks like it is in an outdoor soccer (football) stadium.

Edit: Oh, it just opened this year and it is on the grounds of the old Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena.  With Chris Jericho's Fozzy opening??????  I feel like I have to get a ticket now.  I was on the bubble based on venue location, but now I feel I have to get a ticket to see this show.  Probably would have to fight and claw my way to get access to buy tickets.  How much does Maiden typically go for in ticket prices?  Like around $60-70 for non-GA and $100+ for GA?

On 11/10/2018 at 1:44 AM, Mansin Humanity said:

I mean look I've missed every tour since Somewhere Back In Time. I'll travel if need be I would just super prefer one down the street.

edit: and i just want to hear the clansman live

edit 2: ATL HOE!!! at the least ideal venue but idgaf

See ya there ;) 

On 11/10/2018 at 2:58 AM, Anguyen92 said:

Wow.  The Los Angeles show is in a venue that I have never heard of.  Looks like it is in an outdoor soccer (football) stadium.

Edit: Oh, it just opened this year and it is on the grounds of the old Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena.  With Chris Jericho's Fozzy opening??????  I feel like I have to get a ticket now.  I was on the bubble based on venue location, but now I feel I have to get a ticket to see this show.  Probably would have to fight and claw my way to get access to buy tickets.  How much does Maiden typically go for in ticket prices?  Like around $60-70 for non-GA and $100+ for GA?

Not sure about the LA gig. Maiden is usually between $100 and 125 before fees. 

On 11/11/2018 at 9:25 AM, Zeppelin said:

Two shows in Toronto, eh? Interesting.

Plus one in Buffalo. Totally crazy.

12 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Made it into one of the crowd shots in this one!

So as I predicted, the dates got announced while I was en route to Oz. Took me a few days to sort of process it all and pick some dates, and my tentative plan is Sunrise, Atlanta, Charlotte, DC, Brooklyn, Philly, Boston, Hartford, Montreal, Quebec, Toronto x2, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, and Santiago. Possibly Indy too depending on how everything comes together. 

• Like 1