Iron Maiden - Legacy Of The Beast World Tour 2018-2021

Powerage5

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

You decide on a gig yet? I texted you back when I got your text, but my cell service down here is a bit fucked up, don't know if you got it. 

I got it - I think I was drunk when I received it and forgot to reply though.

Not sure which. Will probably decide later on, assuming you'll do both. Won't be able to get tickets for a bit, but I will do everything in my power to be there.

• GNFNR 1

I got my ticket for the LA show, last week.  Section 222.  Set me back $70.00.  Far back, but I'm pretty much in center viewpoint of the stage which is a good sign.  If I got closer on either side of the stage in the 200 sections, that would set me back to $100+ and I didn't want to spend that.  No matter, I get to see Iron Maiden which I am really excited for.  It's an added cherry on top that Fozzy is on the bill as well as I like them enough and it's going to be pretty exciting to see Chris Jericho in a live setting (either wrestling or in Fozzy) for the first time ever for me and I know he'll get the place exciting to see Maiden (and try to get people into Fozzy in the process as well).

The only concern is that since it is on a Saturday in September and the venue is a soccer stadium that is right next door to USC's Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.  If USC is playing that day, could be big traffic and headaches trying to get parking.

I hope Iron Maiden keeps For the Greater Good of God in the US sets.  One of my favorite modern Maiden tracks (along with Paschendale and The Book of Souls).

Edited by Anguyen92

19 hours ago, Anguyen92 said:

I got my ticket for the LA show, last week.  Section 222.  Set me back $70.00.  Far back, but I'm pretty much in center viewpoint of the stage which is a good sign.  If I got closer on either side of the stage in the 200 sections, that would set me back to $100+ and I didn't want to spend that.  No matter, I get to see Iron Maiden which I am really excited for.  It's an added cherry on top that Fozzy is on the bill as well as I like them enough and it's going to be pretty exciting to see Chris Jericho in a live setting (either wrestling or in Fozzy) for the first time ever for me and I know he'll get the place exciting to see Maiden (and try to get people into Fozzy in the process as well).

The only concern is that since it is on a Saturday in September and the venue is a soccer stadium that is right next door to USC's Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.  If USC is playing that day, could be big traffic and headaches trying to get parking.

I hope Iron Maiden keeps For the Greater Good of God in the US sets.  One of my favorite modern Maiden tracks (along with Paschendale and The Book of Souls).

I don’t think they’ll be changing the setlist at all next year. Too much going on in the production for them to change anything really. 

18 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

I think I’ll hit the Vancouver gig, I’ve seen maiden maybe 6-8 times but not in the last 10/12 years.

How are they sounding on recent tours? 

Amazing. Ever since Bruce’s cancer scare the whole band has been really rejuvenated, and Bruce is sounding better than he has since the early 2000’s. Plus this tour is, bar none, the greatest production they’ve ever done. A great mix of super deep cuts and hits for the setlist across all eras, and the stage show is over the top. If you’re a Maiden fan on any level, you absolutely can’t miss this one. 

• Like 2

On 11/21/2018 at 6:18 PM, Anguyen92 said:

Big SC guy here they play at BYU that day so that’ll be the only event that night.I know it’s 10 months away but super excited to see Maiden again .First time was Long Beach back to back night in late 80’s great live band haven’t lost a step after all these years 

• 5 months later...

Really wish they'd film a full gig instead of do this sort of concert film again where the clips all come from different gigs. I'm fine with the idea of it, but the execution of the film for The Book Of Souls: Live Chapter was really poor as there was no consistency from shot-to-shot. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My uncle saw Maiden Saturday in the Barclay venue in Brooklyn NY. He said it was a great show. Maiden ends with "Run to the Hills". He said they did songs that they haven't done for decades.

If the Dallas show was indoors I would definitely go, but it's outdoors and September in Dallas is terribly hot! This venue has no air whatsoever. It has some ceiling fans, but not many and it's just too damn hot with no air circulating anywhere. This venue stinks for concerts. Last year IM played the AA arena, so I don't know why they went back to the outdoor one?

Guess I will check out youtube for some footage.

18 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

My uncle saw Maiden Saturday in the Barclay venue in Brooklyn NY. He said it was a great show. Maiden ends with "Run to the Hills". He said they did songs that they haven't done for decades.

If the Dallas show was indoors I would definitely go, but it's outdoors and September in Dallas is terribly hot! This venue has no air whatsoever. It has some ceiling fans, but not many and it's just too damn hot with no air circulating anywhere. This venue stinks for concerts. Last year IM played the AA arena, so I don't know why they went back to the outdoor one?

Guess I will check out youtube for some footage.

Because they like playing amphitheaters also? :shrugs: That indoor show in Dallas in 2017 was the first indoor show in Dallas in some time, maybe they just didn’t like the venue. I know it was a shitshow organization-wise, so that could have something to do with it too. 

• 1 month later...

so, Legacy tour extends in 2020, so those new album rumors were fake :(

Bruce comments "Next year we will play a number of countries and cities we have yet to visit on this incredible tour, so it is terrific to be able to accept the invitation to return to Download in 2020 and we will certainly go to town and add a few extra items to the show. This will be our seventh time headlining at Donington Park. It’s home turf and we all really enjoy playing this Festival, the vibe from the crowd is always fantastic, and it’s great to be returning to Belfast, this time for a Festival date too.”

On 9/24/2019 at 2:57 AM, -Jaro- said:

so, Legacy tour extends in 2020, so those new album rumors were fake :(

Bruce comments "Next year we will play a number of countries and cities we have yet to visit on this incredible tour, so it is terrific to be able to accept the invitation to return to Download in 2020 and we will certainly go to town and add a few extra items to the show. This will be our seventh time headlining at Donington Park. It’s home turf and we all really enjoy playing this Festival, the vibe from the crowd is always fantastic, and it’s great to be returning to Belfast, this time for a Festival date too.”

Not necessarily - we know some or all of the album is finished. My theory is that they liked having the long period to sit on and reflect on TBOS before the album got released while Bruce was sick, so this time they're sort of doing it intentionally. I'm interested to see what next year's tour plans entail. It's possible that they could be splitting the year between two tours like they did in 2003 with Give Me Ed and Dance Of Death. IF they only do Legacy, and only do Europe then I agree it's a bit of a wasted year. However I think it's between possible and likely that next year will include a round-the-world leg before finishing up in Europe, and it's not fair to ask that so many fans in other parts of the world don't get to see such an incredible tour because they don't live in Europe or the Americas. I have my own reasons to think Australia will happen next year, and I've heard at least a credible reason to believe Indonesia is on the table too. 

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Not necessarily - we know some or all of the album is finished. My theory is that they liked having the long period to sit on and reflect on TBOS before the album got released while Bruce was sick, so this time they're sort of doing it intentionally. I'm interested to see what next year's tour plans entail. It's possible that they could be splitting the year between two tours like they did in 2003 with Give Me Ed and Dance Of Death. IF they only do Legacy, and only do Europe then I agree it's a bit of a wasted year. However I think it's between possible and likely that next year will include a round-the-world leg before finishing up in Europe, and it's not fair to ask that so many fans in other parts of the world don't get to see such an incredible tour because they don't live in Europe or the Americas. I have my own reasons to think Australia will happen next year, and I've heard at least a credible reason to believe Indonesia is on the table too. 

Yeah, I get Aus/Asia point... and it would be shame that some part of world miss the chance to see this show. I was overwhelmed, but my friend who wasn't in IM or metal was speechless after we saw it last year...

My post was from my selfish point 😂

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Was it streamed? I can't find it anywhere 

It was, this is the most complete version I've found. The audio cut out completely at the source for the first half of Aces High, so you're not missing much with the first half of the song missing here. Thought the band sounded great, Bruce seemed to be struggling a bit, but I thought he got better as the gig went on. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Chile was fucking mental. Wildest crowd I’ve ever seen, nothing comes close. The stadium gig had 87,000 people according to Bruce - the largest gig ever to happen in Chile by any artist. Would love to see them there again someday. 

looks like Maiden will play Manila on May 16th at the Pulp Summer Slam festival. It will be Maiden’s first ever gig in the Philippines. 

• GNFNR 1