Sign in to follow this  
Powerage5

Iron Maiden - Legacy Of The Beast World Tour 2018-2019

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

You decide on a gig yet? I texted you back when I got your text, but my cell service down here is a bit fucked up, don't know if you got it. 

I got it - I think I was drunk when I received it and forgot to reply though.

Not sure which. Will probably decide later on, assuming you'll do both. Won't be able to get tickets for a bit, but I will do everything in my power to be there.

• GNFNR 1

Second night added in Mexico City. Second night expected to be added at some point in Brooklyn. 

Updated the OP with all of next year's dates also. 

I got my ticket for the LA show, last week.  Section 222.  Set me back $70.00.  Far back, but I'm pretty much in center viewpoint of the stage which is a good sign.  If I got closer on either side of the stage in the 200 sections, that would set me back to $100+ and I didn't want to spend that.  No matter, I get to see Iron Maiden which I am really excited for.  It's an added cherry on top that Fozzy is on the bill as well as I like them enough and it's going to be pretty exciting to see Chris Jericho in a live setting (either wrestling or in Fozzy) for the first time ever for me and I know he'll get the place exciting to see Maiden (and try to get people into Fozzy in the process as well).

The only concern is that since it is on a Saturday in September and the venue is a soccer stadium that is right next door to USC's Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.  If USC is playing that day, could be big traffic and headaches trying to get parking.

I hope Iron Maiden keeps For the Greater Good of God in the US sets.  One of my favorite modern Maiden tracks (along with Paschendale and The Book of Souls).

Edited by Anguyen92

I think I’ll hit the Vancouver gig, I’ve seen maiden maybe 6-8 times but not in the last 10/12 years.

How are they sounding on recent tours? 

19 hours ago, Anguyen92 said:

I got my ticket for the LA show, last week.  Section 222.  Set me back $70.00.  Far back, but I'm pretty much in center viewpoint of the stage which is a good sign.  If I got closer on either side of the stage in the 200 sections, that would set me back to $100+ and I didn't want to spend that.  No matter, I get to see Iron Maiden which I am really excited for.  It's an added cherry on top that Fozzy is on the bill as well as I like them enough and it's going to be pretty exciting to see Chris Jericho in a live setting (either wrestling or in Fozzy) for the first time ever for me and I know he'll get the place exciting to see Maiden (and try to get people into Fozzy in the process as well).

The only concern is that since it is on a Saturday in September and the venue is a soccer stadium that is right next door to USC's Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.  If USC is playing that day, could be big traffic and headaches trying to get parking.

I hope Iron Maiden keeps For the Greater Good of God in the US sets.  One of my favorite modern Maiden tracks (along with Paschendale and The Book of Souls).

I don’t think they’ll be changing the setlist at all next year. Too much going on in the production for them to change anything really. 

18 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

I think I’ll hit the Vancouver gig, I’ve seen maiden maybe 6-8 times but not in the last 10/12 years.

How are they sounding on recent tours? 

Amazing. Ever since Bruce’s cancer scare the whole band has been really rejuvenated, and Bruce is sounding better than he has since the early 2000’s. Plus this tour is, bar none, the greatest production they’ve ever done. A great mix of super deep cuts and hits for the setlist across all eras, and the stage show is over the top. If you’re a Maiden fan on any level, you absolutely can’t miss this one. 

• Like 2

On 11/21/2018 at 6:18 PM, Anguyen92 said:

Big SC guy here they play at BYU that day so that’ll be the only event that night.I know it’s 10 months away but super excited to see Maiden again .First time was Long Beach back to back night in late 80’s great live band haven’t lost a step after all these years 

Really wish they'd film a full gig instead of do this sort of concert film again where the clips all come from different gigs. I'm fine with the idea of it, but the execution of the film for The Book Of Souls: Live Chapter was really poor as there was no consistency from shot-to-shot.