Iron Maiden - Legacy Of The Beast World Tour 2018-2021

Powerage5

On 11/26/2019 at 11:27 PM, Sydney Fan said:

Got my tix for the sydney show. About time they came back

See ya there! ;) I’m super excited they’re coming back to Oz too - I’ve been wanting to see them down under ever since they started playing Australia again. The 2008 tour was before I was traveling to see them, but I think the prospect of going to Australia was what really gave me the itch to want to travel to see the band. In 2011 and 2016 the timing just didn’t work out. But now that Australia has sort of become my second home, there was absolutely no question about doing it this time for me. 

• 6 months later...

Bit of a bump on this thread ...

But I watched back the Maiden gig from Vancouver of last year, I couldn’t believe how tight they sounded on the night and how great Bruce sounded. Watching it back confirms how tight they were. Bruce sounds better with long hair :lol: I can’t believe how well his voice has held up. Compared to a lot of other rock singers and particularly singers of his age.

Between 92-2019, they have been consistently brilliant live each time I’ve seen them, 10-12 Gigs, gaps of 6-7 years between some but they always delivered Long live the Irons.... 

3 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

But I watched back the Maiden gig from Vancouver of last year, I couldn’t believe how tight they sounded on the night and how great Bruce sounded. Watching it back confirms how tight they were. Bruce sounds better with long hair :lol: I can’t believe how well his voice has held up. Compared to a lot of other rock singers and particularly singers of his age.

Between 92-2019, they have been consistently brilliant live each time I’ve seen them, 10-12 Gigs, gaps of 6-7 years between some but they always delivered Long live the Irons.... 

His voice has honestly been better post-cancer than it was in the years leading up to it I think. He’s sounded phenomenal at nearly every gig I’ve seen between The Book Of Souls and Legacy Of The Beast. On Maiden England, there were definitely some gigs where he was sounding a bit tired. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

They were on fire in Vancouver, it was the first time I had seen them, the next day I bought tickets to see them in Tacoma for the following day. Easily my top 2 concerts I've ever seen.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Dissident said:

They were on fire in Vancouver, it was the first time I had seen them, the next day I bought tickets to see them in Tacoma for the following day. Easily my top 2 concerts I've ever seen.

Couldn’t believe the sound, it was excellent even with the 3 guitar mix everything was clear as.... 

Nothing beats the first time I saw them though, I made a mistake with my first Maiden gig, it was 1993 not 1992. The Real Live One Tour in the Point Depot Dublin... They opened with Be Quick Or Be Dead and my face kinda melted they sounded so heavy... Half the fuckers at the gig turned up on motorbikes of some description. Felt all very dangerous with 3 pints of cider in as a 13 year old.... still have the shirt... Things got rough a few times during the gig, especially during Fear of the dark, every corner of the place was going bananas... 

Edited by Powderfinger

26 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Couldn’t believe the sound, it was excellent even with the 3 guitar mix everything was clear as.... 

Nothing beats the first time I saw them though, I made a mistake with my first Maiden gig, it was 1993 not 1992. The Real Live One Tour in the Point Depot Dublin... They opened with Be Quick Or Be Dead and my face kinda melted they sounded so heavy... Half the fuckers at the gig turned up on motorbikes of some description. Felt all very dangerous with 3 pints of cider in as a 13 year old.... still have the shirt... Things got rough a few times during the gig, especially during Fear of the dark, every corner of the place was going bananas... 

Sounds like a great show, I regret not going to see them on The Book of Souls Tour, I hadn't gotten into Maiden then and my mom asked if I wanted to go... wow was I a fool to say no.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

His voice has honestly been better post-cancer than it was in the years leading up to it I think. He’s sounded phenomenal at nearly every gig I’ve seen between The Book Of Souls and Legacy Of The Beast. On Maiden England, there were definitely some gigs where he was sounding a bit tired. 

I couldn't agree more. He definitely swung back with something to prove after the cancer and I swear it gave him more depth in his voice again. Even if we just compare a couple of the pro shots I'd say it's night and day between the Maiden England RAR and last year's RIR. Bruce is an absolute madman. The Book Of Souls: Live Chapter has also been frequently getting a listen on my part just because of how good Bruce sounds and how well that album translates live.

Question though - what is your educated guess on Maiden's future? Now that we basically lose a year I'm curious if you see more albums and touring. I would hope so!

I am ashamed to say I missed their Toronto stop last year due to some personal shenanigans.

7 hours ago, James Bond said:

I couldn't agree more. He definitely swung back with something to prove after the cancer and I swear it gave him more depth in his voice again. Even if we just compare a couple of the pro shots I'd say it's night and day between the Maiden England RAR and last year's RIR. Bruce is an absolute madman. The Book Of Souls: Live Chapter has also been frequently getting a listen on my part just because of how good Bruce sounds and how well that album translates live.

Question though - what is your educated guess on Maiden's future? Now that we basically lose a year I'm curious if you see more albums and touring. I would hope so!

I am ashamed to say I missed their Toronto stop last year due to some personal shenanigans.

To be fair also, Rio last year was not even gonna be of the stronger gigs IMO. Took Bruce a few songs to warm up it seemed like. 

Well, some of the European dates scheduled for this year got rescheduled to next year (I’ll update the tour dates in the OP) - the gigs outside Europe, as well as all of the festivals and a few of the European headline shows were flat out cancelled. That’s a particularly sore subject with me right now - personally because I was supposed to do all of the non-European gigs this year, but also because I really think it’s unfair Europe took priority over the countries they rarely get to play when Europe already had an extensive leg of this tour in 2018. Especially when you consider the circumstances in some of the other countries; Australia has had it particularly rough with metal artists cancelling the last year aside from the coronavirus cancellations (Both Ozzy and Metallica cancelled last year), Manila was supposed to be their first ever gig in the Philippines and without the festival they were supposed to play pulling them in it seems unlikely they’ll ever play there now, Japan has now had five of the seven Maiden gigs scheduled in the last decade cancelled (The two gigs in 2011 were cancelled due to the earthquake), and Israel was to be their first time there in 25 years, and their first time with Bruce. Hell, even in Europe they cancelled the two Russian gigs, which was the only country on the European tour which hadn’t already had a gig in 2018. I really think rescheduling 2020 could’ve been handled better. 

Beyond the rescheduled LOTB dates for next year, Rod did say in the press release about LOTB that they’ve already got a busy 2021 planned, which is why they can’t make up all of the dates. Album 17 was mostly or fully recorded in Paris last March, so that will be released sometime shortly after LOTB wraps next July I imagine. Then a tour cycle for that starting in late 2021, and... :shrugs: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yea I personally feel they only kept the shows there were truely locked into with their tour contract from 2020. As stated they basically have a new album done if not completely done. I wouldn't be surprised if they released the new album right at the end of the 2021 Legacy Of The Beast Tour, then in September beginning a NA run of shows for the new album. They said no shows till June so maybe they will record more songs for album 17 and make it another double. I also suspect a LOTB live album at some point. 

On 6/8/2020 at 9:04 PM, The Dissident said:

Love that you bought tickets and headed for Tacoma the next day :headbang:

I’ve done that myself a few times with different bands, they were so good I had to see them again next night at all costs.

Sabbath I went home to see in Dublin in 2017, having already seen them in Vancouver.... then I booked flights to Glasgow, and from fucking Glasgow to Birmingham... 1 gig became 3.... I’ve done that with the stones most tours since 99 also....

A day will come when these legends are no more and every gig you saw means that much more in a weird way.

I saw Motorhead a bunch of times, and they were worth every penny of fuel, tickets, hotels, illicitmaterials etc that it cost each time. I will live the next 35 years and never regret the cost. It was worth it for the memories and lack thereof on occasion. 

Edited by Powderfinger

31 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Love that you bought tickets and headed for Tacoma the next day :headbang:

I’ve done that myself a few times with different bands, they were so good I had to see them again next night at all costs.

Sabbath I went home to see in Dublin in 2017, having already seen them in Vancouver.... then I booked flights to Glasgow, and from fucking Glasgow to Birmingham... 1 gig became 3.... I’ve done that with the stones most tours since 99 also....

A day will come when these legends are no more and every gig you saw means that much more in a weird way.

I saw Motorhead a bunch of times, and they were worth every penny of fuel, tickets, hotels, illicitmaterials etc that it cost each time. I will live the next 35 years and never regret the cost. It was worth it for the memories and lack thereof on occasion. 

If I wasn't in full time school at the time I would have probably seen them several times as I could have visited my family in Sasketchawan then done the road trip back catching the shows. Maiden is one of probably 5 bands that I would see more than once on a single tour leg. Such amazing shows and as you said they won't be around forever, and with me getting into them late in their career I need to see them now.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I think it’s good but not great (yet). It’s been growing on me over the few listens I’ve had. Love the overall vibe of it, reminds me a lot of Wheel In The Sky by Journey. Not sold on the mix - feels very tinny and hollow to me. And I think Bruce sounds a bit weak here, which I find odd since it was presumably recorded in the downtime between legs of the LOTB tour, where he by and large sounded fantastic IMO. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=359951445497209&id=100044470688234

We are thrilled to announce the release of Iron Maiden’s 17th studio album ‘Senjutsu’ coming Sept 3rd.

1.  Senjutsu (Smith/Harris) 8:20
2.  Stratego (Gers/Harris) 4:59
3.  The Writing On The Wall (Smith/Dickinson) 6:13
4.  Lost In A Lost World (Harris) 9:31
5.  Days Of Future Past (Smith/Dickinson) 4:03
6.  The Time Machine (Gers/Harris) 7:09
7.  Darkest Hour (Smith/Dickinson) 7:20
8.  Death Of The Celts (Harris) 10:20
9.  The Parchment (Harris) 12:39
10.  Hell On Earth (Harris) 11:19

Senjutsu will be released on the following formats and available to pre-order from all good music retailers starting Wednesday July 21st:

Standard 2CD Digipak
Deluxe 2CD Book Format
Deluxe heavyweight 180G Triple Black Vinyl
Special Edition Triple Silver & Black Marble Vinyl (from selected retailers)
Special Edition Triple Red & Black Marble Vinyl (from selected retailers)
Super Deluxe Boxset featuring CD, Blu-Ray and Exclusive Memorabilia
Digital album (streaming and download)

Steve says “We chose to record at Guillaume Tell Studio in France again as the place has such a relaxed vibe. The setup there is perfect for our needs; the building used to be a cinema and has a really high ceiling so there’s a great acoustic sound. We recorded this album in the same way we did The Book Of Souls in that we’d write a song, rehearse it and then put it down together straight away while it was all fresh in our minds. There’s some very complex songs on this album which took a lot of hard work to get them exactly as we wanted them to sound, so the process was at times very challenging, but Kevin is great at capturing the essence of the band and I think it was worth the effort! I’m very proud of the result and can’t wait for fans to hear it.”

Bruce continues, “We’re all really excited about this album. We recorded it back in early 2019 during a break in the Legacy tour so we could maximize our touring yet still have a long set up period before release to prepare great album art and something special as a video. Of course the pandemic delayed things more - so much for the best laid plans – or should that be ‘strategies’!?  The songs are very varied, and some of them are quite long. There’s also one or two songs which sound pretty different to our usual style, and I think Maiden fans will be surprised - in a good way, I hope!“

#IronMaiden #Senjutsu #Album

Edited by -Jaro-
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1