Shootings in California

dontdamnmeuyi2015

2 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Because you two were blaming the entire country for something a madman did.  I said there were evil people everywhere, even the countries you two routinely defend. 

you and your circular arguments.  I asked you to point to me defending those countries, remember?  It just happened

I blame the entire country for its non response.  

1 hour ago, soon said:

Please find an example of me defending any of these countries?  Although Palestine is great.

More kids were shot in US today.  You are acting against me for calling bullshit on that.  :thumbsup:

You defend any country other than the U.S.  I haven't seen you take the U.S.'s side in any debate ever.  You go out of your way to blame the U.S. for just about anything when it comes to international affairs.  

4 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

The irony of your nonsensical comment is that the day the U.S. stops being a country, so does Canada.  There's ZERO chance Canada would be able to defend all that land with its current military.  Russia and China would have a field day with you guys.  :lol:

Are you really saying that if USA ceased to be, China or Russia would come swooping in to attack Canada? That the only thing that stops WWIII from breaking out at any moment, is the presence of USA? Are you this paranoid?

8 hours ago, Pishy said:

Shooting people dead in the US, has been a regular thing since the pilgrims landed.  It's not the guns, it's the culture of violence.

RIP to the people who lost their lives, certainly doesn't have to be this way.

A Black serial killer in America? I guess there is a first time for everything.

The Beltway Sniper was black wasn’t he?  They are a rarity though, I must say.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Are you really saying that if USA ceased to be, China or Russia would come swooping in to attack Canada? That the only thing that stops WWIII from breaking out at any moment, is the presence of USA? Are you this paranoid?

Relax, it was a tongue in cheek comment. 

But if the U.S. were to cease to exist, it wouldn't take much if Russia or China wanted to take over Canada.  And yes, as a matter of fact, the US is the primary reason no one has tried to attack the North American Continent over the last 100+ years.

Edited by Kasanova King

3 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Relax, it was a tongue and cheek comment. 

But if the U.S. were to cease to exist, it wouldn't take much if Russia or China wanted to take over Canada.  And yes, as a matter of fact, the US is the primary reason no one has tried to attack the North American Continent over the last 100+ years.

I would say the main reason is circumstance of geography. 

34 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I would say the main reason is circumstance of geography. 

That has a lot to do with it, no doubt.

...but both Japan and Hitler supposedly  had plans to attack the North American Continent during WWII.  Good chance Russia would have too at some point during the Cold War.

And in a hypothetical situation, Canada would be the easier target between mainland US and Canada.  Russia could invade through Alaska, then down into Canada. 

Edited by Kasanova King

Ive never defended any countries including those Im accused of.  I never blamed US for bigotry in Canada. :facepalm: Gotta wonder if some people are just looking for a chance to pounce or if they actually miss read things to this degree on a regular basis.  It makes for some strange bedfellows 

6 minutes ago, soon said:

Ive never defended any countries including those Im accused of.  I never blamed US for bigotry in Canada. :facepalm: Gotta wonder if some people are just looking for a chance to pounce or if they actually miss read things to this degree on a regular basis.  It makes for some strange bedfellows 

Actually when you make a blanket statement, which you did in this thread, about drone strikes...acting like they are all targeting babies etc...it's the same as defending the middle East.  There have been drone strikes targeting suicide bombers,wanted terrorists, leaders of ISIS,  etc.  To make a blanket statement against drone strikes is the same as saying the US shouldn't of targeted those suicide bombers and terrorists.  

If I were to make similar blanket statements about Muslims....the way you routinely make blanket statements about the U.S., I would be regarded as a racist and Islamophobic.

38 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

...but both Japan and Hitler supposedly  had plans to attack the North American Continent during WWII.  Good chance Russia would have too at some point during the Cold War.

But those days are luckily long gone now. I am not saying you are not a huge deterrent still, just that you have less enemies and that it is a different world now. 

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Bedfellows?! You wish lol. I recall it was when Len asked you how the US affected your life and you basically blamed them for bigotry in Canada. I'm paraphrasing but you did say something like that.

I said US style bigotry informs and fuels Canadian style bigotry.  And that is a fact.  I didnt say I blame US for the existence of bigotry in Canada.

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

But those days are luckily long gone now. I am not saying you are not a huge deterrent still, just that you have less enemies and that it is a different world now. 

I agree.  It was a very tongue in cheek comment just outlying the potential irony behind his post. 

5 minutes ago, soon said:

I said US style bigotry informs and fuels Canadian style bigotry.  And that is a fact.  I didnt say I blame US for the existence of bigotry in Canada.

What? :facepalm:

Edited by Kasanova King

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

What does that even mean? I'm not being rhetorical.

Not that this has anything to do with the tragic shootings that took place, but their media saturates Canada and is a major influence on people here.  Historically the choice was made to have US radio signals directed towards us rather then towards Mexico.  The US influence has been felt so deeply that around the time of WW1&2 US superhero comics were banned due to their naive and unproductive Nationalism and Exceptionalism - the character Jonny Canuck was introduced to soothe the appetite for super heros.  In recent times, during the last regime the right wing US style Neo Cons of the sitting Conservative party launched a FOX news style 24 news channel called Sun Medial.  It failed.  But some of its founding members were fueled by the rise of the alt right and shifted gears and launched rebel media - which is a US alt right style outlet.  One of its more prominent hosts previous was a frequent guest on FOX.

The rise of Trump has emboldened bigots to come out of the closet both north and south of the border.  

I could go on, but I feel this is sufficient.

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Not that this has anything to do with the tragic shootings that took place, but their media saturates Canada and is a major influence on people here.  Historically the choice was made to have US radio signals directed towards us rather then towards Mexico.  The US influence has been felt so deeply that around the time of WW1&2 US superhero comics were banned due to their naive and unproductive Nationalism and Exceptionalism - the character Jonny Canuck was introduced to soothe the appetite for super heros.  In recent times, during the last regime the right wing US style Neo Cons of the sitting Conservative party launched a FOX news style 24 news channel called Sun Medial.  It failed.  But some of its founding members were fueled by the rise of the alt right and shifted gears and launched rebel media - which is a US alt right style outlet.  One of its more prominent hosts previous was a frequent guest on FOX.

The rise of Trump has emboldened bigots to come out of the closet both north and south of the border.  

I could go on, but I feel this is sufficient.

Wow.  Typical victim mentality.  There's quite a few studies done about people like yourself....you blame everything on the US...victimization.   It's actually a psychological disorder.  You might want to go see a psychiatrist, just sayin'.

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

Wow.  Typical victim mentality.  There's quite a few studies done about people like yourself....you blame everything on the US...victimization.   It's actually a psychological disorder.  You might want to go see a psychiatrist, just sayin'.

Our country decided to ban the comics before I was even born.  Just stop, think and then type.

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

"World War 1+World War 2+Comic books+Fox News=Ergo, you're making me a bigot!" :lol:

Australia has a lot of bigotry. We are culturally at least as close as Canada with America. I don't then go out and hate Maoris lmfao.

So now you're talking about Trump. Okay. But it's still a total cop-out to excuse your bigots because #Trump

Canadians have been treating the native people like shit for quite a while now, well before Trump.

Ive laid out a bit of a widely understood fact for you, you are acting in a manner that is beneath you

4 minutes ago, soon said:

Our country decided to ban the comics before I was even born.  Just stop, think and then type.

Do you have any idea what you're talking about?  Countries routinely try to block war propaganda, especially if they are trying to stay out of the war.  The U.S. has done the same thing historically.  Does that mean the U.S.'s bigotry is the fault of whoever tried to spread propaganda here?  Smh. Your anti-Americansim is once again deluding your common sense.

9 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

8 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Do you have any idea what you're talking about?  Countries routinely try to block war propaganda, especially if they are trying to stay out of the war.  The U.S. has done the same thing historically.  Does that mean the U.S.'s bigotry is the fault of whoever tried to spread propaganda here?  Smh. Your anti-Americansim is once again deluding your common sense.

thanks for your input gentlemen.  have a nice day

18 hours ago, Pishy said:

Shooting people dead in the US, has been a regular thing since the pilgrims landed.  It's not the guns, it's the culture of violence.

You keep repeating this as if it were a fact, when it's not:

"The US and other countries are more similar when it comes to violence than you might think. Most crimes, even most violent crimes, aren’t any more common here than in other countries. You see that in crime victim surveys (like the one highlighted in the above chart, which Swanson created), as well as in official government crime statistics. According to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime's collated government data, the crime of assault was rarer in the US in 2014 than it was in Australia, France, Ireland, or the Netherlands. The assault rates in Belgium and England/Wales were more than double the US rate. Some of that is due to differing assault definitions, but scholars generally agree that for most offenses, US crime rates are pretty normal."

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/11/9/16618472/mental-illness-gun-homicide-mass-shootings

Violence in America isn't an aberration with the rest of the developed world.  It's no less violent than developed European nations.  The difference, as the article correctly points out, is the ease by which hot-headed individuals in America can obtain and use guns. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

And in a hypothetical situation, Canada would be the easier target between mainland US and Canada.  Russia could invade through Alaska, then down into Canada. 

Hitler's generals looked at it and deemed it logistically impossible. The Japanese considered at one stage an occupation of Hawaii but this was thrown out. The American public, in the opening stages, feared a Japanese attack on California - there were even air raid alarms - but this was hysteria. The Kaiser had plans drawn up (plans 1-3), discovered in 1970, but most historians view these as 'war gaming', the type of thing most countries do upon one and another; the German Navy was never that strong.