Shootings in California

dontdamnmeuyi2015

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Hitler's generals looked at it and deemed it logistically impossible. The Japanese considered at one stage an occupation of Hawaii but this was thrown out. The American public, in the opening stages, feared a Japanese attack on California - there were even air raid alarms - but this was hysteria. The Kaiser had plans drawn up (plans 1-3), discovered in 1970, but most historians view these as 'war gaming', the type of thing most countries do upon one and another; the German Navy was never that strong.

I remember hearing rumors that German U-boats were outside the East Coast of the US.  Could have just been propaganda that was being spread at the time and the rumors persisted throughout time. 

You should check out the series called Man in the High Castle.  It's about a hypothetical scenario that Germany and Japan won the War....and they split up North America between the two nations.

Edited by Kasanova King

Just now, Kasanova King said:

I remember hearing rumors that German U-boats were outside the East Coast of the US.  Could have just been propaganda that was being spread at the time and the rumors persisted throughout time. 

Of course they would have been but that hardly construes an invasion! U-Boats were destroying Atlantic shipping so a logical area to intercept shipping would be the embarkation points on North America's east coast.

The Germans had looked and implemented an invasion of Britain and failed and it took the allies years to plan Operation Overload and the English Channel is just a mere stream compared to the Atlantic ocean. The German Navy never had that amount of capital ships to export an invasion force!

4 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Gentleman*

KK is one of those comic book bigots, remember?

In all seriousness I'm very disappointed by your behaviour. You've said some outlandish shit and then just stubbornly stuck to it despite being proven wrong and now you're having a tantrum.

P.S. We should all have a podcast debate haha

You're discussing with a guy that has already showed kindergarten levels of immaturity, what did you expect?

Also he ia stating "widely known facts" without sources again.

21 hours ago, Pishy said:

Shooting people dead in the US, has been a regular thing since the pilgrims landed.  It's not the guns, it's the culture of violence.

RIP to the people who lost their lives, certainly doesn't have to be this way.

A Black serial killer in America? I guess there is a first time for everything.

Well, you should study world history. Every country on earth has a violent past, present and I'm sure future. Man is a violent creature always was and always will be.

Remember, Americans all came from another country which includes Europe and most of the world. It's in every man's nature to be violent. Unfortunately, it's always the innocents who are hurt or killed.

Look at most of the wars. They were not started by the US.

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, you should study world history. Every country on earth has a violent past, present and I'm sure future. Man is a violent creature always was and always will be.

Remember, Americans all came from another country which includes Europe and most of the world. It's in every man's nature to be violent. Unfortunately, it's always the innocents who are hurt or killed.

Look at most of the wars. They were not started by the US.

Except mass shootings happen a lot more frequently in the US, compared to other First World Countries. Why's that? 

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

You are older than I thought. 

:lol:

No, no...the rumors I heard were from my 80 yearold neighbor when I was a kid.  She would tell me stories of what it was like living in the neighborhood during WWII. They would have special curtains, cover up the windows and shut off all their lights at night during the height of the War, just in case Germany decided to attack. 

Edited by Kasanova King

35 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

:lol:

No, no...the rumors I heard were from my 80 yearold neighbor when I was a kid.  She would tell me stories of what it was like living in the neighborhood during WWII. They would have special curtains, cover up the windows and shut off all their lights at night during the height of the War, just in case Germany decided to attack. 

Hysteria fueled by media coverage of what had just recently happened in Great Britain, probably in the immediate aftermath of Pearl Harbour. Hitler didn't have the capacity to cross the English Channel and defeat Great Britain: how therefore would he have the capacity to cross the Atlantic and land 100,000 soldiers (minimum) on the North American eastern seaboard? A bombing raid on the United States would consist of a round-trip of around 7,200 miles. The Heinkel He 111, Germany's principal bomber, had a maximum range of 1,429 miles. Even an experimental high-altitude bomber such as the He 274 had a range of 2,137 miles! Hitler did have various 'secret weapons', experimental weapons, such as the Amerika Bomber but these were either abandoned as being too expensive and logistically impossible, or nowhere near fruition by VE -Day. There was also a pie-in-the sky scheme to capture the Azores and use them as refueling stations, but nothing came of this.

Truthfully, Hitler was not very interested in America and was largely ignorant about it. His statements on it pertain to it being a decadent cesspit ran ''by Jews''. 

13 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

That has a lot to do with it, no doubt.

...but both Japan and Hitler supposedly  had plans to attack the North American Continent during WWII.  Good chance Russia would have too at some point during the Cold War.

And in a hypothetical situation, Canada would be the easier target between mainland US and Canada.  Russia could invade through Alaska, then down into Canada. 

As an Alaskan I feel safe....we got some of the best military bases in Anchorage and Fairbanks, a new fleet of F-35s and we are the first line of defense for the US in case of a nuclear missle from N Korea...hence why congress did not cut our military budget up here and has kept it fully staffed at both of the biggest bases.

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Hysteria fueled by media coverage of what had just recently happened in Great Britain, probably in the immediate aftermath of Pearl Harbour. Hitler didn't have the capacity to cross the English Channel and defeat Great Britain: how therefore would he have the capacity to cross the Atlantic and land 100,000 soldiers (minimum) on the North American eastern seaboard? A bombing raid on the United States would consist of a round-trip of around 7,200 miles. The Heinkel He 111, Germany's principal bomber, had a maximum range of 1,429 miles. Even an experimental high-altitude bomber such as the He 274 had a range of 2,137 miles! Hitler did have various 'secret weapons', experimental weapons, such as the Amerika Bomber but these were either abandoned as being too expensive and logistically impossible, or nowhere near fruition by VE -Day. There was also a pie-in-the sky scheme to capture the Azores and use them as refueling stations, but nothing came of this.

Truthfully, Hitler was not very interested in America and was largely ignorant about it. His statements on it pertain to it being a decadent cesspit ran ''by Jews''. 

Theres a lesson to be learned from all this regarding governments and their ability to shit people up where it isn’t warranted.