They haven’t released an album of originals since seven years before Google was a company

ludurigan

A little over a week ago, I saw Guns N’ Roses. It was the first time I’ve watched Axl and Slash share a stage, and it’s something that I’ve wanted to see happen for more than a decade. Concerts, like most things in pop culture, are always at least a little bit impacted by expectations on a personal level, but I knew what I was getting going in: I was going to hear the hits, saturated in theatrics, from a rock band past their prime. And that’s what I got. It met my expectations, and it was a fun and interesting check off the bucket list. They haven’t released an album of originals since seven years before Google was a company, so I was inevitably going to overpay for ragged nostalgia. I did, and I don’t regret it.

https://www.leoweekly.com/2017/11/concert-review-jesus-mary-chain-transcend-nostalgia/

Yea really outside of Axl they are legitimate musicians. 

I exclude Axl simply Bc his vocals are not up to the standard of an artist in their prime and physically he let himself go. 

I don’t want to get into it too much but he did himself no favors after CD released. He set himself up to become a nostalgia act. But that’s his choice. He could have continued to work his ass off and perform with a chip on his shoulder similar to 06 where he had the look of a guy still trying to be relevant. 

Now his relevance lies with Angus and i think he’s going to try and do what he can to get back to the best version of himself. But maybe age and wear has caught up now. The wear wouldn’t show as much if he didn’t lapse into a IDGAF mode after CD came out. 

Hes still making millions, appears to be in a good place. So i can’t sit here and argue the path he’s taken. From a fan perspective i feel cheated by what he’s done the last two decades simply Bc i like many others saw the potential in his music and his performances. It sucks when someone writes a review with this perspective and you realize they are right in many aspects. Just as a fan you want everyone to appreciate the potential like you do...sometimes reality sucks. 

But again I’m not saying he should have done this or that. It’s his life. I think we all realize what could have been for him and this band 

• Like 1

Ñahh is a rock show, I mean I want an album as much as the next guy (with or without Slash/Duff) but if it doesn't happen then so be it, just like if something leaks we'll hear it regardless of the desires of the band. Let's be honest, we don't do anything for our artists, and they don't do anything for us. They just offer us a product and we choose if we buy it or not, and if the current incarnation of GN'R isn't good enough to you for whatever reason that's completely OK, just don't buy their stuff.