Gene Simmons Banned From Fox

soon

Didn't see this posted yet.  Simmons had a bizarre outburst while at a Fox News studio.  He's banned now.

With his outsized personality, outspoken opinion and conservative-leaning political views, Kiss co-founder Gene Simmons has long been a natural fit for guest appearances on the Fox News network. But being unfiltered can cut both ways, and now Simmons' behavior has apparently earned him a lifetime ban at the network.

UPDATE: Simmons has issued the following statement to Ultimate Classic Rock: "I have appeared frequently over the years on various Fox News and Fox Business programs and have a tremendous amount of respect for the talented women and men who work there. While I believe that what is being reported is highly exaggerated and misleading, I am sincerely sorry that I unintentionally offended members of the Fox team during my visit."

The Daily Beast reports that the trouble started on Nov. 15, when Simmons stopped by to tape interviews and appearances promoting his new financial self-help book, On Power. Clearly in a high-energy mood, Simmons even made his way over to the map to help meteorologist Janice Dean present her weather report.

During his interview with Mornings With Maria host Maria Bartiromo, Simmons was asked to weigh in on the growing list of celebrities, entertainment industry executives and politicians embroiled in a variety of sexual misconduct scandals — and he seemed to suggest that although this type of behavior has long been tacitly accepted, if not outright encouraged in some quarters, those days are done.

"I'm a powerful and attractive man and what I'm about to say is deadly serious," Simmons said. "Men are jackasses. And from the time we're young, we have testosterone. I'm not validating it or defending it. Guys need to be trained from their very, very young ages from their mothers and their loved ones that half the world's population are female, and they need to be treated with respect."

All of Simmons' on-camera interactions went well, in other words — but according to the Beast's sources, he didn't fare as well once the cameras stopped rolling. He's accused of bursting into a staff meeting, unbuttoning his shirt and yelling "Hey chicks, sue me," and whacking a pair of employees on the head with his book as some sort of intelligence test. His actions were reported to network execs, who reportedly, and quickly, barred Simmons from the building and imposed a lifetime ban on future appearances.

It's all fairly bizarre, even in the context of Simmons' brazen public persona, and while neither he nor his reps has commented on the story, a Fox News spokesperson has confirmed the Daily Beast’s account to Ultimate Classic Rock. (We also reached out to Simmons' publicist for a comment, but have not heard back.) Whatever Simmons ends up having to say about it, it looks like he'll have to find some new stops on his next promotional tour — and Fox pundits will need to dial up a different right-wing rocker for talking head segments from here on out.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/gene-simmons-fox-news-ban/

"whacking a pair of employees on the head with his book as some sort of intelligence test." Is my favourite part! :lol:  Hoping of course it wasnt hard and that they are all okay.  What a buffoon.  Never liked that guy.

Edited by soon
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Attractive, yeah? :lol:  He looks like The Munsters pedophile uncle.

Just a reminder from a few years ago.

Search warrant served at home of Kiss bassist Gene Simmons

(CNN)A search warrant was served at the Los Angeles home of Kiss bassist Gene Simmons, but the rocker and his family are not considered suspects,authorities said.

The division that handles online crimes against children executed the warrant Thursday, according to Lt. John Jenal of the Los Angeles Police Department.
"No members of the Simmons family are suspects in the case and were extremely cooperative," he said.
The rocker's wife thanked fans for their support, and said the family is stunned.
"We couldn't be more horrified that someone used our residence for such heinous crimes,"Shannon Tweed Simmons tweeted. "Law enforcement is on it."
She did not provide any details on the alleged crime. Nor did authorities, citing an ongoing investigation.
The rocker's publicist said the police visit was connected with a crime that may have occurred on the property last year while Simmons was away touring with his band.
Authorities requested Simmons and his family not to discuss the case to avoid undermining the investigation, publicist Cheyanne Baker said in a statement.
Simmons is best known as a front man and co-founder of the rock band Kiss, but he wears many hats, including record producer and songwriter.
He also starred in a reality television show on A&E, "Gene Simmons Family Jewels," that documented life with his wife and two children.

Sourcehttp://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/20/entertainment/gene-simmons-kiss-home-search-warrant/index.html 

Edited by AtariLegend

Does anyone care to explain why British people are so amused by people taking their pants off? It makes no sense to Americans. I watched the benny hill show as a kid and it was all about pants and butts. What's wrong with you people? :rofl-lol: Is it the only way to let some of the stuffing out of your asses and have a laugh? 

14 hours ago, soon said:

'm a powerful and attractive man and what I'm about to say is deadly serious

I'm no lady so maybe the ladies can correct me but from where I am sitting he has a face like a baboons bum.

3 minutes ago, Pishy said:

Does anyone care to explain why British people are so amused by people taking their pants off? It makes no sense to Americans. I watched the benny hill show as a kid and it was all about pants and butts. What's wrong with you people? :rofl-lol: Is it the only way to let some of the stuffing out of your asses and have a laugh? 

(Men) dressing up as women also. It is an Englishman's prerogative to wear a dress before a heavy drinking session. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Graeme said:

There's something just not fucking right about a right-wing artist/musician.

I was going to mention Richard Wagner but was then reminded that Wagner was quite left-wing in that he supported German nationhood (a left wing cause then, during the 1848 revolutions) and was frequently on the run in his youth for perceived 'radicalism'.  

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I was going to mention Richard Wagner but was then reminded that Wagner was quite left-wing in that he supported German nationhood (a left wing cause then, during the 1848 revolutions) and was frequently on the run in his youth for perceived 'radicalism'.  

Ted Nugent and Andrew Lloyd-Webber as well...

There are a lot of right wing musicians and some that play it different to suit an image , let it slip out later . Dylan ripped off Woody Guthrie , his music and a very superficial layer of Woody's politics . But look at the crazy shit Dylon says .

Look at axl's solo album title , all of what he rants about can be applied to his own country but he didn't have to balls to do something good for Americans and assist their understanding because he lacks it himself. 

The days of social and political commentary in music , looks to be long over . It was killed in rap with Eminem then tiny Tim, little dog, baby kitty etc. Same happened to pop, we went from MJ to Bieber. Folk, country and all kinds of rock suffered . Look at the lyrics Janis, Doors, Sabbath, Bruce, SOD were putting out ?  They eliminated it and replaced it with mindless dribble . It's not generational, music really is garabge now. 

It's not just the overtly right wingers, many of the libs push the same trash , only presentation differs . To get a contract in the past 17 years for sure, it's a requirement that one is a piece of crap.

48 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm no lady so maybe the ladies can correct me but from where I am sitting he has a face like a baboons bum.

(Men) dressing up as women also. It is an Englishman's prerogative to wear a dress before a heavy drinking session. 

I can understand the dress. 

Simmons and nugent are more naked about it, sure. Neither are pretending to be anything different than what they are. Dylan was largely a phony though which sucks .

Look at all the American artists that rallied for Killary the mass murderer and dressed her up as some hero when much of what she did , was well known . What's more damaging , nugent singing praises for old Dixie and firing his rifle or these nefarious charlatans that contribute to real life , dire consequences ? Frankly I would rather hang out with nugent than lady Gaga or any of the other right wingers in disguise 

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Simmons and Nugent are more the, America and money kick ass, let's shoot some elephants'' variety of right-wing. I'm not sure they deserved to be discussed in the same topic as some of the others being mentioned. 

You got a point , Simmons is trash . So are the other obvious ones. It's just difficult to find a material difference between the 2 camps in terms of what they advocate and the damage they do , their views are near identical , delivery differs, one is crass and the other uses ornate language and nice sounding platitudes. What's obviously absent are artists telling the truth. 

No Gene YOU are a jackass. Not sure what testosterone has to do with anything either, i have it and dont feel the need to whip my dick out whenever i'm in the presence of an attractive woman. Harvey Weinstein is the perfect example of a fat bully who couldn't get laid growing up, got some power and took advantage of it, there's nothing a mother can do to guard against that.

• Like 1