Do you think the high ticket prices are justified because they play quite long shows?

5 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Totally true for Example Oslo tixs are £140ish the flights from LHR are £140 

I know a few people in my area Monmouthshire who jusy went too Spain for just over £250 each 

Concert tickets have certainly went through some inflation in relation to other things. 

58 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The prices (£150 plus) are too much for an experience that only lasts 2-3 hours, prices that could take you on a cheapo holiday for one week!!

I do not like any band that much. 

It's true. I hate that scalpers get their hands on so many tickets but their jacked up prices I can understand. I do not understand why  band like U2 or GnR or any band need to charge basically a months rent for two people to enjoy a show from the upper decks at the far end of the arena or stadium is insane. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Derick said:

So now you can’t be a “real fan” if you have money to buy a Pit ticket. To be a real fan a person need have no money! If you have money you can’t love the band! Fuck that!!! Indeed one of the stupidest things that I read on this board. :facepalm:

Then count me as not a real fan as I paid an embarrassingly large amount for PIT tickets to the show in LA this Saturday and will fly almost 6000 miles round trip to get there.  I'll be in the PIT on Slash's side with the other non fans I guess :lol:

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Bono said:

It's true. I hate that scalpers get their hands on so many tickets but their jacked up prices I can understand. I do not understand why  band like U2 or GnR or any band need to charge basically a months rent for two people to enjoy a show from the upper decks at the far end of the arena or stadium is insane. 

Well. I guess that one all stems back to people being so stupid to pay scalpers that kind of money. Bands see that, think people pay that anyway and why is someone else making that money of our backs and voila you have the 250 $/€ original ticket. So really, it's the stupid fans fault. I'd rather die than to give a scalper that kind of money.

40 minutes ago, Bono said:

Then count me as not a real fan as I paid an embarrassingly large amount for PIT tickets to the show in LA this Saturday and will fly almost 6000 miles round trip to get there.  I'll be in the PIT on Slash's side with the other non fans I guess :lol:

How much have you paid??

1 hour ago, tremolo said:

Then it’s even worse, the last relevant lineup had Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff, Matt and Dizzy.

But in all honesty, I would say the last relevant lineup was the one that ended the illusions tour, which had Gilby instead of Izzy.

That's what I said, except for the fact that Gilby is not relevant.

39 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well. I guess that one all stems back to people being so stupid to pay scalpers that kind of money. Bands see that, think people pay that anyway and why is someone else making that money of our backs and voila you have the 250 $/€ original ticket. So really, it's the stupid fans fault. I'd rather die than to give a scalper that kind of money.

How much have you paid??

No it's not the stupid fans fault. It's the industry's fault for allowing it because make no mistake the industry and the bands are allowing it. Tickets are gone so fast that in most cases resale sites are a fans only option to get tickets. Calling fans stupid for going through basically the only measure they really have is lame. Fans are in essence forced into this if they ever wanna attend a show. And before you say nobody is forcing anyone to do anything, keep in mind you said you'd rather die than pay scalpers money so keep what I'm saying in perspective. 

How much I paid isn't anyone's business other than I paid a lot. It's absurd but I'm fortunate enough to be in a position to be able to afford it. A lot of fans aren't unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, Bono said:

No it's not the stupid fans fault. It's the industry's fault for allowing it because make no mistake the industry and the bands are allowing it. Tickets are gone so fast that in most cases resale sites are a fans only option to get tickets. Calling fans stupid for going through basically the only measure they really have is lame. Fans are in essence forced into this if they ever wanna attend a show. And before you say nobody is forcing anyone to do anything, keep in mind you said you'd rather die than pay scalpers money so keep what I'm saying in perspective. 

How much I paid isn't anyone's business other than I paid a lot. It's absurd but I'm fortunate enough to be in a position to be able to afford it. A lot of fans aren't unfortunately. 

The fans are as much to blame as the industry. Sorry, if someone pays 500 $ for a ticket, knowing that 400 of those $ goes to a jackass, who only bought the ticket to resell it, then that fan is an idiot (whether he can afford it or not is not really the point). That's a fact. To pay any price is not the only option to get these tickets. If people wouldn't go for these offers and wait til showtime when the prices drop, then it wouldn't be lucrative for scalpers and the more often they get burned on tickets, the more they would think twice on buying tickets to resell them. Like I said, I'd rather die than to pay these assholes. The only times I bought tickets through scalper sites, was when the price was close to the original.

Seeing how you make a secret of how much you paid, I take it they found another victim that made their scalping lucrative.

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. Gilby appeared from late '91 until '93. The majority of those dates with Izzy happened in the US. They played only 6 cities outside the US. Most of the world didn't get to see them with Izzy on that tour. So it was only 3 original members left. Many thought of Matt as an outsider already, regardless of whether he was on the album or not. Same for Dizzy (but hey, he is still there... so for the people, who do care about him, it's 4 out of those 5 relevant members at the time).

My point was that the entire UYI tour featured the exact same band that recorded those albums (except for the last year and a half when Gilby replaced Izzy).

This 'threeunion' tour features a bizarre collection of original members, a UYI era member, assorted members of Axl's solo band, a new second keyboard player, ...

At least the UYI tour featured musicians that were actually IN the band, that actually PLAYED ON and WROTE FOR the actual albums they were touring behind.

You CANNOT compare the UYI tour to the NITL tour.  UYI was the real deal, NITL is a tribute act.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

My point was that the entire UYI tour featured the exact same band that recorded those albums (except for the last year and a half when Gilby replaced Izzy).

This 'threeunion' tour features a bizarre collection of original members, a UYI era member, assorted members of Axl's solo band, a new second keyboard player, ...

At least the UYI tour featured musicians that were actually IN the band, that actually PLAYED ON and WROTE FOR the actual albums they were touring behind.

You CANNOT compare the UYI tour to the NITL tour.  UYI was the real deal, NITL is a tribute act.

And the last year and a half was the time most people around the world got to see them live. It was only 4 months of '91, when all the people who played on the UYI albums were doing the concerts.

My point is: 4 people of those 6 people from the album are present now. Of the 2 people who are missing only one (Izzy) is relevant. Matt is semirelevant. Gilby, who didn't play anywhere, except on the majority of the tour, is non relevant. Even less relevant (if possible) is the greek at the harmonica, who got replaced by the chick with the blue hair. And many thought that the 6 background singers and hornplayers were bizarre too. Thankfully no one is replacing them.

And while I obviously prefer the UYI tour and would rather see Reese, Ferrer and Fortus leave yesterday than next week, I absolute can compare these two tours (if we exclude the fact that then they were touring a new album and now they are touring a legacy), especially the latter part of the tour, once Izzy had left. Matt and Gilby contributed nothing, writing wise. It's just nostalgia that rates them and their tour higher.

5 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

And the last year and a half was the time most people around the world got to see them live. It was only 4 months of '91, when all the people who played on the UYI albums were doing the concerts.

My point is: 4 people of those 6 people from the album are present now. Of the 2 people who are missing only one (Izzy) is relevant. Matt is semirelevant. Gilby, who didn't play anywhere, except on the majority of the tour, is non relevant. Even less relevant (if possible) is the greek at the harmonica, who got replaced by the chick with the blue hair. And many thought that the 6 background singers and hornplayers were bizarre too. Thankfully no one is replacing them.

And while I obviously prefer the UYI tour and would rather see Reese, Ferrer and Fortus leave yesterday than next week, I absolute can compare these two tours (if we exclude the fact that then they were touring a new album and now they are touring a legacy), especially the latter part of the tour, once Izzy had left. Matt and Gilby contributed nothing, writing wise. It's just nostalgia that rates them and their tour higher.

Respectfully, I call bullshit.

Again, the UYI tour was the ACTUAL band touring behind an ACTUAL album.

NITL is not even a band, they're not touring behind ANY album, and they're mostly playing other people's songs (up to 6 cover songs of Axl's solo band a night now !) , ...

Performance-wise, well, you don't want to go there ...

Yes, 4 out of 6 of those people are present now.  But it should've been 6, or at least 5 since apparently Izzy doesn't WANT to do it.

NITL lost all credibility as a genuine GNR tour when they included members and songs of Axl's solo band instead of actual GNR alumni and their own back catalog.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

NITL lost all credibility as a genuine GNR tour when they included members and songs of Axl's solo band instead of actual GNR alumni and their own back catalog.

NITL lost all credibility as a genuine GNR tour for you and for those who chose to hate it. And I'm sorry to inform you, the amount of people who say this kind of shitty is insignificant, I dare to say that it's restricted to a small portion of a small hardcore fans group.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bono said:

Wowww that´s a lot money, not a real fan...Shame on you!!:facepalm:

17 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

The fans are as much to blame as the industry. Sorry, if someone pays 500 $ for a ticket, knowing that 400 of those $ goes to a jackass, who only bought the ticket to resell it, then that fan is an idiot (whether he can afford it or not is not really the point). That's a fact. To pay any price is not the only option to get these tickets. If people wouldn't go for these offers and wait til showtime when the prices drop, then it wouldn't be lucrative for scalpers and the more often they get burned on tickets, the more they would think twice on buying tickets to resell them. Like I said, I'd rather die than to pay these assholes. The only times I bought tickets through scalper sites, was when the price was close to the original.

Seeing how you make a secret of how much you paid, I take it they found another victim that made their scalping lucrative.

You're wrong because the industry is allowing resale sites to get their hands on tickets first. They are in collusion and it is the fans only option. Calling me stupid because I can afford it as if it's my job to ensure other fans can afford face value tickets is dumb. What you're asking for is a mass boycott and you're never gonna get that because it's impossible to ask for. Some fans can afford the ridiculous prices so is it my fault that other can't afford it because I choose to pay what i can afford? Fuck no. It's the industries fault for allowing it, encouraging it and facilitating it. I'm sure as fuck not gonna not buy a ticket I can afford just to support Darryl in Boston who wants to see a show. Get real. 

I kept how much a paid to myself because it's not your business and I'm not on here to brag about what I can afford. I'd be a victim if I couldn't afford it and if purchasing tickets put me in a  tight spot. Sorry cool guy I'm not the victim. I simply used the means I have available to attend a show I wanted to. Blame people like me all ya want but you sound like a jackass doing so. 

Edited by Bono

38 minutes ago, Bono said:

You're wrong because the industry is allowing resale sites to get their hands on tickets first. They are in collusion and it is the fans only option. Calling me stupid because I can afford it as if it's my job to ensure other fans can afford face value tickets is dumb. What you're asking for is a mass boycott and you're never gonna get that because it's impossible to ask for. Some fans can afford the ridiculous prices so is it my fault that other can't afford it because I choose to pay what i can afford? Fuck no. It's the industries fault for allowing it, encouraging it and facilitating it. I'm sure as fuck not gonna not buy a ticket I can afford just to support Darryl in Boston who wants to see a show. Get real. 

I kept how much a paid to myself because it's not your business and I'm not on here to brag about what I can afford. I'd be a victim if I couldn't afford it and if purchasing tickets put me in a  tight spot. Sorry cool guy I'm not the victim. I simply used the means I have available to attend a show I wanted to. Blame people like me all ya want but you sound like a jackass doing so. 

Right. Me, me, me. Applying the same attitude as the industry. Regardless of whether you want to admit it or not, with paying any fantasy price for tickets (which is not the only option), just because you can afford it, you’re part of the problem, not the solution. People like you are showing the industry what the public (well, part of it) is willing to pay for those tickets and making the industry raise their own prices and/or allowing and/or actively participate in those scalping operations. If people would refrain from taking these offers, things would look differently. If there would be shows, where half of the arena is empty, despite being sold out, maybe something would change.

And don’t you worry about me, I could afford it too, I guess, but I’m getting my tickets without paying a king’s ransom and supporting these undeserving scumbags. And yes, you are a victim, because you succumbed to daylight robbery and paid the undeserving third party. You’re the jackass for supporting the practice and at the same time blaming the industry for it.

• Like 1

Eh, not really. I think it's bizarre that the tickets on this leg of the NA tour were most expensive than 2016's. I didn't end up going to the show at the TD Garden in Boston, because it was almost $50 more than what I paid at the show in Foxboro, MA in Gilette Stadium. Why would I pay more for an arena show vs a stadium show? 

3 minutes ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

Eh, not really. I think it's bizarre that the tickets on this leg of the NA tour were most expensive than 2016's. I didn't end up going to the show at the TD Garden in Boston, because it was almost $50 more than what I paid at the show in Foxboro, MA in Gilette Stadium. Why would I pay more for an arena show vs a stadium show? 

Well, one could say half or third amount of people for the same appearance fee GNR are getting. Also a more intimate experience, than at a stadium show.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Right. Me, me, me. Applying the same attitude as the industry. Regardless of whether you want to admit it or not, with paying any fantasy price for tickets (which is not the only option), just because you can afford it, you’re part of the problem, not the solution. People like you are showing the industry what the public (well, part of it) is willing to pay for those tickets and making the industry raise their own prices and/or allowing and/or actively participate in those scalping operations. If people would refrain from taking these offers, things would look differently. If there would be shows, where half of the arena is empty, despite being sold out, maybe something would change.

And don’t you worry about me, I could afford it too, I guess, but I’m getting my tickets without paying a king’s ransom and supporting these undeserving scumbags. And yes, you are a victim, because you succumbed to daylight robbery and paid the undeserving third party. You’re the jackass for supporting the practice and at the same time blaming the industry for it.

Haha listen to youself. Mad at me for inflated prices. You sound like a complete asshole.  You think it's up to me to regulate ticket prices and I'm selfish for going to LA this weekend to see GnR because I can afford to pay the cost of tickets? GTFO.  Go be a victim somewhere else and stop bitching that people like me are ruining shit for you.  You're pissed I won't tell ya how much a paid as if it's your business. Have fun sitting at home you righteous twat while I'm at Guns N Roses this weekend.  

Oh and since you're such a smart fucking dude explain to me what my other options are for a sold out show? 

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bono said:

Haha listen to youself. Mad at e for inflated prices. You sound like a complete asshole.  You think it's up to me to regulate ticket prices and I'm selfish for going to LA this weekend to see GnR because I can afford to pay the cost of tickets? GTFO.  Go be a victim somewhere else and stop bitching that people like me are ruining shit for you.  You're pissed I won't tell ya how much a paid as if it's your business. Have fun sitting at home you righteous twat while I'm at Guns N Roses this weekend. 

LOL right. The truth hurts. That's why you're getting butthurt and insulting now. Why would I be pissed that you're not telling me what you've paid? I had a serious interest in knowing what real people actually pay. You're not telling me. So, fine. Whatever. You're making a secret out of it. Seems you're really embarrased. But don't you worry about me. I do get my shows, see below. For a fraction of what fools like you (who don't even like this tour and incarnation and are constantly bitching about it) have paid.

Edited by PatrickS77