Appetite for Distortion - Ep. 35: Downzyy & RussTCB, MYGnRForum

• downzy pinned this topic
3 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Glad to hear that I am not the only one to have family and friends that think I am overly obsessed and crazy for loving the shit out of this band!

Oh yeah. My wife gets it and she genuinely likes Guns. The rest of my friends just do not get it. My best friend thinks I'm absolutely insane lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

My best friend thinks I'm absolutely insane lol

We all do, Russ :P

59 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Listened to it last night, really interesting to hear @downzy and @RussTCB voices after only reading their posts for a year. Was a cool listen and it gave some great insight into this forum.

Haven't heard it yet but I already heard Russ in another one where he talked about that time when Sebastian Bach claimed Sorry was a doom metal song :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Great episode as always! 

Hearing @downzy and @RussTCB talk about how much work they put in to this forum so that we all can have a pleasant time being here made me buy the MyGNRForum Club Membership that I've been thinking about for so long! :)

Thanks for the hard, and necessary, work you guys put in to this site! :D

Well that's pretty cool :)

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

8 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

I reached out to Downzy and Russ to be interviewed...the concept of forums, this one in particular have always interested me. Not just for GnR reasons, but a human level. The endless hours devoted to them, whether in maintaining or simply having a conversation. I wanted to do this episode for awhile.

Thanks @Gambit83 for putting the time in and making an excellent podcast for the GNR community!  Thanks @downsy and @RussTCB for this wonderful place to speculate, commemorate, and commiserate!  HA!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

13 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Glad to hear that I am not the only one to have family and friends that think they are overly obsessed and crazy for loving the shit out of this band!

What Is nice Is when your significant other doesn't mind your obsession and Is willing to attend  as many shows as you are willing to take her to and actually asks If there are anymore shows close enough to attend.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was guest on episode 27. Just sayin. 😉

Great episode as always guys!

And a huge thank you to everyone involved with both MyGNR and Appetite For Distortion. The best website and podcast respectively for anything Guns N' Roses. Also Happy Thanksgiving to all those in the States. 🇺🇸

Edited by Izzymacbeth
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, tharbin80 said:

These episodes get better and better. I’ve been a lurker on this forum since the beginnings, just never been a regular poster. I’d love to hear more interviews of the key players on here. This is becoming my favorite podcast. 

Very cool :)

35 minutes ago, tharbin80 said:

These episodes get better and better. I’ve been a lurker on this forum since the beginnings, just never been a regular poster. I’d love to hear more interviews of the key players on here. This is becoming my favorite podcast. 

Thank you, that means a lot. It’s honestly becoming a passion project. I had lost some passion being on boring classic rock radio stations, with all the time restrictions to speak and the same songs over and over again. In the past I’ve tried different podcast ventures, non GNR, but they fizzled out. 

I will always credit @Elevation516 for coming up with this GNR podcast idea for us. Now after so much positive feedback (can’t make it up) and the media shift to podcasting in general (IMO), it only makes sense to keep doing it, see where this can go....

• Like 4

On 11/23/2017 at 2:14 AM, ironmt said:

What Is nice Is when your significant other doesn't mind your obsession and Is willing to attend  as many shows as you are willing to take her to and actually asks If there are anymore shows close enough to attend.

Absolutely. There's been a couple drives that have tested my wife, but overall she's been cool about it. She's never been to a GNR show she didn't enjoy, so that's great :)

• Like 2

On 11/25/2017 at 1:01 PM, RussTCB said:

Absolutely. There's been a couple drives that have tested my wife, but overall she's been cool about it. She's never been to a GNR show she didn't enjoy, so that's great :)

That Is awesome and I understand where you are coming from about the drives. We don't do vacations, so going all out for a Guns show has become our yearly habit. 

• Like 1